2016 NHL Playoffs, Rite of Spring: "You thought God was an architect"

ninersdd

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Minnesota's down 0-2.

They came back from that deficit against the Avs 2 years ago. Can they pull off a repeat?

While I refuse to write them off, here's a bad omen- since 1994, everytime a conference regular season #1 seed has been upset in round 1, the lower seed has gotten either a split or gone up 2-0.

Between last night's Blues game and the first goal in Stars/Wild, I have no idea what a goal is in this league.

But oh hey, Sharks are 2-0. Man, that sure makes me sleep better at night! 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

7 hours ago, the admiral said:

Jamie Benn is glaring disapprovingly at a mox-buncher.

I'm assuming that Jamie Benn is going to be this post season's Dustin Brown. 

While I'm not a jersey snob or get my knickers all bunched up over it but I do find when people do this amusing:

CgPwXPDUMAA9uM7.jpg 

As much as I like the current Stars uniforms, I do miss the All Star Game rip off set. 

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

12 hours ago, Alex Houston said:

Between last night's Blues game and the first goal in Stars/Wild, I have no idea what a goal is in this league.

But oh hey, Sharks are 2-0. Man, that sure makes me sleep better at night! 

I can see how they'd call it a goal when the net was/wasn't all the way off, but the fact that Rousell kicked the puck, AND says he kicked it, means Toronto messed up big time... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On April 16, 2016 at 10:55 PM, Alex Houston said:

Unless the Blues can sneak one out of the UC - and it isn't going to happen Sunday, I can tell you that - then this series is as good as dead.

That's why they play the games.

I don't get the Blackhawks.  So indecisive leaving neutral ice & terribly sloppy the whole way.  I get it, their defensive depth chart is hilariously bad after the top two, but they're still stingy with allowing goals.  Simply need to tap that Blackhawks magic and bury the clutch goals.  Hard to do that when you can barely cross the blue line.  Credit to the Blues, they're an annoying bunch of losers, but as they say, the truth will out.  If the Blues can flummox the Blackhawks, all the more power to them, but these gift goals are gonna dry up. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

4 hours ago, Heitert said:

First playoff win in Chicago in almost 15 years. Wow. 

DDR, I don't know why it quoted you but I'm on mobile and I can't erase it for some reason. 

If you had previously aborted a post in a thread, the next time you come to said thread it'll have stored what you typed. Perhaps you aborted a post that quoted me.

Archived