2016 Final Four Redesign- All 4 Teams

poiper2

Hello! Tomorrow, at 6:09 ET the Final Four will begin. Me, being the college sports fanatic that I am, decided to take a shot at giving the 4 teams (Villanova, Oklahoma, North Carolina, Syracuse) special uniforms. First, here are my predictions on how the 3 games will go.

56feba7137a86_Final4Bracket.thumb.png.8d

Next, my first actual concept. Credit to SydniT23 for this template. Without further ado, the Villanova Wildcats.

56febb4028469_VillanovaFinal4Whitedes.th56febb475a0d8_VillanovaFinal4Navy.thumb.56febb4fe288a_VillanovaFinal4Light.thumb

I really mainly focused on the sharp shape of their V logo, and on the alternate, I really wanted to see a jersey with their lighter blue color, and if anyone were to wear this in real life, I'm afraid the fans might have to wear sunglasses. Also, feel free to tell me your predictions on the games!

5844649c6ef90_FiestaBowl_sig.png.2c502c8100468192da258ffb92d59593.png

Well, hopefully I'll get more C&C on this one, the Oklahoma Sooners. I really focused their uniforms on the simplicity of all of their sports uniforms. However, I decided to put the fade thing on the stripes just to spice it up a bit. After all it is the final four. 

56fff7ae03fe0_OlkahomaWhiteFinal4.thumb.56fff7d2d513c_OklahomaRedfinal4.thumb.pn

C&C is appreciated

So, with the first game 2 hours away, I figured it'd be a good time for our 3rd team, the North Carolina Tar Heels. They have my bet to win the championship, even though I want Nova to win it all. Anyways, for Carolina I tried to incorporate their argyle pattern, but i just couldn't find a modern way to incorportate it. So instead, I present to you, the new look North Carolina Tar Heels!

57002858b8921_NorthCarolinaWhiteFinal4.t57002861b01d2_NorthCarolinaBlueFinal4.th

I really tried to use their navy blue a little more than they do now, without completely overdoing it. C&C is appreciated! 

Even though I haven't gotten quite the amount of feedback I wanted, I can't just do 3 teams. Here is the final team, the Syracuse Orange. I really took inspiration from their football uniforms, as you can tell by the patterns in the numbers and on the shorts. I thought they turned out pretty decent, and they actually are my favorites.

570172d04f87a_SyracuseWhiteFinal4.thumb.570172d99b8a6_SyracuseOrangeFinal4.thumb570172e36ca88_SyracuseNavyFinal4.thumb.p

Please, tell me which are your favorites, and as always C&C is appreciated! 

That Syracuse set is flawless, and I really like your use of the lighter blue on Villanova, especially their alternate. Only thing I didn't like was that you removed the V striping from the shorts. Oklahoma is solid; it kinda reminds me of the Rockets. Not a huge fan of North Carolina's. There would be riots if the argyle got removed. 

Villanova: Brilliant! The alternate could use a little more white, but other than that, it's a beautiful set!

Oklahoma: I love their alternate football uniform(s) as they use the wood pattern and the cream. I really like what you've got here, but I feel like adding either of these elements could really push this to the next level.

North Carolina: I like it, but not for Carolina. It's gotta have the argyle pattern in there somewhere.

Syracuse: I was just thinking that the basketball team should use the football team's number font. I feel like you could have the pattern go up all the way to the top of the shorts while slimming down the panels just a tad.  I'd also add the ORANGE wordmark for both the home and maaaaybe the road. It's still a decent piece though.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

On 4/2/2016 at 0:46 PM, poiper2 said:

Well, hopefully I'll get more C&C on this one, the Oklahoma Sooners. I really focused their uniforms on the simplicity of all of their sports uniforms. However, I decided to put the fade thing on the stripes just to spice it up a bit. After all it is the final four. 

56fff7ae03fe0_OlkahomaWhiteFinal4.thumb.56fff7d2d513c_OklahomaRedfinal4.thumb.pn

C&C is appreciated

I think this one is your best set; I love the simplistic, clean look that is a similar one to their football uniforms.

It may just be my monitor, but the light blue shade on Villanova looks much different than what I see in their actual uniforms.

70011.jpg

Did you consider using an argyle subliminated pattern on Carolina's side panels? Thanks so much for doing these; I love to see college basketball concepts, but we rarely see them on here. I hope to post some of my own before too long.

Archived