Quebec Nordiques Concept Logo (Update With New Logo)

Sportsworth

Here is my new concept idea for the Nordiques... Maybe its more of a AHL looking logo rather then a NHL logo but I think its a fun idea that would represent the Nords return to any league. The igloo is the primary and the polar bear is the shoulder patch logo. Comments and critiques are welcomed!

nordiques concept.png

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, wildwing64 said:

Northern Lights was actually one of the originally proposed names for what we now know as the Minnesota Wild, for better or worse.

Having said that, I don't think a team from Quebec would have an English name for their hockey team.

Your actually right... that's something I didn't consider so that's why im gonna change the logo back to my original Nordiques concept idea and remove the Star from it. I was just trying to make it different but if Quebec does get a team back it has to be called the Nordiques. Its a classic name for a classic team.

This concept was also an idea I had... the "Quebec Northern Lights" but as WILDWING64 pointed out, A team from Quebec wouldn't want to have an English name for their team and so I went back to my original concept idea I had that was for the Nordiques. The Northern Lights concept is the logo with the star on it and the Nords logo which was my original idea starting out is the update with the Nordiques name. If Quebec gets a team back it no doubt has to be called the Nordiques.

northern lights.png

nordiques concept.png

The one on the right looks smoother, less cluttered, and simpler. It seems like it would fit in the NHL a little more than the one on the left.That being said, everything would seem a bit more professional looking if they weren't so chunky, - the sticks in particular. Although I also have a hard time seeing the bear as an NHL logo, even if it is an alternate crest.  Just some suggestions.

All in all though, not bad at all.

4 minutes ago, Canucklehead800 said:

The one on the right looks smoother, less cluttered, and simpler. It seems like it would fit in the NHL a little more than the one on the left.That being said, everything would seem a bit more professional looking if they weren't so chunky, - the sticks in particular. Although I also have a hard time seeing the bear as an NHL logo, even if it is an alternate crest.  Just some suggestions.

All in all though, not bad at all.

Thank you... I will keep it in mind and mess around with the logo again and change the sticks to a more realistic look. The bear logo I do agree wouldn't be a NHL logo. I just tend to make logos that aren't serious looking. I will also change that up as well this way I will have the not so serious concept and also have a serious concept posted with it. 

7 minutes ago, Brass said:

The bear logo rules. Absolutely love it!

Thanks a lot bro. I didn't go serious with the bear and wanted it to feel more like a minor league logo but I'm also gonna do a serious take on the entire concept this way I have a minor league look that is in this thread and I will also post a more serious look too.

44 minutes ago, bleuet said:

Fun concept thanks.

I'd use light blue instead of red on the igloo and would use a darker blue for the rest of the logo.

It would stand out great

Thanks! I was trying to keep it close to the original like in your avatar pic. I will redo it with the lighter blue like from their vintage jersey. I take it your a Nord's fan lol... I think i may have been the only kid growing up in the 80s and early 90s as a Nord's fan living in New England lol. Hope they return soon!

Here's yet another update... Thanks to BLEUET for suggesting that I change the red to a light blue and I have to agree it looks great! I also changed the shoulder logo from a Polar Bear to a Arctic Fox. Wanted to try something different then a husky or a polar bear. Also added a update with the original colors I first went with. Any comments and critiques are welcomed!

nords 3 updates.png

Quebec All Blue Concept.png

Like where this is headed. Using the fox was a neat idea.

I personally like it more than the polar bear, seems a bit more professional and it's better design-wise in my opinion. I don't like the red options you have going though. The fox just looks awkward in those, and the igloo isn't the greatest in that color scheme either. However they look stellar in the blue. I would keep those.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

3 hours ago, ZionEagle said:

Like where this is headed. Using the fox was a neat idea.

I personally like it more than the polar bear, seems a bit more professional and it's better design-wise in my opinion. I don't like the red options you have going though. The fox just looks awkward in those, and the igloo isn't the greatest in that color scheme either. However they look stellar in the blue. I would keep those.

Thanks bro! yes I like the all blue as well. Im going with that one for sure. Im going to do jerseys next.

Quebec All Blue Concept.png

snow fox logo.png

Yes, yes.

Like it. some rework on stripes could improve but I mean, one of the very good nordiques concept I saw, very original. Congrats.

You could even try a "ice blocs" styling instead of stripes. Why not?

Big ice blocks instead of stripes. "Out of the box"

Cheers

Archived