Bradley University Logo

derschwigg

Hey gang.

So my alma mater, Bradley University, instituted a pretty bland athletics rebrand a few years back: a generic shield with a block-letter B. You've probably seen it (and you're about to again.)

Yesterday, my beloved college continued to press the B into it's graphical forefront by rebranding the university logo itself, primarily with the B Shield...frankly, it hurts.

Here's the old university logo:

a50af7f9-94c2-4f8e-9e00-2f2c19677f10.gif

Here's the new (bleargh) logoset:

resize_image?id=227ed556-3cb4-4f29-9251-

So, over my lunch break today, I tried my hand at besting (rivaling, at the least) this logo. In order to make this as "realistic" as I could, I used the same shield imagery. Since the athletics logo, bad as it is, is an established look for the university, I tried to utilize it as an element in my logoset so as to make it appear as a "package," rather than a standalone.

Some history: Bradley University was founded in 1897 on the hilltop of Peoria, Illinois as a school of horology - making time pieces. Westlake Hall, one of the original buildings on the campus, features a prominent clocktower. With this in mind, I designed this look.

BU_REDU.jpg

This would be a massive upgrade. The only possible tweak that comes to mind for me would be to experiment with adding hands to the clock face.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I was hoping to, at the very least, make something that actually speaks to what Bradley is: an iconic institution.

12 hours ago, Morgo said:

Masssive improvement.  What's the name of the font you used for the word mark?

Thanks! The font family is Aleo, and you can download it here.

23 hours ago, derschwigg said:

Hey gang.

So my alma mater, Bradley University, instituted a pretty bland athletics rebrand a few years back: a generic shield with a block-letter B. You've probably seen it (and you're about to again.)

Yesterday, my beloved college continued to press the B into it's graphical forefront by rebranding the university logo itself, primarily with the B Shield...frankly, it hurts.

Here's the old university logo:

a50af7f9-94c2-4f8e-9e00-2f2c19677f10.gif

Here's the new (bleargh) logoset:

resize_image?id=227ed556-3cb4-4f29-9251-

So, over my lunch break today, I tried my hand at besting (rivaling, at the least) this logo. In order to make this as "realistic" as I could, I used the same shield imagery. Since the athletics logo, bad as it is, is an established look for the university, I tried to utilize it as an element in my logoset so as to make it appear as a "package," rather than a standalone.

Some history: Bradley University was founded in 1897 on the hilltop of Peoria, Illinois as a school of horology - making time pieces. Westlake Hall, one of the original buildings on the campus, features a prominent clocktower. With this in mind, I designed this look.

BU_REDU.jpg

This is Greatness. Love it. 

Only small critique is that the fully horizontal logo (Bradley University) seems unnecessary. Otherwise it's perfect.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived