Sportsworth

Had this concept completed for a while but never added color to it until now due to other concepts I got into. Here's a Whaler to represent the Hartford Whalers. Please don't compare him to the Islanders Fisherman logo (which I happened to love by the way) Also look for the upside down whale tail in the logo on his hat as a nod to the original logo. What do you all think? Comments and critique wanted.

Whaler Whalers Logo.png

4 minutes ago, wences said:

Simply fantastic!

Thank you my friend! I grew up rooting for the Whalers and Nordiques lol (don't ask) I was suppose to be a Bruins fan like the rest of my family but I ended up liking both Hartford and Quebec. I wanted to make a actual Whaler instead of a Whale with this one.

Love the Tail in the Hat! It definetly needs needs some blue as mentioned above, but not to much, kinda like their original NHL jerseys. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 minute ago, chcarlson23 said:

Love the Tail in the Hat! It definetly needs needs some blue as mentioned above, but not to much, kinda like their original NHL jerseys. 

I'm going to mess around with it tomorrow... I will try out some blue color in it and see how it looks.

Love it! If they were ever to return, I would want them to use the old logo, but on its own, this is fantastic. Wouldn't be much of a concept just posting the old logo lol. Great work!

7 hours ago, ujju2 said:

Love it! If they were ever to return, I would want them to use the old logo, but on its own, this is fantastic. Wouldn't be much of a concept just posting the old logo lol. Great work!

Yes I agree their old logo is a classic... And thank you for the complement!

7 hours ago, Dan O'Mac said:

I like the whaler aspect of this.

I don't like the wordmark.

To be honest I wanted to post the logo and had the wordmark laying around so I figured I would post it with the whaler. I do however plan on making a new wordmark to go with this. 

7 hours ago, Whittier S said:

Very clever and well rendered. The two fonts in the wordmark really aren't jibing, though.

Thank you! And yes I agree the wordmark isn't great, I'm going to create a much better one soon and repost it. I will also do some jerseys as well.

On 4/7/2016 at 6:16 PM, Sportsworth said:

Had this concept completed for a while but never added color to it until now due to other concepts I got into. Here's a Whaler to represent the Hartford Whalers. Please don't compare him to the Islanders Fisherman logo (which I happened to love by the way) Also look for the upside down whale tail in the logo on his hat as a nod to the original logo. What do you all think? Comments and critique wanted.

Whaler Whalers Logo.png

Add navy blue or dark royal blue into this. The pine green, silver, and white look good. Try some type of blue. If you can tag a dark blue and not collegiate blue, then it will work!

54 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

Add navy blue or dark royal blue into this. The pine green, silver, and white look good. Try some type of blue. If you can tag a dark blue and not collegiate blue, then it will work!

Good idea, Thanks for the complement! I will try to add some blue tomorrow and see how it comes.

Archived