LAWeaver

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the Sharks and Flyers concepts. Not a fan of the Penguins, but that's more because I dislike their current look in general, but because of anything you did. Maybe add more Vegas Gold. The Blues looks good, but I think you should flip the blues on the helmet. Use the darker as the stripe and the lighter blue as the primary color. I'm not huge fan of the numbers on the helmet but I get why you did that. 

Blues: KittSmith_95 he already said the note wouldn't look good flipped but he has it on the other side

Sharks: 10/10

Pens: Great

Flyers: how about reversing the white and black in the flyers logo and just outlining the yoke and pant stripe in black

2 hours ago, TVIXX said:

Blues: KittSmith_95 he already said the note wouldn't look good flipped but he has it on the other side

Sharks: 10/10

Pens: Great

Flyers: how about reversing the white and black in the flyers logo and just outlining the yoke and pant stripe in black

I didn't ask for the note, I asked for the trumpet logo. You know, the shoulder patch from the 90's sets? 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

On Monday, April 11, 2016 at 5:23 PM, timberwolf said:

The Sharks one is a piece of gold. Don't touch that thing ever again. Excellent work!

22 hours ago, MontyK17 said:

The Sleeve cap on the Sharks is stunning!

Agreed

Flyers: My only complaint is that the yoke should be black on the home.

Pens: I wish that the throwback gold had been used, but the general idea is great.

Sharks: I had originally hoped that you'd stray away from orange, but you made it work very very well.

Blues: Solid set, but where's the note logo?

I can't promise anything, but IF i get to them, older teams will appear later, although i want to get through the main teams and their alternate sets as well.

Let me respond to the rest of the C&C in one fowl swoop:

- where's the Blues music note logo? Seriously? I write these descriptions for a reason. Ya may wanna reread the post.

- I've tried updating Philly with a yoke stroke ( hehe that's funny) but it wasn't coming out right. A black yoke just doesn't make any sense.

- Y'all like naked helmets don't ya? ;) I may make SJ's helmets a bit metallic, though the inconsistency between the three pieces would kill me.

- Pittsburgh will be receiving an update that I think a lot of you are gonna love. It's a small change but it'll get the job done.

I'm not sure when these will be posted. I've got brochures and a poster due to the printer Thurs, an interview w/ my University's President Monday, and I need to prep for a commercial shoot for a class project on Tuesday. Needless to say, I'll be busy this week and for weeks to come. I'll finish the main portion of this series, but alternate uniforms and older teams ARE NOT GUARANTEED. 

I hope that you all are able to understand. In the meantime, keep that good old C&C coming!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

22 minutes ago, mr.nascar13 said:

I can't promise anything, but IF i get to them, older teams will appear later, although i want to get through the main teams and their alternate sets as well.

Let me respond to the rest of the C&C in one fowl swoop:

- where's the Blues music note logo? Seriously? I write these descriptions for a reason. Ya may wanna reread the post.

- I've tried updating Philly with a yoke stroke ( hehe that's funny) but it wasn't coming out right. A black yoke just doesn't make any sense.

- Y'all like naked helmets don't ya? ;) I may make SJ's helmets a bit metallic, though the inconsistency between the three pieces would kill me.

- Pittsburgh will be receiving an update that I think a lot of you are gonna love. It's a small change but it'll get the job done.

I'm not sure when these will be posted. I've got brochures and a poster due to the printer Thurs, an interview w/ my University's President Monday, and I need to prep for a commercial shoot for a class project on Tuesday. Needless to say, I'll be busy this week and for weeks to come. I'll finish the main portion of this series, but alternate uniforms and older teams ARE NOT GUARANTEED. 

I hope that you all are able to understand. In the meantime, keep that good old C&C coming!

I understand. I just was curious if you would do them because I've seen other NHL crossover sports uniforms on here and some do the defunct teams.

0JZafhY.gif7YcM9pl.gif

qsNLfmj.gifbIW6GIL.gif

UPDATES:

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS:

epgilpa.png

aBKlAb2.png

The stripes weren't working on the yokes, so the only change is the helmet and pants striping, though I may revert back to make the entire package consistent. 

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS:

nQcNYdC.png

i65RmCO.png

4eCdDxo.png

Yeah, I caved and changed from vegas gold to athletic gold. I thickened the outlines a tad on the slanted striping.

I was able to change the colors as Boston is more yellow-heavy.

SAN JOSE SHARKS:

31nct6v.png

SrgudUp.png

Simply removed the helmet stripe and made the helmet a little bit metallic.

ST. LOUIS BLUES:

lsyokwN.png

MG1CmTY.png

Emphasized the royal blue over the navy and ran with the trumpet rather than the music note. 

New teams will come... Wednesday. I'm busy Monday & Tuesday and I need to reconsider the Panthers. To be honest, their entire uniform history - past, present, or future - doesn't translate well to a football uniform. Nor does it give me something I haven't already shown you guys a bajillion times already.

