72Freebie's CHL Redesign(Victoria Royals added 60/60 FINISHED)

72freebie

6 hours ago, CanucksFan said:

I would buy that third in a heartbeat. Gorgeous. Love the set. It's funny that I'm the only guy who comments on this awesome series.

I pop in occasionally, and I think these look excellent. Let's hit the WHL!

Welcome to Kansas, where you can see your future, literally.

image.png

IMG_1326.PNG

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we are at our 3rd and final league, the Western Hockey League. Kicking it off is the Brandon Wheat Kings. I only live an hour from Brandon so I get to see this team play quite a bit. Their logo is beautiful and is a top contender for best in the league. Unfortunately their jerseys are some of the worst. Before the Reebok edge system hit, this team had the best uniforms in the whole CHL. They featured wheat pattern stripes that were both cool looking and very original. I love seeing these jerseys being worn by fans around the rink because they are beautiful. This team got hit really hard by Reebok though. Their white jersey really isn't too bad but it isn't anything memorable and is very simple. The road jersey is in my opinion, the worst Reebok edge jersey that has aver been created. It is the most bland and uninspired uniform design that I have ever seen and I cannot believe that the team approved it. All it is, is a black jersey with half of a yellow arm stripe that is on thee bottom of the arm. I hate these jerseys so much considering what they had before. I made sure that I went back to the wheat striping with my concept and made it a little more modern. I put it in a more traditional striping pattern and I still think that it looks great. I also changed their primary color back to gold because that is what they wore when they were a brand new team and because it just worked better for this set. The third jersey is the same design in black but uses their really nice shoulder patch on the front.

Brandon Wheat Kings

Brandon.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

Next is the Calgary Hitmen. I actually really like this logo but unfortunately i';m not a big fan of the color scheme. I am a big fan of their old color scheme though so the first thing that I did was make sure that I went back to pink,grey and black. Their jerseys from this era were extremely garish ad I wanted to push away from this because I think that the pink is garish enough in its own right,. I went with a simple striping pattern that mostly focuses on the black but still included the other colors enough. The side panels are angled to fit the triangle in the logo. The third jersey uses their cool alternate logo and sports a main grey color. The striping ion this is fairly unique and the arms are something that I have never done before.

Calgary Hitmen

Calgary.png

Next up is the Edmonton oil Kings. I am not a big fan of this teams logo and color scheme. The jerseys are okay but the red and blue don't look that great with a primarily yellow logo. I do however lobe their alternate logo that uses a lime green, grey and black. I wanted to make that their main logo so that they would stand out a lot more in the league. This is a concept that some of you may have seen before but I really like this concept and it really is my ideal look for this team. I did however create a new alternate jersey that uses the green as the main color and a recolored version of their current logo. It uses a classic looking design with a modern color scheme. It is somewhat of a clash of eras.

Edmonton Oil Kings

Edmonton.png

On 9/30/2016 at 5:14 PM, 72freebie said:

Here we are at the last team of the QMJHL. the team is the Victoriaville Tigres. I think that this logo is good and a yellow and black color scheme usually can't go wrong. Unfortunately this team is one of those teams that think using two different template for home and away is okay. Their home is a blue jackets template that looks really bare and their away jersey uses the Senators template that I don't think looks good no matter what colors you use with it. I went with a classic approach using multiple yellow and white stripes with black upper arms. I also included a yellow helmet because I don't think that they look too bad when teams wear them. the third jersey uses even more stripes and uses their really nice script logo.

Victoriaville Tigres.

Victoriaville.png

I'm liking the striping on the home and away in this set. Adds a little bit to the Pen's style jersey. Bonus points for using yellow for the dark uni for sure.

That alternate is an absolute beauty. Great work again.

Oh and that set for Brandon...wow.

I have to say I like the white the best...all of the colours pop and they are balanced perfectly.

My only critique would be the yellow outline on the alternate's numbers: I think it blends a bit too much. That being said, I think in reality it would be more distinct. Could even try a double outline with black in between to match the front logo.

Awesome. Just awesome.

Next is the Everett Silvertips. This teams Jerseys are definitely interesting. they use a unique tree/mountain pattern that looks pretty cool. unfortunately the edge template ruined it by stopping it at the side panels. I wanted to do something a little crazy and include a big mountain striping into my concept. I really like the brown used and I think that it blends really well with the green. It is a wild design but I think that it is a design that only this team could pull off. The third jersey is kind of weird for me. I ended up doing sort of a fauxback type of jersey because I thought of brown in hockey and immediately thought 1920's. It uses an older striping pattern, brown pants and helmet and some busy socks. Tell me what you think.

Everett Silvertips

Everett.png

2 hours ago, 72freebie said:

Next is the Everett Silvertips. This teams Jerseys are definitely interesting. they use a unique tree/mountain pattern that looks pretty cool. unfortunately the edge template ruined it by stopping it at the side panels. I wanted to do something a little crazy and include a big mountain striping into my concept. I really like the brown used and I think that it blends really well with the green. It is a wild design but I think that it is a design that only this team could pull off. The third jersey is kind of weird for me. I ended up doing sort of a fauxback type of jersey because I thought of brown in hockey and immediately thought 1920's. It uses an older striping pattern, brown pants and helmet and some busy socks. Tell me what you think.

Everett Silvertips

Everett.png

Wow. Outstanding work!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Thanks for all of the great comments everybody! Next up is the Kamloops Blazers. This team switched their jersey last year for the better. They went very safe with the Blackhawks template and it looks fine. I went with a design that is based off of their pre edge jerseys with a large shoulder design. I made it stop for some simple orange and grey striping. I decided to not do a hem stripe because I think that the arm striping fills enough of the jersey, especially on the back where it drops a little lower so the nameplate can go in it. The third jersey uses their really nice script logo on an orange jersey with an emphasis on the grey. I really enjoy how the grey and orange looked so I thought I would base the set off of it.

Kamloops blazers

kamloops.png

Archived