The Sports Media Thread

12 minutes ago, waltere said:

Pretty much all I know USA for is having been the home of Raw for years and years.

And "Silk Stalkings".

zy52n32jWxYnQBvfindnvcLLEuc.jpg

• Like 9

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

spacer.png
spacer.png

A couple things-

• This still doesn’t fix the Angelos family having the “it’s a privilege to watch Orioles games” mentality they have against streaming services

• The biggest problem is the Orioles and Nationals fans who don’t have Xfinity(Comcast), Verizon FiOS, DirecTV, or Dish likely not being able to access the games/content aka those of us who have SlingTV among others

• The only way to fix the issue of non-cable/non-satellite users not being able to watch games would be offering a standalone annual subscription fee 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2021 at 10:14 PM, Seadragon76 said:

Am I the only one thinking of old pinball tables with the name 'Bally'?

There also Bally Astrocade console from the late 70's.

I will miss Fox Sports tbh. But I like to see what Bally will do now. 

My Alternative History Sports Stories:

CFL-USA - A Different Telling/StL Americans TL

Bell Media just cut a bunch of jobs, including Dan of Jay and Dan. SC host Natasha Staniszewski and TSN's Ottawa reporter Brent Wallace were also let go.

Losing the NHL really hurt Bell/TSN and then I don't think Jay and Dan were able to fully recapture the pre-FS1 magic and their second go around, plus Dan had a really weird incident back in the summer (which I don't think had any impact on the cut), but it's the end of an era.

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

Bell Media just cut a bunch of jobs, including Dan of Jay and Dan. SC host Natasha Staniszewski and TSN's Ottawa reporter Brent Wallace were also let go.

Losing the NHL really hurt Bell/TSN and then I don't think Jay and Dan were able to fully recapture the pre-FS1 magic and their second go around, plus Dan had a really weird incident back in the summer (which I don't think had any impact on the cut), but it's the end of an era.

Super sad and disheartening. I'm a new father too and his story over the summer was pretty hard to read about, even if the resolution seems to have been ok?

What the hell was that?  Even the initial sound didn't sound like a goal horn, but like some kind of feedback or electromagnetic sound like when you're plugging something into an amp but don't push it in all the way.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well, Bell killed it's TSN Radio stations in Hamilton, Winnipeg and Vancouver, in the scummiest way possible. They pulled the plug while the stations were on the air, and gave employees 30 minutes to get their stuff and get out. 

21 hours ago, monkeypower said:

One of the weirdest things I've ever seen, the Blues goal horn rips a hole in the time space continuum and the Coyotes broadcast picks up the Memphis broadcast audio of the Grizzlies-Toronto Raptors game.

https://streamable.com/h6vl89

The basketball audio continued on too.

I have no idea how that happened.

This was the greatest.  For a split second after the vortex was opened you can hear some guy taking a gentle, meaty breath before turning up the basketball game he had on in the same room.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter