2016 CFL Uniforms

docrocket

2 hours ago, Dante_X said:

Alouettes teaser:

13091942_10153706049736379_5793008333183

First thought: Avalanche. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Nook said:

Hoping to see more sneak peaks. Kind of disappointed there hasn't been many yet.

I'm actually ok with this to be honest. I remember a year or two ago, I think it was the Carolina Hurricanes, put out a bunch of teasers leading up to their reveal. It was ridiculous.

10 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Bets on if adidas will force three stripes?

On practice gear and sideline stuff? Absolutely. And they'll try sneaking it into Signature Series looks too. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

From the Calgary Stampeders' Facebook page:

13147588_10153847646759191_6195187023894181537_o.jpg

Looks to me like: horse on the sleeve, black cuff and not much decoration on the shoulders. But I think you can also see a circus point on the number, like the numbers on their black showcase alt from the past couple of years. If so ... :wub: (dance):boogie:

3 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Looks to me like: horse on the sleeve, black cuff and not much decoration on the shoulders. But I think you can also see a circus point on the number, like the numbers on their black showcase alt from the past couple of years. If so ... :wub: (dance):boogie:

That looks pretty much the same as the old home, just with the new numbers which are a huge upgrade over whatever the heck the old number fonts are.

I just hope there's less black in the entire set and they drop the black away helmet.

IEI5Tg1.png

5 hours ago, officeglenn said:

Uggh. I so want Calgary to go back to being a red and silver team with black trim. 

This red and black scheme is just so uninspired.

On May 2, 2016 at 4:28 PM, guest23 said:

from the looks of the teasers looks like adidas is keeping the old tried and true jersey construction that Ripon has been using with adi/rbk for what seems like going on a couple decades...not single shock web to be seen which may indicate that they farmed out this work to a Ripon or someone else?..pure speculation on my part but it seems odd.

Adidas makes more than one type of jersey.. Most of them are more traditional mesh 

Their proprietary flagship uniform is shock web/techfit which they consistently promote for their top ncaa programs (with a few exceptions), the traditional mesh tends to be a distant secondary choice and is not proprietary. If this was an important sponsorship to promote a league wide redesign and the adidas brand, I would assume they would outfit the league in their top of the line uniform.

techfit (no pattern, tight, form-fitting) is their proprietary style for sure, and has had updates to the template over the past several years.. shockweb was the 2014 variation of techfit, which was offered as "techfit shockweb", although regular techfit was still available.. this year, they came out with techfit primeknit, which has another template pattern and different "web" (tire tread) pattern.. they release new styles and templates nearly as often as nike, but the way they market/release them doesn't get the same attention as nike's "pro combat" to "speed machine" to "vapor untouchable" transistions (or whatever the order was..)... but none of those uniforms were offered as "customizable".. they were sold as stock uniforms, and the only options were in the applications (number color, number finish, text/number fonts, logos, printed sleeve stripe options).. there were no panels, shoulder caps, yokes, cuffs, or anything else that could be customized and made to be unique.. adidas got away with pushing this because most of its flagship programs were/are pretty traditional looking teams, and had very few unique design elements.. even when they did, it wasn't anything special (Miss. State and Tex. A&M's vertical shoulder stripes were ONLY offered to those schools, and were simply inserts stitched into the awkward yoke/sleeve of the techfit template.. techfit was a cashgrab for adidas.. almost ZERO custom work to be done, and the ability to market/sell this "cutting edge proprietary technology" in a stock product is as simplistic, cheap, and lazy as it gets, and they rode that train as far as it would take them..

their new shocklite uniforms are fully sublimated (i believe), and offer MUCH more in terms of custom design options (sleeve stripes, panel colors, cuffs/collars, etc).. it's a more traditional cut and uses more traditional materials for construction (or at least appears to be more traditional -- a standard looking mesh with stretch fabric panels).. nike still customizes with panels and inserts and applies their numbers and text to the jerseys post-production, so i think this is adidas's attempt to beat them to the punch - by offering sublimated technology, which nike isn't doing yet (yes, they sublimate their twill and then apply that to the jersey sometimes, but the numbers aren't sublimated onto the jersey itself).. it's definitely a step in the right direction for adidas, as it will provide more traditional looking uniforms, but it also opens the door for some ridiculous designs and it will lag behind nike until it goes back to offering the "real thing", in twill/embroidered embellishments, and quits trying to get cute with everything.

3 hours ago, Nook said:

Also looks like the "Redblacks" is possibly on the shoulder of the jersey? Looks like it's over an advertising patch.

Under CP advertising so the wordmark is under the front collar. See the Bombers photo for reference. 

46 minutes ago, Jarred Revolver said:

Under CP advertising so the wordmark is under the front collar. See the Bombers photo for reference. 

Ah you're right.

Ads are more centred than I thought.

Archived