Here's another NPSL soccer team that I've picked for a rebrand – Rocket City United, located in Huntsville, Alabama. 

Colors remain red, black and white. I've chosen a slightly lighter shade of black and added gray as a supporting color. Here's the team's current mark: http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/eew3e4vv1cjiegtnsvqw97uj0/Rocket_City_United/2008/Primary_Logo

Rocket%20City%20United%20logo%20presenta

Rocket%20City%20United%20logo_zpstp0i7zp

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Gorgeous! I love the rendering of the rocket, and the different angles within the crest make for a really interesting composition. Also, the starts are a nice, subtle tough.

As Chris said, you've been on your game lately with these soccer concepts. Keep it up!

20 hours ago, chrisCLEMENT said:

You have been absolutely killing it lately! Great work.

Thanks a lot, Chris. I appreciate it!

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

On 2. April 2016 at 5:14 PM, chrisCLEMENT said:

@jaker52: Thanks a lot, Jake! No, I haven't considered doing that, but never say never!

@mbannon92: Thank you, mbannon92. Much appreciated. My first draft was a vertical rocket shortly after launch. But I added too many elements (like steam) that cluttered the whole logo, so I discarded the whole thing and used this angle to keep it simpler.

@Brian in Boston: Thanks a lot for your feedback, Brian! I appreciate it! My first draft looked exactly the way you described it. But, believe it or not, it kind of looked dull to me. I gained balance this way, for sure, but for some reason it kind of lost at least a bit of its uniqueness.

@darkpiranha: Thanks a lot, darkpiranha. Many logos in the NPSL are mediocre at best, most of them are plain terrible. And, there's even one, the Jersey Blues FC mark, that is a definite plagiarism of the logo of Italian motorbike manufacturer Ducati.

On 3. April 2016 at 8:58 PM, OliverP said:

Absolutely phenomenal! The rocket rendering is so sleek and so awesome, loving everything about it. 

Thank you, OliverP. I appreciate it.

6 hours ago, jaha32 said:

That rocket is beautifully rendered. Houston and Toledo should take notes on how it's done. The way you incorporated the space-like atmosphere within the roundel is also a nice touch. I'm not normally big into soccer logos/crests, but I definitely like this.

Thanks a lot, jaha32. The stars were a last-minute idea, because before that I filled the unused black space with another circle which didn't really fulfill its purpose the way I liked it.

6 hours ago, Niiklaz said:

Very well done! Looks amazing!

Thanks a lot. Glad you like it.

1 hour ago, derschwigg said:

Looking great! My only critique would be to make the "Rocket City" and "United" white instead of red for the sake of readability, but that's absolutely minor and a personal preference.

Thanks a lot, derschwigg. Much appreciated. Quite frankly, I prefer the red typo because it creates some kind of visual depth (together with the red stripes), so the rocket is more in contrast to the roundel and the text. White letters would distract a little from the rocket although it's right in the center – and the logo also loses color. However, you're absolutely right when it's about readability!

Archived