2016 CFL Uniforms

docrocket

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the parts of the 2005/12 redesign were the best. The lack of TV numbers on a few of those uniforms of the Adidas looks still bothers me. I think they should be made mandatory in the CFL, IMO. They are still useful even in this HD age we're living in.

UBwef0L.png

On 12/06/2016 at 0:19 AM, nash61 said:

This is some next level bad right here.

Screen Shot 2016-06-12 at 12.19.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-12 at 12.21.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-12 at 12.22.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-12 at 12.23.53 AM.png

This is looking absolutely awful... Riders in monochrome panels mess are terrible and the Lions looking like absolute clowns. Orange helmet not matching the jerseys, white on the helmet not found anywhere else, useless orange part at the knees and the jerseys looking like cheap generic rec league stuff. 

The only way those Lions uniforms can possibly work (and even then it's debatable) is if they strictly stick to the home (black and orange) helmet with the home uniforms and the road (white and orange) helmet with the road uniforms.

To see them already mixing and matching (and even swapping the facemask?!) in their very first preseason game is disappointing. 

Definitely an unpopular opinion, but I strangely liked BC's uniforms when I watched the game. I do agree the helmet choice was a little misguided though. I think it could work if they paired the orange helmet (including black facemask) with the "colour" jersey and orange pants.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Definitely an unpopular opinion, but I strangely liked BC's uniforms when I watched the game. I do agree the helmet choice was a little misguided though. I think it could work if they paired the orange helmet (including black facemask) with the "colour" jersey and orange pants.

I can dig it.  Those BC helmets and unis are dope!

And Sask doesn't look bad either.

I'm not a fan of side panels, but this ain't so bad.

It's where it belongs for the CFL --- somewhere between the garishness of Arena League unis and the look of NFL togs.

Looks like Ottawa is going to have 2 helmets again. (don't recall seeing confirmation on the white helmet before)

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

There's lots wrong with these uniforms and it's pretty disappointing we get a step back.

- Calgary and Ottawa use the same templated uniform and are the inverse of each other. Calgary continues to heavily feature black with their red in a league with another team called the Redblacks. Go back to red and white!

- Four teams use the same template (Calgary, Ottawa, Saskatchewan, BC).

- Four teams don't have TV numbers. 

- BC should never mix and match uniform elements since the home is strictly black and orange and the away is almost completely white and orange.

- Edmonton reverted to the inferior 2005-2011 design with far fewer stripes. I was actually a fan of their 2012-2015 away uniform and saw a lot of their fans wear them. 

- The Tiger-Cats removed stripes. That makes no sense.

I actually like that Montreal kept their uniforms the same. I think brand consistency is important (and mostly neglected in the CFL). I also like Toronto's change to outlined numbers since it sets up the potential Cambridge blue alternate uniform nicely. Winnipeg is great, but will take some getting used to for me since I grew up with the navy blue Bombers.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching this Argos/Ti-Cats game, what is up with the cutoff stripes on the Argos' pants? That looks ridiculous. As for Hamilton, is their wordmark inspired by the Alouettes, cause it is WAY TOO BIG. The Ti-Cats took the little things off their uniforms that made them great, such as the pant stripes, helmet stripe, and the smaller wordmark. They are still good, but they aren't as good unfortunately.

14 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Watching this Argos/Ti-Cats game, what is up with the cutoff stripes on the Argos' pants? That looks ridiculous. As for Hamilton, is their wordmark inspired by the Alouettes, cause it is WAY TOO BIG. The Ti-Cats took the little things off their uniforms that made them great, such as the pant stripes, helmet stripe, and the smaller wordmark. They are still good, but they aren't as good unfortunately.

That work mark really is "in your face" isn't it? Really ruins the set. 

That and everytime Ricky Ray threw the football, his sleeves man, It's just so obvious that the sleeve stripes just end. It's a small thing but it bugged me so much. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

1 hour ago, Dante_X said:

Tonight marks the return of the Als white helmet (made famous by the last play of the game versus Toronto a couple of years ago)!

13533157_10153834960796379_2766846733492

As an American with very little understanding of what just happened, can some one explain what just happened? 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived