72Freebie's CHL Redesign(Victoria Royals added 60/60 FINISHED)

72freebie

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Eric Westhaver said:

I love what you're trying to do with that alt, but all I can think of when I see that is this:

4a554b417d74f5b7e8d0d31409f58512.jpg

Haha. right down to the double red stripes. Haven't seen that movie forever. I was originally going to use this logo. Would have made it have even more of a resemblance

3m4wy9nrcfg7r9qjfeymjrscq.gif

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it's been so long guys. I've been having a hard time getting these done right now as I am busy with school. Thankfully its over next week so I can get be back on track.

The next team up is the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada. This team uses the black and white color scheme for what it is. They use a simple logo and a very simple chest stripe design. It works well but it isn't anything revolutionary. I went with a design that is a little more out there but it could bring some more identity to the team. The third jersey is based on the flag of Boisbriand and features the coat of arms of Blainville on the shoulders. I think it would be a good way to represent both cities.

Blainville-Boisbriand Armada

Blainville-Broisbriand.png

• 4 weeks later...

Okay this next team is way overdue. I have been super busy with making my entries for the HJC open and a couple of other projects but I finally managed to get Cape Breton done. I like their current jerseys quite a bit, simple but effective. The logo is a bit outdated though. I thought I would try something different with a wing design. I made a cuff to yoke striping pattern with some  eagle wings coming out the sides. I think that it would give this team their own identity. The third jersey is another heritage jersey, this time using the logo and design from the Cape Breton Oilers who were an AHL team in the 90's. They even won the Calder Cup so I could see the Eagles honoring them in some way.

Cape Breton Screaming Eagles

Cape Breton.png

^ Wow. That is INCREDIBLE. This thread is criminally underviewed. All your designs are incredibly creative and have great aesthetic. I dread facing you in the Open, which if I win my series, will be next round... :unsure:

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Next up is the Charlottetown Islanders. This team has a really good color scheme and logo but they totally butchered their jerseys by using diagonal scripts instead of their primary logo. They also use the terrible old Blues Reebok template and it doesn't look any better with the islanders. They do have a great gold third jersey that actually uses the primary logo. I used a wavy design that is not too out there and stays closer to a modern design. I made the road jersey gold just because it would be unique. I used the diagonal script on the third jersey bit tried to make good use of it by putting it above a sash. I think this would be a really cool and unique design that could really spice script logos up.

Charlottetown Islanders

charlottetown.png

Just took a look at this thread for the first time and just wanted to say that you're killing it. All of these jersey designs are amazing! As a CHL fan I wish all of the teams had jerseys looked as good as these designs. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

All I can say is.. WOW!!! These jerseys ya designed, man.. simply beautiful.. and some are really needed to be used in real life but amazing to see in pictures.. I'm stunned at the details and etc.. always wanted to try something like that but ehh no idea as how to go around on that lol..keep up the great work.. 

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Now that you've fixed the stitching issues, each concept you churn out it flawless and unique. That Islanders look is a perfect example- you took a bland look whose logo was a Fishsticks copy and gave it its own look, unique to the league and to the world. I wouldn't have a problem if New York recoloured these as a new look, Fishsticks and everything.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Next team is the Chicoutimi Sagueneens. I like this teams logo and color scheme quite a lot. Double blue always seems to look good. I liked their jerseys before Reebok came along and added some terribly unnecessary piping to them. I went with a striping design that benefits both shades of blue. The arm striping is unique because it looks different on the back than on the front and I think that this would be a very innovative striping choice. I also went with a lot more of the lighter blue because it would be much more unique to the QMJHL than another navy blue team. The third jersey uses the S from the primary logo and I think it looks pretty good on its own. It also has a new curved striping that I wanted to try out.

Chicoutimi Sagueneens

Chicoutimi.png

The next team is the Drummondville Voltigeurs. I think that this team took a big step backwards after the Reebok edge came in. They kept their cool v  striping on the hem but cut it off half way at the sides and added piping. They also screwed up their arms and the v's are upside down now. I brought the V back to the hem with a different pattern and also added a unique arm striping that makes a v going down the side and right under the collar. The third jersey also uses a different type of V design that starts at the arm and comes all the way down to the hem. I also used their really cool secondary logo that could probably be bumped to primary status.

Drummondville Voltigeurs

Drummondville.png

On July 14, 2016 at 10:57 PM, 72freebie said:

Next team is the Chicoutimi Sagueneens. I like this teams logo and color scheme quite a lot. Double blue always seems to look good. I liked their jerseys before Reebok came along and added some terribly unnecessary piping to them. I went with a striping design that benefits both shades of blue. The arm striping is unique because it looks different on the back than on the front and I think that this would be a very innovative striping choice. I also went with a lot more of the lighter blue because it would be much more unique to the QMJHL than another navy blue team. The third jersey uses the S from the primary logo and I think it looks pretty good on its own. It also has a new curved striping that I wanted to try out.

Chicoutimi Sagueneens

Chicoutimi.png

i love these latest concepts. except, on the top home jersey, the sleeve numbers say "48" on one side and "88" on the other. other then that, great series so far!

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

54 minutes ago, BostonStrong13 said:

i love these latest concepts. except, on the top home jersey, the sleeve numbers say "48" on one side and "88" on the other. other then that, great series so far!

Good catch. I'll make sure that gets fixed.

Up next is the Gatineau Olympiques. I wasn't pleased when this team switched from their very cool colors to the bland Kings colors. I brought back purple,orange and yellow and eliminated black for the home and away set. I used a sash deign that would be very unique for any league. I also put the three Olympic rings on the back on the bottom because I think that it would be a really cool addition to the identity. For the third jersey, I use the current colors and a fairly simple design that emphasizes the grey color. 

*The Sagueneens have also been fixed

Gatineau Olympics.

Gatineau.png

next up is the Halifax Mooseheads. Yet another logo that is very outdated. I know that it is the beer company's logo and they kind of have to keep it but it never really worked as a sports logo anyways. They currently wear Minnesota wild clones and while they don't look bad, they don't stand out at all. I wanted to really emphasize the green for this concept because it is a fairly unique color for the league. I added gold to the color scheme to brighten it up and to balance the colors with the logo a little better. I used a simple design but it is pretty unique because the top and bottom stripes are different colors. I really like how this turned out. The third jersey uses chest and yoke stripes with a bright striping combination with the white making the gold and green really pop.

Halifax Mooseheads

Halifax.png

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so I know that it has been forever since I have uploaded onto this thread. I have just been working on so many other projects that O am just having trouble getting back to this. I finally managed to get the next team done though. The Moncton Wildcats are up next. I have never understood why this team uses white red and blue as their color scheme. They have no blue in the logo and they really need to switch to red yellow and black. I went with a pretty wild design that uses claw marks. The front and back have black claw marks on them behind the logo and numbers. I like how this turned out because they blend pretty well. The arms have claw marks with colors in them and I also really like how this turned out. The third jersey is another throwback jersey. This time it is for tghe Moncton Alpines. This was the team name for one year before they switched to the Wildcats name. They jersey design and colors are the same but have the wildcat logo on the front in the old colors. The Alpines logo is also featured on the shoulders.

Moncton Wildcats

Moncton.png

Archived