hockeyny13

As we approach the final month of regular season games I decided to come up with some uniform adjustments for college lacrosse teams. I will start by designing the ACC and move on to probably the Big Ten from there. Starting off I have Syracuse and Notre Dame.

t2GFAdU.jpg

USpQRJ6.jpg

For Syracuse I wanted to give an old school feel, bring back the glory days, but I didn't want to go over the top with a throwback uniform. I combined elements from the uniforms they wore back when the Gaits were at the school, and also from the 2008, 2009 championship teams. 

M4PIroC.jpg

rOxMtqr.jpg

With Notre Dame i went very new and crazy. The shamrock has a celtic design, which is also featured on the blue helmet. the gold helmet has a bright green chrome facemask. Also kept a similar striping to what they already have now.

Syracuse- Everythibg is clean and classic. The sleeve stripes just complete the look. Good job 

Notre Dame- I love the number font. The stripes on the bottom of the jersey and shorts compliment each other very well. Love everything so far!

Notre Dame update: Changed the shamrocks to gold on both jerseys. I really want the green to clash and stand out. I was, however, clearly in the minority so the shamrock was changed.

C2Ne5Jk.jpg

HAtSqkp.jpg

Next up Duke and North Carolina!

For Duke black has returned to the uniforms. A similar stripe to the basketball uniforms is used on the shorts as well as the stripes on the jersey having the same outline technique as the shorts stripe. Also, the gradient helmet is gone and replace with simple white or blue helmets.

uZOxMJH.jpg

6d1Fagt.jpg

North Carolina get a pretty serious overhaul. The argyle pattern appears on the shorts and the side of the jerseys. The chrome helmet was pretty much stolen from the football team. Besides the argyle pattern the uniforms are pretty simplistic like North Carolina's uniforms have traditionally been,

oFVnPdk.jpg

KcSvSRM.jpg

I like Duke a lot and like the way you incorporated the stripe from the basketball uniforms, definitely an upgrade.  I'm not so convinced on Carolina however, maybe make the away jerseys Carolina blue, I don't love the dark blue look for them.  Also, something is off about that 7 in the font.  Other than that, it would be great to see some argyle on the Carolina lacrosse.  

P.S. Not sure if you noticed, but it still says team name on the Carolina concepts :P

8 hours ago, BengalPumaOcelot said:

I like Duke a lot and like the way you incorporated the stripe from the basketball uniforms, definitely an upgrade.  I'm not so convinced on Carolina however, maybe make the away jerseys Carolina blue, I don't love the dark blue look for them.  Also, something is off about that 7 in the font.  Other than that, it would be great to see some argyle on the Carolina lacrosse.  

P.S. Not sure if you noticed, but it still says team name on the Carolina concepts :P

did not notice that carolina was still team name, will definitely fix that thanks!

North Carolina update: Changed the away jersey to carolina blue, fixed the team name in the top right corner, fixed the 7.

dV1zCZj.jpg

WF7Xpbh.jpg

The final team of the ACC is Virginia. i struggled with them so id like to hear as much feedback as possible on the good, the bad, and the ugly with this concept. I kept their all navy helmet with the orange outline logo and orange facemask since i love that helmet. Went with a different style of piping on the jersey.

oJP5fB6.jpg

cEbZ7K1.jpg

C&C always welcome and needed!

Well with no comments I am moving on to the Big Ten starting with Ohio State and Rutgers

Ohio State gets a serious change from what they have now. The shoulder yoke is based on what their hockey team has with the buckeye logo as the shoulder patch. The keep their silver helmet with the stripe down the middle, however the stripe does not continue onto the facemask anymore.

zr157jT.jpg

l6PkkId.jpg

Rutgers is pretty simple. Kept it clean and classic. Only the font is the really sort of crazy thing here, but even that isnt too wild. The shorts stripe is based off of what the football team has as their pant stripe.

xf4Gu2G.jpg

zd2lGbj.jpg

Ohio State Update:

Decided to switch the home jersey to gray, its still light enough where it wont create any issues with any teams they face. The yoke on the away jersey also becomes gray. Also added an extra outline on the numbers. Only one pair of shorts for both jerseys.

ohio State.jpgohio State2.jpg

Moving on to Johns Hopkins and Penn State

Hopkins:

For hopkins I went super basic. It kind of reminds me of the uniforms they had when paul rabil was first there but i added piping to the jersey. the wing helmet is now white, no chrome.Hopkins.JPGHopkins2.JPG

Penn State:

Another pretty basic team. The jerseys are the same they've used for a couple of years now, I love they way they look. The shorts get Penn State script. The real change is no more gray helmet and the penn state wordmark on the chest is different that what they have now.Pennst.JPGPennst2.JPG

As always C&C is appreciated and needed!

Finishing off the Big Ten with Michigan and Maryland.

Michigan:

Although they are technically adidas sponsored, I gave the under armour jerseys. Went with side stripes similar to georgia swarm of the NLL and a Michigan throwback football jersey. Considered going solid blue or outlined side panels on the yellow

jersey.

Michigan2.PNGMichigan.PNG

Maryland:

Didn't go crazy with the flag. Basically what they have now with different shorts. Maryland is the only team with three jerseys right now.

Maryland.PNGMaryland2.PNGMaryland3.PNG

I would love to hear any opinions, good or bad, on these teams or the previous. The more C&C the better!

Moving on to the Ivy League. 

Starting off with Penn:

Almost all the Ivy League teams are going to be super basic to give a traditional feel. The shorts stripe for Penn is supposed to emulate the P logo a little bit, half red half white. Also, the stripes on the sides of the jersey are supposed to lead into the shorts stripe. Considered going white numbers on the away but kinda liked how the red looked. 

Screen Shot 2016-05-03 at 11.53.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-03 at 11.53.39 PM.png

Now with Yale:

Yale is pretty basic, like i mentioned earlier to give a traditional feel. Double stripes on the sleeves and shorts are similar to that used in other sports, especially hockey. Screen Shot 2016-05-03 at 11.54.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-03 at 11.53.57 PM.png

Brown and Harvard will be up tomorrow. Dartmouth, Cornell, and Princeton will be up by the end of the week. The Ivy league will be my last conference because Friday I will lose my ability to access Adobe Illustrator.

Up next, Brown and Havard!

Harvard gets some sleeve stripes and shorts stripes. What they have now is plain, which works well for them, but these stripes still give off a traditional feel.Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 8.06.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 8.03.20 PM.png

Brown doesn't get anything revolutionary, just touch ups on their current uniforms. Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 8.04.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-05 at 8.05.05 PM.png

C&C welcome, the rest of the Ivy League will be posted tomorrow!

Archived