timberwolf

Champions League of Hockey • Group E RESULTS (5/7)

Recommended Posts

Yes, Tao could be considered a Japanese name. though I somewhat think Tao is more of a girls name, but I'm not sure, and a lot of guys in Japan are given girls names and vice versa 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CodeG said:

Yes, Tao could be considered a Japanese name. though I somewhat think Tao is more of a girls name, but I'm not sure, and a lot of guys in Japan are given girls names and vice versa 

 

Thanks for clearing that up. I was worried it might be offensive or whatnot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@timberwolf I just noticed that your template is one of the newer ones that Reebok has started using this year. I think Anaheim's, Colorado's, Arizona's, and all the outdoor games used this template. Where did you get it? Or did you make it, and if so, is it possible for me to use the template? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only two teams left before Montreal and Amur kick off the games on Saturday!

 

GROUP F - HC DAVOS (Switzerland)

Seen to be one of the biggest European powers in the tournament, HC Davos is looking to make a deep run in the tournament. Josef Axelsson leads the Southwest team in points with an outbreak 128 point year.

 

Their blue and gold is remiscent of the Swedes, as well as their skill level. Jay did these and Davos is also one of the only teams with a road jersey that isn't vintage white or white.

 

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

 

@timberwolf I just noticed that your template is one of the newer ones that Reebok has started using this year. I think Anaheim's, Colorado's, Arizona's, and all the outdoor games used this template. Where did you get it? Or did you make it, and if so, is it possible for me to use the template? 

 

Its originally Taylor Roy's....but I modified it to how I think Adidas will be cutting templates in 2021. I can send it to you if you want it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, timberwolf said:

 

Its originally Taylor Roy's....but I modified it to how I think Adidas will be cutting templates in 2021. I can send it to you if you want it.

That would be great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THE LAST TEAM!

 

GROUP F - JOKERIT (Finland)

The best Finnish KHL team in contention comes with Jokerit, who placed third in the K. Leading scorer Turi Othamma wrecked goalies all year, with 54 goals and 31 assists.

 

Brad chose black instead of blue for the primary colour. The clean stripes work really well here. Leave C and C!

 

image.png

 

GROUP A WILL BEGIN SATURDAY!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jokerit looks nice but going with a black base seems to tone down the uniqueness of their logo. Plus the blue, red  and yellow scheme on their actual unis is a thing of beauty in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perfecto on Davos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We kick it off with Group A!

 

image.png

 

Group A kicked off with Amur and the Lakers in Boston, with Montreal and Sibir meeting that night. Amur played a strong game, fending off a valiant third period comeback, rallying from a 3-0 deficit. Evgeni Motshev netted two in the final minutes to end the chances of an upset. Amur would win 5-3. 
The Habs, courtesy of Gallagher, defeated Sibir 3-2 with a goal with 4.2 seconds left.

 

Montreal kicked off the action the next day with a 6-2 rout of Amur, with Subban notching his third hat trick of the year. The Lakers fought to avoid elimination against Sibir but the Novosbirsk defence was too strong. Sibir shut out the Swiss 4-0, almost fully knocking the Lakers out of contention.

 

The final round of games featured possibly one of the biggest rivalries in the League. Sibir and Amur contended to decide who would be a safe bet into the playoffs, and who would have to fight for a Wild Card spot. Amur jumped out to a two goal lead, but Sibir responded with three unanswered goals to clinch a playoff berth. The Habs solidified first place with a whopping of Rapperswil, which sent the Lakers home. 

 

image.png

 

Montreal finished first, Sibir grabbed second and Khabavorsk sat in second. The Lakers were eliminated.

 

Stay tuned! Group B drops tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We continue with Group B!

 

image.png

 

Taking place in LA, Group B was dubbed "The Group of Death". Anaheim, Frolunda, Minsk, and Turku. Turku and Minsk were seen as giant killers, while Frolunda and the Ducks seemed to lead the group.

 

Anaheim opened with a huge 5-0 whopping of Minsk, with a three-goal period. Frolunda survived an onslaught of shots from Turku but managed to stage a 7-4 win. Minsk kept their hopes alive with an overtime thriller over Turku, putting the Fins on the edge of elimination.

 

The evening game was the money maker. Perry and Gotisbehere both connected for goals while Tyllstrom and Indgberg responded to keep the game at 2. Perry gained his second, only to have Indgberg tie it up again. Indgberg capped his third, but again the Ducks retaliated to keep the match level. Overtime was needed and a hero was born. Charging down the wing, Sam Pelletier sent a long dump into the Frolunda zone. The puck caromed around until it fell to the stick of Freeman Koler, who centered it to Indgberg, and from him a perfect saucer pass onto the stick of Tyllstrom, who completed the upset.

Frolunda's dominance ended when Minsk and their stone cold goalie Gyrolus shut them out for two periods. Minsk went up 5-0, but Frolunda was unable to come back. The Ducks secured their top spot with a scary win over Turku.

 

image.png

 

Anaheim took first and Frolunda capped second, with goal differences. Minsk entered the wild card and Turku was sent packing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really loving this entire project. It's really well done.

 

Is there any chance I could get the font you used for the 'BOSTON' and 'LOS ANGELES' banners?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

I'm really loving this entire project. It's really well done.

 

Is there any chance I could get the font you used for the 'BOSTON' and 'LOS ANGELES' banners?

 

Yeah it's called "Beantown". It's essentially the Red Sox font. If you can't find it on the web, I can shoot you the link.

 

Thanks for your continued comments, DT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a long break, I'm back! The series will finish!

 

image.png

 

Group C kicked off with the mighty Oilers knocking off the Swedish powers in a pivotal match. McDavid copped a hat trick and Hall added two. Meanwhile, the lowly Graz 99ers pulled off an impeccable feat with a massive 3-2 overtime win over the Finnish Lukko squad.

 

Lukko pushed Djurgarden to the brink with a big 5-4 win that ended with a wild bounce with 3 seconds left to end the Swedes hopes for a clinch. Graz caused major turmoil with their miraculous 4-2 upset of the Canadian giants. Graz led the group with two wins.

 

Lukko went ahead and sent the group into a full frenzy when Rimo Tirkunen scored at 14:22 of overtime to pull off a victory or Edmonton. Graz, already with a playoff berth, received a pounding at the hands of Djurgarden.

 

image.png

 

Graz and Lukko both have playoff berths, but you'll have to wait and see who qualifies between Edmlnton and Djurgarden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, timberwolf said:

After a long break, I'm back! The series will finish!

 

image.png

 

Group C kicked off with the mighty Oilers knocking off the Swedish powers in a pivotal match. McDavid copped a hat trick and Hall added two. Meanwhile, the lowly Graz 99ers pulled off an impeccable feat with a massive 3-2 overtime win over the Finnish Lukko squad.

 

Lukko pushed Djurgarden to the brink with a big 5-4 win that ended with a wild bounce with 3 seconds left to end the Swedes hopes for a clinch. Graz caused major turmoil with their miraculous 4-2 upset of the Canadian giants. Graz led the group with two wins.

 

Lukko went ahead and sent the group into a full frenzy when Rimo Tirkunen scored at 14:22 of overtime to pull off a victory or Edmonton. Graz, already with a playoff berth, received a pounding at the hands of Djurgarden.

 

image.png

 

Graz and Lukko both have playoff berths, but you'll have to wait and see who qualifies between Edmlnton and Djurgarden.

Yessss! It's back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just went through all of these. Djurgarden and Praha are my favourites. I would have to agree with @Totems!! on the point about Jokerit's move to black vs navy. Great work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.