2016 CFL Uniforms

docrocket

3 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Why? Isn't it easier to get a punt off than make a FG, especially if you're on one of the hashes? 

Uprights are at the front of the endzone, and the endzones are 20+ yards deep. The only risk of the FG is if it hits the upright, which in that case it is a deadball. 

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, kw11333 said:

Uprights are at the front of the endzone, and the endzones are 20+ yards deep. The only risk of the FG is if it hits the upright, which in that case it is a deadball. 

Which definitely plays into the calculation.

I've seen tied games at the end go for the guaranteed single instead of the FG. Though, interestingly enough, it was a placekick that intentially kicked it wide (was also setup wide on the hashmark). Instead of a punt. Having two men handle the snap (holder and then the kicker hitting the setup right) seems a little riskier than just the punter holding it and kicking it.

As for the thought there'd be a rule against it.... is there any rule in any sport where you're not allowed to score 'because it's intentional'? It's just usually not worth much. If you get downfield, getting the single is a bit of a let down. It only really matters at the very end of a very close game whether to go for the single or go for something else.

And, it's legal to punt the ball in American Football from anywhere on the field as well. It's just in American rules, you're conceding possession. You can't recover it unless it's a muff or fumble by the return team. In Canadian rules, they MUST recover it. Or anyone who was behind the punter when it was kicked is free to recover the ball. Though, they do give quite a bit more room for the halo than American rules

2 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Thanks all for the answers. Much appreciated. 

Back on topic... the league is still a mess aesthetically. 

A huge mess...templates everywhere!  I wouldn't mind the Lions jerseys (home and away) so much if the nameplates didn't extend out to the colours on the shoulders.  Shorter surnames are ok, but the longer ones really throw things off.

I can haz sig?

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Watching the BC-Toronto game and I just realized the Argos helmet stripe goes outward a bit on the back of the helmet.

They look much like the Buffalo Bills' helmet stripe. Nevertheless, I really like them. Much nicer looking than the Lions' old high school-looking white helmets. 

I love the Argos' monochrome white look, but I despise the inconsistencies between their home and road helmets. If you insist on having two helmets, then fine -- but, at the very least, add a stripe to the blue one and make the decals larger.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

3 minutes ago, BigBubba said:

I love the Argos' monochrome white look, but I despise the inconsistencies between their home and road helmets. If you insist on having two helmets, then fine -- but, at the very least, add a stripe to the blue one and make the decals larger.

It is more of a primary blue/alt white i think, but they should do as you say to the blue and make it the primary .

lm starting to really hate stripeless helmets  

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Has anybody had a chance to buy a new Adidas CFL jersey? I got a BC Lions one recently, and here's my thoughts:
The fabric is the same as the previous Reebok jerseys (pretty much par for the course as it was merely Reebok is owned by Adidas, and that the change was merely in name, despite the uniform overhauls most CFL teams underwent this year); the 'Lions' wordmark on the chest is embroidered, and the BC Lions logo on the lower rear of the jersey (ugh) is made from the same material (screened/sewn-on, I can't come up with a good way to phrase that kind of construction). It fits me nicely. :)

UBwef0L.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Montreal's collegiate Oregon Ducks-inspired third jersey has made a comeback. And Hamilton's uber plain all white uniform is a joke. God damnit, what the hell is the CFL's problem? Also, the Eskimo's away jersey is way too plain. Jeez, all they needed was a white version of the green jersey they had last year, while slightly cleaning up the striping and the collar. As for the tapered stripes.... why... just why? So bad.

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Montreal's collegiate Oregon Ducks-inspired third jersey has made a comeback. And Hamilton's uber plain all white uniform is a joke. God damnit, what the hell is the CFL's problem? Also, the Eskimo's away jersey is way too plain. Jeez, all they needed was a white version of the green jersey they had last year, while slightly cleaning up the striping and the collar. As for the tapered stripes.... why... just why? So bad.

Well lets hope Ottawa brings back the lumber jack uniform

zyyMk1d.png

20 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

The CFL uniforms aren't perfect, but jesus dude... you're taking it a little too much to heart.

On 7/15/2016 at 8:17 AM, BJ Sands said:

Why did Hamilton dump the pants stripes?

At first, I thought it was because they didn't want the truncated stripes that Edmonton and Toronto got. But after watching the Lions v Riders game, I saw that the Riders have stripes that go all the way down! 

CniRqG1WYAAP5Wz.jpg

So why couldn't Adidas do that for Toronto, Edmonton, and Hamilton?? It's the little things that make me miss the Reebok uniforms.. Like the Roughriders' retros from last year were better; more stripes and more authenticity.

I do have to say though, I like this uniform match-up. Orangewhites vs Greenwhites, almost no black to be found.

10 hours ago, DNAsports said:

The CFL uniforms aren't perfect, but jesus dude... you're taking it a little too much to heart.

I can see how you interpreted it as such. I overreacted more for humour's sake to be completely honest. I got to ask you this though, how can you not agree with me about the changes Adidas has made to the uniforms? G-Tron just mentioned the truncated stripes, which are a head scratcher and a half, and for whatever reason - Saskatchewan's decision to remove the extra stripes on the arms of their throwback jersey. I just don't understand why things like that would be approved. The cutoff stripes are awful, and I still can't believe that Hamilton took two really nice uniforms and ruined them both. 

Archived