72Freebie's CHL Redesign(Victoria Royals added 60/60 FINISHED)

72freebie

Next up we have the London Knights. I think that this team has the best logo in the OHL but they don't really put it to good use. they use a script on their home jerseys and they use the logo on a two color jersey for the road. this team has too good of a color scheme to only be using 2 colors on a jersey. I got rid of the cream altogether because I don't think it adds anything to the color scheme. I used a simple multi layered striping pattern similar to their current home and a unique shield shaped yoke. The third jersey is gold because I think that it would look cool and unique. I used a little wilder of a design here but I think it fits the shield logo better than simple striping would.

London Knights

London.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The White Jersey is great! But that green... I mean I get that it matches, but it's WAY to much white. Definitely lose the white shoulder yoke, and maybe the bottom white part on the green jersey. It really doesn't fit.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Next team up is the Mississauga Steelheads. The new logo is an improvement in my opinion. Too bad they didn't change the jerseys too. They kept their Leafs lookalikes and although they don't look bad, it isn't the most original thing in the world. This team could easily incorporate grey into their color scheme top make something original. I used simple striping with a little bit of curve to match the logo. I added little bit of grey but not too much. The third jersey uses their secondary logo and is a full grey. I like the looks of grey jerseys and I think that with the simple striping, this thing would be fairly sharp.

Mississauga Steelheads

Missausaga.thumb.png.850b9d9251091426fe2

also here is an update to London with no white at the bottom of the green jersey. i tried filling in the small line on the striping but I still prefer it the way it is.

London.thumb.png.1adc4763f93b01f3cb6e282

Much better for London. but I still think that the white shoulder yoke is too much. And Mississauga's white needs a little more Blue... But otherwise great job!

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Up next is the Niagara Ice Dogs. I am really not a fan of this teams logo. I have always hated logos with mascots as a player with skates, gloves and a jersey on an actual player wearing the same thing. I took the head from the dog because I still think that it is a strong enough primary mark on its own. I used a unique shoulder striping pattern to make them their own instead of them using Chicago Blackhawks jerseys like they currently do. The third jersey is a sort of mix between eras because it uses the Icedogs colors but uses the design and logo of the Niagara Falls Flyers who were the original team in Niagara in the OHL back in the 1970's.

Niagara Ice Dogs

Niagra.png

Next is the North Bay Battalion. I am a big fan of the teams current jerseys and I basically just made another design that I thought looks good on them. I used a yoke to cuff striping that cuts off in the middle for the military badge. I used more yellow than they currently do but I don't think it looks too bad. I also added a shoulder patch from the cap on the primary logo. The third jersey uses both the pattern and colors of the uniforms that the Canadian Military wear. I think that they are the only team that could pull something like this off.

North Bay Battalion

North Bay.png

The next team is the Oshawa Generals. I love this teams logo and jerseys for the most part. The only thing that I don't like is that the striping is all the same size but I know that they haven't made any jersey changes in a VERY long time. I thickened the middle stripes to balance the colors a little better. I also added yoke stripes similar to their jerseys from the 60's. The 3rd jersey is a simple fauxback type jersey that uses the G from their old bruins type logo and uses cream instead of white.

Oshawa Generals

Oshawa.png

Next up is the Ottawa 67's. This team is historical and has always used the classic Barber Pole stripes. I went with stripes based on the original Ottawa Senators from the early NHL days. This would pay tribute to the city's history and keep the 67's tradition. The third jersey an old script logo from the 60's that I think would look really good if they ever used it.

Ottawa 67's

Ottawa.png

Next up is the Owen Sound Attack. I really don't like what this team did with their latest re brand. The logo is just not fierce anymore and the jerseys are generic and boring. Their old jerseys and logo really fit the name much better and I can see why they wanted to modernize a bit but I felt that they still could have kept the sharp striping while keeping it modern. I tried to do this with my concept and I feel that it turned out very well. Firstly I brought back the old logo which I really love. I used some sharp wild striping on the arms and then just made it merge into a modern side panel design. The third jersey is pretty wild and uses a yellow jersey that the Attack have never used before. I have always liked gradients on hockey jerseys when they are subtle in the striping. I used a sharp fang like striping that has a red to yellow gradient in it. I like to think that this is like a bear tooth after it has killed its prey and it gets less and less red the higher up on the tooth.

Owen Sound Attack

Owen Sound.png

Archived