Fitted hats

Bayne

Hi guys, 

Looking at purcahsing a fitted Zephyr hat from an online outlet, but I'm reluctant to do so because I never know for sure if it's going to fit me right. I've measured my dome and I figure I'd be good for a 7 3/8" but should I trust this, or maybe go a size bigger just incase? I have had scenarios in the past where I think I'm going to loosen into it, but it consistently gave me a slight headache. 

Anyone have some advice/experience with sizing and fitted hats?

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I bought two fitted, 7 1/4, New Era, Orioles hats (mainly because the first one I bought felt too big) and to my (slight) surprise, they both felt a little different. One was a little too loose while the other one was a bit too tight around my head. Normally, I tend to not buy fitted hats for that reason (plus most of the time they look ridiculous) and just stick with stretch fit hats. I still like snapbacks, but I usually never get Mitchell & Ness brands because their crowns just look too "inflated".

So this is the cap I'm looking at... I think it looks class but I'm wondering maybe if I just shouldn't get it. It's a lot to ship it internationally and I'm not sure I like stretch fit all that much. What's the difference between fitted and stretch fit? I thought it was the same deal

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I prefer fitted hats, but I'm also particular about them because of the fit. Sometimes it's fine at 7 5/8, other times I need it at 7 3/4, sometimes it shrinks, sometimes it doesn't, wool caps vs polyester caps vs fiber caps, it fits differently with a haircut or without a haircut, New Era's fit seems different than Zephyr's which is different from 47 brand... but I can just be a snob about that stuff sometimes haha.

Stretch fit usually comes in sizes like S, M, L, XL, or (because stretch) S-M, M-L, L-XL. Stretch fit, well, stretches. It usually has elastic in the band to fit different head sizes. Because of this it can be too big, it can be too small, again all depending on your head. I have a slightly bigger head, so stretch fits aren't always my favorite.

Fitted is fitted. More rigid in its sizing, thus the specific numbers. But again, different fits based on a number of factors (brand, material, crown/brim style).

Again, me personally, because I'm so specific about it, I can't recall if I've ever bought a hat online. If I did it was only once or twice and from eBay.

I also see you're from Australia and you'd probably be hard pressed to actually try on a Canucks hat, but maybe try going to your local sporting goods shop and try on the hats they have there, whatever they may be. You might be able to find something comparable to help make your decision.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Like @Still MIGHTY suggested, I think you should go to a sporting goods store and just try on some hats, see what your size is. No harm done, and I think it's better than online measuring guides.

I can't wear fitted hats, I am a full-grown adult and 7 is too big for my head.

19 hours ago, lopernv said:

I can't wear fitted hats, I am a full-grown adult and 7 is too big for my head.

My brother in law is the same way. He is at best probably a size 6 3/4. It's comical when he puts on one my brother's size 8 hats. Even wearing one of my 7 1/4, he looks funny.

Archived