USMNT Kit Concept

mbannon92

I love the new US Soccer crest, but the kits could use a lot of work. Part of the problem is Nike standardizing all the teams, but the color choices are also questionable. So I used the new Nike template, but took some liberties and added elements beyond the trim and contrasting sleeves.

The only real changes I made on the primary kit were using navy on the sleeves and changing the socks to navy. I really like this look, and think that white on white with blue raglan sleeves, blue socks, and red trim could become a timeless look for the US.

The clash kit features a royal blue top with fading navy stripes, navy shorts and socks, white numbers, and red trim. I thought this would be a nice way to get the 13 stripes on a kit in a more subtle way, as well as use royal and navy together, which is a sharp look IMO.

Have at it!

US Soccer Kits 2016-01.png

Switch the shorts and you're golden.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Great kits.  I love the Navy Blue with the hoops, a lot like the Waldo jerseys from a few years back.  I personally am not the biggest fan of the font, but I totally understand you just used the one off the kit, and I just think Nike should've stuck with the Rex Inline font from the World Cup kits.  Either way, great job!

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

These subtle navy stripes on the royal-blue uniform look great and absolutely enhance an already clean, simple and modern design. Both unis look very sweet.

I'm not sure about switching the shorts, like CRichardson suggested. But I think I would favor your draft because I guess they look cleaner this way.

Sweet design, mbannon. Nice job!

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Thanks for the comments and compliments everyone! Glad the hoops on the clash went over well.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on the shorts @CRichardson. I feel that the white on white balances really well with the blue sleeves and socks, and the purpose of the clash was to have sort of a fade from royal to navy. Though the shorts could certainly be interchangeable if they wanted to change things up every once in a while.

I'm not really sold on the number font, the bottom half of the 8 almost looks smaller than the top half, maybe it'd help if I saw more than one digit, but I much prefer the old font. I like the clash a lot, it's a good nod to the old white kits of the past!

spacer.png

10 hours ago, dsaline97 said:

I'm not really sold on the number font, the bottom half of the 8 almost looks smaller than the top half, maybe it'd help if I saw more than one digit, but I much prefer the old font. I like the clash a lot, it's a good nod to the old white kits of the past!

Yeah I'm not huge on the font either but the jersey designs are really nice. Shame that they couldn't have done something like this for real. 

11 hours ago, Dbroalexander said:

Yeah I'm not huge on the font either but the jersey designs are really nice. Shame that they couldn't have done something like this for real. 

Thanks, much appreciated! And I'm not a huge fan of the font either - I would've liked to see something more blocky (or just keeping United) - but I wanted to use the new crest and font for the concept.

Archived