ECHL in Worcester unveils team name & logo

rvrdgsfn

The logo feels familiar to me..... didn't another minor-league team use a similar logo for only one season? I swear I recall seeing the train before!

EDIT: The long forgotten never played a season Cincinatti RailRiders is who I was thinking of..... but also draws to the Chicago Express logo and colour scheme.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

2 hours ago, Brass said:

I mean, it's dull and uninspiring which just screams "Worcester."

Beating up on depressed New England towns just seems cruel. We can't all have innovation corridors. C'mon, your name is a vestigial Hartford reference!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Great now Hockey Teams in the US are going to adopt HC.

What's next, the fans will all be holding team scarves over their heads and singing ridiculous pub songs that are knockoffs of other ridiculous songs the whole game?

I swear watching an EPL game, and now MLS games is like going to a Weird Al Yankovic sing along.

I tried to support the local, very low minor leagues, Soccer Club by buying season tickets and between the Singing, Chanting and beating on Drums by the "Fanatic" section. You couldn't even enjoy a conversation with the people you went to the game with. I won't even get into the fact they play at a local High School Field so no Beer can be sold!

They act like they are taking part in traditions handed down over generations of fans like we are Liverpool FC, when in fact the team is about 5 years old.

Pretending we are in Europe and acting like fans do at an EPL, La Liga or Bundesliga game doesn't give us instant history. It just makes us look like we are trying too hard to impress everyone with our inside knowledge of Soccer (Football) Fandom.

OK... I'm sorry, I've finished venting....

Archived