Jump to content

2016 CFL Uniforms


docrocket
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Danny said:

Current jersey for comparison:

 

5eaC0W6.jpg

If Hamilton has zero changes that would be awesome. Apparently the new league logo is growing on me though I'd still prefer the older helmet logo. Toronto looks like they are staying with their current gear from last year as well.  I'll be interested to see what changes Montréal have made too. Possibly blue shoulders and sleeves? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Excellent news that the Argos and Ti-Cats are remaining largely untouched. Toronto still doesn't have a helmet stripe, and Hamilton's chest word mark looks too big, but it looks like both teams will still be looking sharp this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Overall this is shaping up to be really nice. Most teams are staying very similar, with some teams getting some much needed improvements (Sask and Calgary). BC appears to be the biggest departure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm really starting to like how the new league logo looks on the jerseys. I know with how the previous version was, the points of the leaf started to separate from the fabric on my Lions jersey not long after I got it. That definitely won't be an issue with the new league crest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Danny said:

Current jersey for comparison:

 

5eaC0W6.jpg



 

Quote

Other than that, there do not appear to be – from this grainy image, anyway – significant changes to the jersey. Still the basic Black and Gold colour scheme with the three stripes on the sleeve.


Except that the new jerseys clearly show FOUR stripes on the sleeves, not three.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agreed on most of the comments above.

 

I really wished the Argos added a helmet stripe but I'll accept that they don't with the thought that the look remains unchanged.

 

Similar sentiments on the Ti-Cats. The 4th sleeve stripe seems kind of pointless to add but if that's the only change, fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mr.negative15 said:

Agreed on most of the comments above.

 

I really wished the Argos added a helmet stripe but I'll accept that they don't with the thought that the look remains unchanged.

 

Similar sentiments on the Ti-Cats. The 4th sleeve stripe seems kind of pointless to add but if that's the only change, fine.

Is that 4th stripe closer to older designs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Is that 4th stripe closer to older designs?

Good point. 

I did a google image search and It seems that they had 4 stripes last year too.

This picture is from last season when the Ti-cats retired Anthony Mosca's number. Maybe there was only 3 stripes on the QB jerseys? 

 

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/video/article26106875.ece/ALTERNATES/w620/Video:+Tiger-Cats+to+retire+No.+68+jersey+of+CFL+legend+Angelo+Mosca

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, sleuthpanther said:

Just noticed on the Montreal Jersey the league logo appears to be initials in French? If that's something they've been doing for longer and I just haven't noticed, that's still awesome.

 

They did it before

 

940-alouettes-win.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, GeauxColonels said:

I want to know why the pic of Ottawa's helmet has the French version of the logo. Have THEY done that before?

 

As far as I can remember, the black helmet says "RedBlacks" on the front, and the white says "Rouge et Noir" so they may be doing that again, just reversed? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

Good point. 

I did a google image search and It seems that they had 4 stripes last year too.

This picture is from last season when the Ti-cats retired Anthony Mosca's number. Maybe there was only 3 stripes on the QB jerseys? 

 

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/video/article26106875.ece/ALTERNATES/w620/Video:+Tiger-Cats+to+retire+No.+68+jersey+of+CFL+legend+Angelo+Mosca

 

 

 

Yeah you are right. I googled different Ti-Cats as well and the only two with three stripes were Collaros and his backup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, philcar1994 said:

 

As far as I can remember, the black helmet says "RedBlacks" on the front, and the white says "Rouge et Noir" so they may be doing that again, just reversed? 

 

1 hour ago, Dante_X said:

yup

 

hi-res-a84fbcd93504ee8b254ee61a68d2c971_

 

OK, I DO remember the "Rouge et Noir" thing when they released their identity....never realized that they had the French version of the league logo on the helmets. I forget the geography of Canada sometimes and my mind places Ottawa further west than it truly is. I'm assuming that since they're just across the river from the province of Quebec that they have a significant French-speaking population in the city and among their fans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GeauxColonels said:

 

 

OK, I DO remember the "Rouge et Noir" thing when they released their identity....never realized that they had the French version of the league logo on the helmets. I forget the geography of Canada sometimes and my mind places Ottawa further west than it truly is. I'm assuming that since they're just across the river from the province of Quebec that they have a significant French-speaking population in the city and among their fans.

Ottawa is officially bilingual. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.