2016 CFL Uniforms

docrocket

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Ottawa in black and Calgary in white looks like a team scrimmage instead of the Grey Cup. Just horrible to have 3 teams wearing the same uniform design in a pro league.

The league has 9 teams... you'd think they could have easily avoided two red, black, and white teams

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first Reebok "redesign" and the latest Adidas "redesign" both vomited templates onto everyone. The only league-wide uniform update that allowed the teams a hint of originality was the second Reebok effort, when the Ti-Cats and Argos both first unveiled the looks the recent Adidas redesign tweaked.

As I said at the start of the season, the lack of TV numbers on the Ottawa and Calgary jerseys (also Edmonton and Saskatchewan) just bugs me. The jerseys feel incomplete, and on top of that, from a TV production standpoint, don't help the spotters at all.

UBwef0L.png

2 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

Especially when the easiest way to do that is to make the Stampeders look like... the Stampeders.

Right. 

I don't have any problem with multiple teams having the same colours.  I have a big problem with both teams having such ugly uniforms.

It's especially a shame with Calgary, because they used to look so clean.

Doug-Flutie-Calgary-Stampeders-1992-20.jpg 

98801-10124236Fr.jpg

Toronto and Edmonton maintain dignified looks with the current uniform template; and and B.C. looks decent on the road.  So there is no excuse for these Calgary and Ottawa disasters.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 10/2/2016 at 4:18 PM, Chewbacca said:

Last night, the BC Lions wore their road uniform at home against Ottawa, which is something BC never does at home. I must say, their road uniform is far better than their home one. For whatever reason the RedBlacks always wear their home uniform on the road in BC. 

Frankly not a big fan of either of BC's new uniforms. They replaced such a classic look.

Calgary has now lost two Grey Cups wearing those awful black helmets (2012 and 2016). I really hope they ditch them now. The away uniform would look salvageable with the red helmet and white socks. It would also lend to a better-looking matchup, similar to what the teams wore in 2015.

1297729258277_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

On 11/28/2016 at 8:53 AM, bosrs1 said:

Frankly not a big fan of either of BC's new uniforms. They replaced such a classic look.

Their old uniforms were definitely better. I would have liked to have seen them just make the numbers on their orange jersey black and add some stripes on the arms of both jerseys. 

On 11/28/2016 at 6:41 PM, G-tron said:

Calgary has now lost two Grey Cups wearing those awful black helmets (2012 and 2016). I really hope they ditch them now. The away uniform would look salvageable with the red helmet and white socks. It would also lend to a better-looking matchup, similar to what the teams wore in 2015.

1297729258277_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

I wish Ottawa would have just left their home uniform from last season alone. At least it was original, unlike their way too similar to Calgary look they just won the Grey Cup in the other night. I actually thought it was a decent uniform, and the nameplates were the right size, where now, they are too small.

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

Their old uniforms were definitely better. I would have liked to have seen them just make the numbers on their orange jersey black and add some stripes on the arms of both jerseys. 

Black numbers with a white border...with the current black helmet. Just make the orange a solid shade and make the mountain lion's head more level. 

On 11/29/2016 at 2:40 AM, JQK said:

To be fair, it's a better logo...

I have to disagree with you on this one.

That logo is a wordmark with a football & a maple leaf. For a team playing in the Canadian Football League this would be redundant. 

The current logo is an excellent modernization of the classic Rough Riders' helmet logo, and the buzzsaw is a great nod to the lumberjack branding the team has come to be known for.

21 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Black numbers with a white border...with the current black helmet. Just make the orange a solid shade and make the mountain lion's head more level. 

I would take their black helmet and just put their main logo back on it. I don't like what they did with it at all. 

17 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I would take their black helmet and just put their main logo back on it. I don't like what they did with it at all. 

I do like the main logo too. However, with an animal for a team name, it does make sense to have the animal face the same direction as the player wearing the helmet. I would take the current helmet logo any day over the yawning mountain lion from the 70's, though. 

Archived