NBA's New Jersey Swamp Dragons/Fire Dragons

tron1013

20 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

No way. Dragons is a high-ranking KKK title. It would never fly as an NBA team name

250px-Washington_Wizards.svg.png

wait nvm

You know, I've said that the Charlotte Bobcats should have remained the Charlotte Bobcats, only in teal and purple with pinstripes and jersey scripts set in Rockwell Bold Condensed. People told me it was a bad idea, but come to think of it, that's basically what the Washington Wizards are doing by being the Bullets in everything but name. Sigh. I hate the Wizards.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Rockwell Bold Condensed

OH MY GOD.

I set all of my lecture slides in Rockwell. I grew up a huge Hornets fan. I didn't realize the Hornets' font was Rockwell until now.

You've just made my day week month?!?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

If it's not Rockwell Bold Condensed on the old jerseys, it is very, very close.

817WVFdii2L._SL1500_.jpg

Also, plain old Rockwell is just a poor man's Lubalin Graph. Upgrade!

4 minutes ago, the admiral said:

If it's not Rockwell Bold Condensed on the old jerseys, it is very, very close.

Also, plain old Rockwell is just a poor man's Lubalin Graph. Upgrade!

Went with something that would be a standard font on most computers, or at least newer versions of Windows. Rockwell won out over Franklin Gothic Demi. It used to irk me when professors always used Arial or Calibri or whatever - nothing wrong with using those for writing papers, but I liked a little variety in class.

Still, this excites me way, way more than it should. I've been unconsciously using the Hornets font for my slides for the past year. Yes!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

People who print in Verdana should have their knuckles rapped. It's only for screens!

Franklin Gothic isn't bad. It's nice and clear. Trade Gothic is even better.

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

People who print in Verdana should have their knuckles rapped. It's only for screens!

Franklin Gothic isn't bad. It's nice and clear. Trade Gothic is even better.

What should be done to those you use Comic Sans? 

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

MOD EDIT

Bro... that's... wow.  That's... imaginative, and, painful and gruesome.  I would seriously recommend a professional examination - anyone that thinks like that isn't safe to be in public unsupervised.  Like... no joke.

EDIT: I see the mods got to it before anyone else saw it.  You're lucky.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

45 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Bro... that's... wow.  That's... imaginative, and, painful and gruesome.  I would seriously recommend a professional examination - anyone that thinks like that isn't safe to be in public unsupervised.  Like... no joke.

EDIT: I see the mods got to it before anyone else saw it.  You're lucky.

Booooo. I wanted to see the kind of gruesome torture Admiral came up with. Did it involve Dan Gilbert in any way?

No you're better off. I think I need counseling after reading it. Definitely not going to sleep tonight. First time in 12 years I had to use the report button.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 hours ago, the admiral said:

A big reason why IKEA switched from Futura to Verdana — cost. Every computer has Verdana installed as one of the default fonts. You don't have to pay money (Futura) for a font that comes with every computer. So you can use the same font on-screen and in print.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

On April 10, 2016 at 1:27 PM, sc49erfan15 said:

No way. Dragons is a high-ranking KKK title. It would never fly as an NBA team name

250px-Washington_Wizards.svg.png

wait nvm

Strangely enough, the supposed front runner to replace Bullets was Dragons at one point (The Verizon Center is in Chinatown after all).  Am I the only one who thinks that the designers swapped some colors here and there and tried to present it to Bullets brass? After all, O'Grady did end up designing the Wizards set. 

Seriously, imagine Georghe Muresan rocking that Dragons jersey. Hell, Jordan could've maybe even worn them. What kinda sorcery would that be?

9 hours ago, cappital92 said:

Seriously, imagine Georghe Muresan rocking that Dragons jersey. Hell, Jordan could've maybe even worn them. What kinda sorcery would that be?

No way they would have lasted till Jordan's Wizards days.

Archived