Chicago White Sox Christmas in July & Halfway to Mardi Gras Concepts

coco1997

Every September, the White Sox celebrate the halfway point to St. Patty's Day by wearing green pinstripes. The last few years they've had a Christmas in July day, but they haven't worn any special unis to commemorate this. This year, I noticed a Halfway to Mardi Gras day on their schedule; again, I'm not expecting them to wear anything out of the ordinary for this game, though I hope I'm wrong. I decided to take a stab at how Christmas & Mardi Gras-themed ChiSox uniforms would look.

SoxXmas%20ampMardiGras.jpg

For the Christmas uni, I decided to go with a recoloring of their 1983 set, creating an ugly sweater look. For the Mardi Gras set, I used the traditional Mardi Gras colors of purple and green, with just a touch of gold so as to avoid making it look like a Barney the Dinosaur day uni.

C&C appreciated!

I love both of them. The Christmas jersey and cap are perfect. For the Mardi Gras cap the green seems rather spontaneous. I think the jersey needs to incorporate more green and maybe make the socks have some sort of striping pattern. What I'm trying to say is that I think that the colors on the Mardi Gras cap and jersey need the three colors to be spread around, for lack of a better word.

59 minutes ago, Megildur said:

I love both of them. The Christmas jersey and cap are perfect. For the Mardi Gras cap the green seems rather spontaneous. I think the jersey needs to incorporate more green and maybe make the socks have some sort of striping pattern. What I'm trying to say is that I think that the colors on the Mardi Gras cap and jersey need the three colors to be spread around, for lack of a better word.

1 minute ago, ahowe6464 said:

I agree with @Megildur green should be more incorporated into the jersey

Thanks for the feedback. Any suggestions as to how I could work in more green?

1 hour ago, ahowe6464 said:

Yeah that's what I thought. What about just duplicating the christmas ones with the Mardi Gras colors, or not making white the primary color?

I'll definitely consider these suggestions!

Here's a somewhat wild idea. Instead of white with purple pinstripes, I'd recommend a purple jersey with gold pinstripes and a green "sox". The "sox" would be outlined in gold as well. Then the socks would be purple with gold and green stripes and the cap would be all purple with a green logo and gold outlines.

2 hours ago, Megildur said:

Here's a somewhat wild idea. Instead of white with purple pinstripes, I'd recommend a purple jersey with gold pinstripes and a green "sox". The "sox" would be outlined in gold as well. Then the socks would be purple with gold and green stripes and the cap would be all purple with a green logo and gold outlines.

Ooh I like it.

2 hours ago, Megildur said:

I might try that. It's a little out there, and would be challenging to accomplish hand drawn, but it looks pretty interesting in my mind's eye. 

Archived