I may need to create something entirely new just for them. It may cause them to be pushed back again, but they will eventually be posted.

I'd rather post something I'm confident in rather than a rushed piece of crap.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Flyers- The little extra black makes me think of the alts they currently wear, and overall I dig the update.

Pens- I preferred the Vegas Gold, but this looks fine too. makes me think of a WBS Pens concept I saw on Icethetics.

Sharks- I like plain helmets, yes.... and this set is now gorgeous. 

Blues- I really like the Trumpet, and I knew it was the right route. It looks different, but still gives in a good tie to the team's name.

• 2 weeks later...

I have returned! The Panthers logo leak inspired me to return much sooner than I had originally anticipated.

I knew I would be back eventually, but I was going to wait until after my finals were complete on Tuesday. 

----------

FLORIDA PANTHERS:

QDRRit1.png

OkRiXHM.png

Bnm5aNo.png

I decided to trace the leaked image myself while adding a rotated version so that the panther will always be looking forward. 

I didn't think the rumors about the potential new uniforms made for a good uniform, so this is loosely based on the current set with the newer logo.

I've used several variations of this look, but I'm not 100% sure about it. Let me know what you guys think.

Potential Alternate: Probably Navy.

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING:

MhcMWip.png

a5ibrDC.png

Tried my best to keep this from looking like a Red Wings-Maple Leafs love child like the real team.

Lightning bolts is, obviously, the theme of the set, as it should be. Lightning bolt shoulder loops and lightning bolt pants reinforce that idea.

In simplest terms, it's a basic version of the San Diego Chargers without the multiple colors or outlines. 

Potential Alternate: 90's Rain alternate. 

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS:

w91zhWD.png

tx3pRIB.png

Not much to say here. Simply used a classic striping pattern and paired it with their alternate font and new primary logo.

Potential Alternate: St. Pats Throwback.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS:

tSQENAt.png

xO7K6d0.png

flonXvY.png

Modified the logo to include green while eliminating the silver & black in the process. 

The jersey striping and the font transition over to football pretty well.

WASHINGTON CAPITALS:

x3HefFX.png

bJ5ea7b.png

xRn5CcP.png

What happens when you combine every uniform era of Capitals hockey and put them onto a football uniform?

...This. You get this.

The helmet wings and logo come from the late 90's slate blue & bronze era, the pants stars from the original sets, and the color from the current set.

WINNIPEG JETS:

aIslP3Q.png

gzZHJnb.png

I originally had a white helmet, but decided to go with the metallic silver instead. I've got enough white helmets and the silver looked much better. 

Not much to say about this set other than that The striping translates onto a football uniform pretty well, sorta like the Dallas Cowboys' striping.

Hope you liked the bonus three teams of Vancouver, Washington, and Winnipeg. Phase Two will begin Tuesday night!

I think this probably was your best group of teams yet. 

Florida-I really like their new logo (even if it is a Jaguars rip off) and I think your set works perfectly for them, though I am sort of interested in what you were planning prior to the logo release. 

Bolts-Really like the pants. The jerseys are fine, though I think the numbers are a little bit plain. Maybe add an outline to it. Also, the helmet itself is fine, but I wonder what a chrome blue helmet would look like for them. Or a white matte helmet with chrome blue decals (even though you have quite a few teams with white helmets).

Leafs-Good. Clean. Maybe add the maple leaf logo to their collar, but that's about it. 

Canucks-Nailed It

Jets-Love the silver helmet. It really works for them. I really hope you do a throwback for the Jets., or a fauxback with the current logo and old colors. 

Capitals-Easily my favorite set of this series. The helmet is great, jerseys look really clean, and the pants are phenomenal. The only suggestion that I could make: A red (or blue, but I think red would look better) pants option so that they don't go storm trooper look every road game. I'm really interested on if you decide to do an alternate for them because their Winter Classic/Throwback jerseys are excellent and I think you could do quite a bit with that. 

Wow -- where to start! I love this series -- I always thought the NHL uniforms and nicknames lend themselves well to football. I have a concept/personal football league of my own (actually dating back more than 30 years to my own junior high school doodling) that borrowed some ideas from the NHL.

Best thing I can do is work my way backwards...

Jets -- I like the idea with the silver helmets. Very cool, polished look!

Capitals -- I'm not a huge fan of this one, probably because of the stars on the pants -- but it is in keeping with the Caps' look. I think it's the wings; I would rather see the "screaming eagle" logo on the sides of the helmet, rather than wings only.

Canucks -- I'm not a fan of the Canucks' logo, but the colors are amazing! Absolutely beautiful. The helmet logo gets a little lost on the blue helmet, though -- maybe one more outline of white outside the green would make it pop?

Maple Leafs -- Overall a good look for a classic Original Six team, but I would love to see a more modern take on the logo.

Lightning -- WOW. Absolutely love it. I think the unis need a touch of silver-gray accents and trim, but the helmet is striking!

Panthers -- I think this look is just about perfect. Love the look with the new logo.

