2016 CFL Uniforms

docrocket

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Danny said:

Current jersey for comparison:

5eaC0W6.jpg

If Hamilton has zero changes that would be awesome. Apparently the new league logo is growing on me though I'd still prefer the older helmet logo. Toronto looks like they are staying with their current gear from last year as well.  I'll be interested to see what changes Montréal have made too. Possibly blue shoulders and sleeves? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Excellent news that the Argos and Ti-Cats are remaining largely untouched. Toronto still doesn't have a helmet stripe, and Hamilton's chest word mark looks too big, but it looks like both teams will still be looking sharp this year.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Overall this is shaping up to be really nice. Most teams are staying very similar, with some teams getting some much needed improvements (Sask and Calgary). BC appears to be the biggest departure.

I'm really starting to like how the new league logo looks on the jerseys. I know with how the previous version was, the points of the leaf started to separate from the fabric on my Lions jersey not long after I got it. That definitely won't be an issue with the new league crest.

8prlQWA.png

10 hours ago, Danny said:

Current jersey for comparison:

5eaC0W6.jpg

Other than that, there do not appear to be – from this grainy image, anyway – significant changes to the jersey. Still the basic Black and Gold colour scheme with the three stripes on the sleeve.

Except that the new jerseys clearly show FOUR stripes on the sleeves, not three.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Agreed on most of the comments above.

I really wished the Argos added a helmet stripe but I'll accept that they don't with the thought that the look remains unchanged.

Similar sentiments on the Ti-Cats. The 4th sleeve stripe seems kind of pointless to add but if that's the only change, fine.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

5 minutes ago, mr.negative15 said:

Agreed on most of the comments above.

I really wished the Argos added a helmet stripe but I'll accept that they don't with the thought that the look remains unchanged.

Similar sentiments on the Ti-Cats. The 4th sleeve stripe seems kind of pointless to add but if that's the only change, fine.

Is that 4th stripe closer to older designs?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Is that 4th stripe closer to older designs?

Good point. 

I did a google image search and It seems that they had 4 stripes last year too.

This picture is from last season when the Ti-cats retired Anthony Mosca's number. Maybe there was only 3 stripes on the QB jerseys? 

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/video/article26106875.ece/ALTERNATES/w620/Video:+Tiger-Cats+to+retire+No.+68+jersey+of+CFL+legend+Angelo+Mosca

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

4 minutes ago, sleuthpanther said:

Just noticed on the Montreal Jersey the league logo appears to be initials in French? If that's something they've been doing for longer and I just haven't noticed, that's still awesome.

They did it before

940-alouettes-win.jpg

4 minutes ago, GeauxColonels said:

I want to know why the pic of Ottawa's helmet has the French version of the logo. Have THEY done that before?

As far as I can remember, the black helmet says "RedBlacks" on the front, and the white says "Rouge et Noir" so they may be doing that again, just reversed? 

2 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

Good point. 

I did a google image search and It seems that they had 4 stripes last year too.

This picture is from last season when the Ti-cats retired Anthony Mosca's number. Maybe there was only 3 stripes on the QB jerseys? 

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/video/article26106875.ece/ALTERNATES/w620/Video:+Tiger-Cats+to+retire+No.+68+jersey+of+CFL+legend+Angelo+Mosca

Yeah you are right. I googled different Ti-Cats as well and the only two with three stripes were Collaros and his backup.

1 hour ago, philcar1994 said:

As far as I can remember, the black helmet says "RedBlacks" on the front, and the white says "Rouge et Noir" so they may be doing that again, just reversed? 

1 hour ago, Dante_X said:

yup

hi-res-a84fbcd93504ee8b254ee61a68d2c971_

OK, I DO remember the "Rouge et Noir" thing when they released their identity....never realized that they had the French version of the league logo on the helmets. I forget the geography of Canada sometimes and my mind places Ottawa further west than it truly is. I'm assuming that since they're just across the river from the province of Quebec that they have a significant French-speaking population in the city and among their fans.

gYH2mW9.png

2 hours ago, GeauxColonels said:

OK, I DO remember the "Rouge et Noir" thing when they released their identity....never realized that they had the French version of the league logo on the helmets. I forget the geography of Canada sometimes and my mind places Ottawa further west than it truly is. I'm assuming that since they're just across the river from the province of Quebec that they have a significant French-speaking population in the city and among their fans.

Ottawa is officially bilingual. 

Archived