ninersdd

2016 NHL Playoffs, Rite of Spring: "You thought God was an architect"

More spine tingling stuff from HNIC with their trailer for tonight's action:

11 minutes ago, mcj882000 said:

That video's already been removed. Bummer.

Shoot. 

In other news, Braden Holtby is a legend

Well, Minnesota's down 0-2.

They came back from that deficit against the Avs 2 years ago. