Champions League of Hockey • Group E RESULTS (5/7)

timberwolf

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Begin Group C!

GROUP C - DJURGARDEN HOCKEY (Sweden)

The Swedish runners up are looking to be a real contender at this tournament, with an outstanding first line of Dennis Malmgren, Al Rekelson, and Peter Hardgroven. Malmgren will enter this tournament with the most points of any North European club, with 62 goals and 54 assists. Rekelson and Hardgroven also delivered impressive seasons.

I love their colours and tried to emphasize that with bold lines and colour blocks, since that seems to be an Adidas thing. I was worried there might to too much colour but I'll see what you guys think.

image.thumb.png.c6af064a119f3858763a5967

Okayyyyy Team #2 of Group C!

GROUP C - GRAZ 99ers (Austria)

The Austrian champions, with their stunning championship series against Vienna, qualify for their first CLH and hopefully not their last. Their talent comes with the Freizrer brothers, Simon and Jhonathan. Dubbed the Sedins of Europe, the brothers combined for 201 points, with Simon posting a career high 103.

In 2018, they were bought by a former Red Wings equipment manager Karl Haddock. They switched to Red Wing copies in 2020 but in 2021 switched to their signature orange Pantone and thickened all the stripes and added a hem stripe to diversify them from the Michigan counterparts.

image.thumb.png.bf0f99d1bc348cd1c9d2310e

2 minutes ago, JosiahWVU said:

I like the consistency with the Red Wings. My only flaw is that I would say to change is to make the number font match the one in the logo.

I did that, and it looked too cartoony. I can show you, if you'd like.

Loving your series so far! Always looking forward to the next day to get to see what team is next. Only downside is that I am wondering what the pants and helmets would look like to go with these beautiful jerseys. I also love the jersey template you are doing these on. Keep it up!

34 minutes ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

Loving your series so far! Always looking forward to the next day to get to see what team is next. Only downside is that I am wondering what the pants and helmets would look like to go with these beautiful jerseys. I also love the jersey template you are doing these on. Keep it up!

I'm planning to do full body presentations for the playoffs. It's nice to see some followers show support!

8 minutes ago, JosiahWVU said:

I understand your reasoning behind the numbers, I would like to see the other version though.

I'll whip one up and PM it to you when I get a chance.

Time for a little surprise...

GROUP C - EDMONTON OILERS (Canada)

Yes, that's right. The Edmonton Oilers, with Connor McDavid posting a 109 point year, defeated the Dallas Stars 4-2 in the quarter finals, and escaped Minnesota 4-3 to make it to the semis. Second year Yan Johnson, taken 18th overall in 2020, racked up 39 goals and 37 assists and collected Rookie of the Year in 2020. Consistency had him gained 41 goals and 50 assists in 2021. They would fall in six games to the Ducks in the West Final.

The design wasn't hard. I'm afraid it's too plain, though. I'm feeling a yoke would benefit the look. I tried to emulate the WHA days, with bold stripes (also an Adidas thing). What do you guys think?

image.thumb.png.a743c0fa01a43c43ae151f1b

Guest darkpiranha

Yeah.  Oilers look fine.  I love the idea of this series and the backstory.  Everything is crisp and clean...but maybe too safe.  What I want to know is, what does the 2020 "era" look like?  The 70s have their look.  The 80s are recognizable.  The 90s... You gotta love even the crazy stuff. I know I like stuff that goes way outside the box, so my tastes aren't for everyone, but I'd really love to see you put a stamp on these designs that makes them instantly recognizable as from the 2020 Champions League era.  You've proven you can nail classic, respectable designs, so don't worry about anyone nitpicking your ability.  Go nuts!

3 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

Yeah.  Oilers look fine.  I love the idea of this series and the backstory.  Everything is crisp and clean...but maybe too safe.  What I want to know is, what does the 2020 "era" look like?  The 70s have their look.  The 80s are recognizable.  The 90s... You gotta love even the crazy stuff. I know I like stuff that goes way outside the box, so my tastes aren't for everyone, but I'd really love to see you put a stamp on these designs that makes them instantly recognizable as from the 2020 Champions League era.  You've proven you can nail classic, respectable designs, so don't worry about anyone nitpicking your ability.  Go nuts!

Certainly something to consider. I was mulling the idea. Maybe something will come to me.

Archived