NFL: Swords Not Thumbtacks | Tennessee Titans Redesign

SplashBoogie

tumblr_o4kixtZgDA1ufhi8uo1_1280.png

The new primary logo is a cleaned up and sleeker version of the Titans current (?) alt logo. The flaming thumbtack is gone and the shield is completely inspired by the Tennessee State Flag. You'll hear that again shortly.
tumblr_o4kixtZgDA1ufhi8uo5_1280.png
The Script logo repeats the three stars from the State Flag. Navy blue is the dominate color with Titans Blue fulfilling a secondary mark.
tumblr_o4kixtZgDA1ufhi8uo3_1280.png
The Secondary logo is the Shield from the State Flag and would likely go at midfield rather than the primary. I was tempted to put this on the helmet.
tumblr_o4kixtZgDA1ufhi8uo4_1280.png
The Tetriary mark is more of the Social Media mark as the Primary logo is more long than it is wide so a more square image would have a better presence.  The social media logo originally had slightly different coloration from the primary (solid Titan Blue hilt)
tumblr_o4kixtZgDA1ufhi8uo2_1280.png
The helmet changes from White to Silver for a more gladiator look while the Primary Logo features on the side. The helmet striping is Navy-White-Navy
tumblr_o4kixtZgDA1ufhi8uo6_1280.png
tumblr_o4kixtZgDA1ufhi8uo7_1280.png
Continuing the theme of referencing the State Flag, in addition to cleaning up the uniform tops, the unbalanced striping of the State Flag is reflected on the pant striping. As is standard for the NFL these days mix matching Jerseys/Pants is of course an option.
tumblr_o4kixtZgDA1ufhi8uo8_1280.png
But the flag references don't stop as I turn the entire tops into the flag pattern. Originally the pants were red too but I thought that was entirely too much and navy pants reminded me too much of the Texans.

Here's my concept so C+C away!

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

looking again, red/white/red stripes on a white helmet and a red/white cage could look good. The grey helmet seems very forced.

Seems like too many colors in this palette IMO. I would just replace all the powder blue with red. It'd make this set so much cleaner.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

6 hours ago, worcat said:

looking again, red/white/red stripes on a white helmet and a red/white cage could look good. The grey helmet seems very forced.

Seems like too many colors in this palette IMO. I would just replace all the powder blue with red. It'd make this set so much cleaner.

Navy, red, and white is already so overplayed I would keep the powder blue. 

I'd actually get rid of the red aside from accents. The big red stripe on the pants is a bit jarring to me.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The sword on the logos needs work. To me it looks more like a necktie than a sword. In cleaning up the secondary logo, you made it too flat.

The handle and the blade of the sword of the original secondary worked with each other. Your logo, the angle of the sword does not feel right with the lack of an angle on the handle. The hilt feels blank and the shortness of the handle gives the impression that the sword is underneath the hilt rather than the hilt being a part of the sword and my mind thought necktie rather than sword when I first looked at your primary logo. The angle on the social media logo and helmet migrates that somewhat but the sword needs some work.

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_minor_by_verasthebrujah-dbd786h.jpg.04fb6ee08e3d6de5abf371b4fd8bf0bf.jpgmiami_suns_sig_by_verasthebrujah-da7emd5.jpg

None of the fonts are working with the modern, more simple logo. Change the wordmark and the nameplate font. It doesn't go with the rest of the set, and maybe lean away from the large numbers. I know this is a concept and so it's easy to forget the size of how big a name or number is, but they simply look too big.

8 hours ago, worcat said:

dallas cowboys want their helmet back

Thank you Worcat I get you don't like the silver helmet. No need to be rude and repeat yourself three times.

So color balance, helmet color and logo work is what I'm seeing. I'll do some tweaks and have something up by the end of the day. I'm not quite ready to give up on the silver helmet just yet so I'm going to fix the other two to see if that helps things and we're not just keeping white helmets to stay stuck to what's familiar and safe.

Shrinking numbers is noted and doable. 

Color palette is kind of the crossroads. My theme is drawing from the flag which would mean more red and an elimination of blue. However the issues there are being a RWB team distinguished from the current ones. One way could be to make the primary color red, but I think that'd be too jarring of a change for the franchise. The striping itself could make it unique... Also as a heart thing the powder blue connection to the Oilers, I don't feel great about getting rid of that completely. But otherwise I am juggling five colors and that'll be rough. Anyways that's the mindset while I work on the edits.

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

The sword looks better than it did. Try bringing the point of the sword further down. The point should be at least 90 deg or greater. Right now the point of the sword looks like it is around 75 degrees.

Plus it would probably look better if the outline thins as it approaches the tip of the sword.

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_minor_by_verasthebrujah-dbd786h.jpg.04fb6ee08e3d6de5abf371b4fd8bf0bf.jpgmiami_suns_sig_by_verasthebrujah-da7emd5.jpg

Archived