New Edy's/Dreyer's Ice Cream logo

Old:

Edys_ice_cream_logo.jpg.9af4653d1577e6a5DreyersLogo11.jpg.3600b39fe3e39a6537f658

New: 

hdr-logo-E-2016.png.e9fa26ef1dae93ffe42ehdr-logo-D-2016.png.5b35fc5e21c027a039c8

While the changes aren't drastic, they did catch my eye. Gone is the stick figure apostrophe and in is an ice cream cone as its replacement. The gradient brown border has been replaced by a solid gold border. The font has lost some weight and is a little less round. Lastly, "Scooping Since 1928" has been added to the bottom. Thoughts? Upgrade? Downgrade? Lateral move?

That typeface is a serious downgrade, and the yellow border should be the same color as the cone. All they needed to do with the old logo was replace the person with the cone, and heavily tone down or lose the gradient, and this would have been great. Instead it looks like a concept someone came up with in a few minutes. 

spacer.png

I wouldn't go so far as to call this a drastic downgrade.  It feels rushed and cheap, but doesn't wreck the brand.

All that wasted space left and right of Edy's gives me a headache, though.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived