2016 CFL Uniforms

docrocket

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On April 21, 2016 at 6:22 PM, bkknight95 said:

Don't know if this will qualify as unpopular but I like the black lines on the football. 

I completely agree with you actually. Looks a lot better.

Ive only ever played football with a Canadian sized ball, those painted white lines always become slippery no matter what 

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cfl-55-yard-line/bo-levi-mitchell-takes-photo-of-cfl-ball-prototypes--but-they-re-not-coming-soon-181036063.html - Regarding the black-striped balls: They're merely prototypes, according to this blog entry from Yahoo Canada Sports's CFL blog, The 55 Yard Line. No changes will be made to the game balls themselves at this time.

UBwef0L.png

2 hours ago, BigBubba said:

According to the motherboard, the TiCats' new uniforms "got a little bit more swagger" to them. This is reeeal promising. :rolleyes:

I mean, it was going to be hard no matter what to improve upon the Ticats look, but this would pretty much guarantee they're going to be terrible. Saying a jersey has more "swagger" just reeks of grasping at straws.

I took a shot on what i'd like to see for the Argos, based on the teaser image ( I'm sure it will be completely different ). But I did this concept a while ago ( in spoiler below to see ). Now seeing that they are bringing a light blue outline to the jerseys, I touched my concept up a bit based on what I see. I know there is no stripe down the middle but, it would be nice if they went something similar to this ( but that's just me ).

Spoiler

football_argos3.png

4kv29i.jpg

Looks like black helmets for BC? Yikes.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

30 minutes ago, M4One said:

Black helmets for the Lions is fine since it's part of their history, though I'd prefer they stick with a white helmet.  The question is will they stick the primary on the helmet or use the paw logo?

They appear to use the primary on the helmet in the video

zzPEfBm.png

Archived