April Fools Stories

hettinger_rl

As I was reading the article, someone behind me said " OMG Ohip State's changing their colors!"

I had to remind her what day it was, which apparently saved her from sending what would've been an embarrassing text to her OSU friend.

Today's Hottest Headlines...

- Vince McMahon has agreed in principle to sell WWE to The Walt Disney Company for $2.5 billion in cash.

- The Carolina Hurricanes have requested permission from the NHL Board of Governors to move to Arendelle.

- Kylo Ren performs a hostile takeover to usurp the Washington Redskins from Dan Snyder. A contest to select a new name for the embattled franchise includes such gems as Hogs, Shamans, Weasels, Wookiees, Presidents, Governors, Warriors, and even Warlocks.

Non-Sports headlines...

- Warner Bros lures George Lucas out of retirement to produce a Special Edition of Batman vs Superman.

- Donald Trump selects Kanye West as his running mate.

Me, too.  That's a great design.

My favorites so far are NYCFC, who announced a new "In-Net" premium seating section:

2016_AprilFool_InNetSeating.png

And Minnesota United's reddit page, which was overhauled this morning with a new logo:

Untitled.0.png

7 hours ago, wyopokes2 said:

Similar Turf article for Oregon. Plan on installing an LED field to display ads. Actually wouldn't be surprised to see this technology someday in the future.

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=500&ATCLID=210844591

RMMKIYNZTXZGMCP.20160330201747.jpg

RTSERKRCUISHVZO.20160330202232.jpg

That actually seems pretty cool once you get past actually playing on it.

Archived