Blues -- I'm not a fan of the logo on the helmet -- I really think the music note is their best logo. Otherwise the uniforms look sharp.

Sharks -- Perfect. Don't touch them. One of my favorite sets.

Penguins -- Not much more you can do with the classic black and gold look. I actually do prefer the metallic/old gold look you did previous -- it does set the Pens apart from Boston.

Flyers -- The orange helmets just pop -- love them. Would love to see a black alternate jersey -- there may be too much orange there with orange helmets and jerseys (getting into Cleveland Browns-ish territory there).

Senators -- I'm not a huge fan of the metallic gold helmets here, but maybe because it's something I hadn't considered because I would've gone with black. I guess it's growing on me, though, because it works and it's different. I actually LIKE the patterned black stripe over the top of the helmet.

Rangers -- My Rangers with white helmets? Not a fan of that -- I'd go with blue myself. The overall look is Buffalo Bills-ish, but I love the numbers. They pop.

Islanders -- I would have gone with white helmets for the Islanders instead of the blue, but I like the NY and how the blue and orange work together. The orange pants remind me of the late '70s Denver Broncos.

Devils -- Again, I would have gone with red helmets, but the black really works with the red NJ logo, and I like the idea of the "devil's tail" at the back of the helmet. Not sure it works on the pant legs, but I'll keep looking at it and see if it grows on me. Such a sharp look overall! Love the red jerseys.

Predators -- Beautiful look, I can't recommend any changes. And this is from someone who doesn't like yellow/gold jerseys!

Canadiens -- Very classic look -- maybe add alternate dark blue pants? Nothing I can add here.

Kings -- Awesome. Nailed it with either color set. 

Wild -- Very nice set. Not sure I like the sleeve design, though.

Oilers -- Orange helmets? Again, not something I had thought of -- I would have gone with white, probably. Uniforms are dead-on Florida Gators though. Would Tim Tebow be the Oilers' QB?

Red Wings -- Beautiful set. Classic look, love the red helmet and the D logo.

Stars -- Not a fan of the black/white alternate stripes (maybe go without helmet stripes), but I love the green and black colors -- looks perfect on a football uniform. (my own concept league always had a green and black team, similar look to this)

Blue Jackets -- I like the colors, but not a fan of the boxy, almost digital numbers. Personally I prefer their star/Ohio flag logo over the cannon.

Hurricanes -- One of my favorite sets in this series -- love it! If the hockey team has silver-gray on its uniforms (I haven't seen it recently), that's fine, but I would go with black facemasks and do away with the silver pants. Other than that -- perfect. I like the warning flag stripe over the top of the helmet. (Side note: I actually had a Carolina Hurricanes football team in my concept league in the mid-1980s, about 10 years before the Whalers actually moved). .... Speaking of the Whalers -- any chance of a throwback green and blue Hartford Whalers set?

Blackhawks -- very interesting take with white helmets rather than black or red.

Avalanche -- Beautiful, another one of my favorite sets! Definitely looks like the Alouettes, but I really like the combination with the silver helmet. Excellent look.

Flames -- I like the flames on the black helmet. Overall, I love the look, very sharp. I would rather see a flaming C or the flaming horse head logo on the helmet, but that's just a minor thought -- the flames work.

Sabres -- I like the modern logo look, but I also like the idea of taking the classic Sabres logo and putting it on the navy blue helmet with the crossed sabres. I prefer the away white uniform to the home jerseys -- they look almost too dark. Maybe change the gray outline to white to make the numbers pop a little more.

Bruins -- Beautiful look overall.

Coyotes -- I would flip the colors on the helmet -- make it a metallic gold helmet with the same coyote head logo, rather than the brick red helmet, but keep the black facemask. Nice look overall.

Ducks -- I definitely like this look overall -- love the orange numbers on black with the white/black double-outline.

Fantastic series, great ideas all the way around.

22eb89183f6e207bcbce03d4e0b1474d.jpg

Florida- I love this set... could've seen a use of the triangle shoulders working here too from the 90's era, but this set looks sweet. I like your version of the new logo too.

Tampa- I wanna like it. I really do... but this feels too plain and not a fan of the arm striping. It needs a slight tweak and maybe a little bit of black? They do use black on the Home and Away jerseys IRL as well as that awful BOLTS alt.

Washington- I love it! This mixes every era, but it does it in a way that's beautiful!

Vancouver- You fixed the logo issues, and I like the set. I personally wouldn't mind seeing how the incorporated "V" striping looks on a football jersey though. An idea for an alt that would be fun is a Millionaires or Bure-based throwback.

Winnipeg- This set is very classy and I love the silver helmet. I also love the striping on the helmet here as well. I'd love a 90's throwback alt.... or a WHA inspired one?

I'd also like to see some classic teams as well. The Whalers would look beautiful as a Football team, IMO. As would the Thrashers, I bet. Overall, great work here. Can't wait to see the next big project either.

Archived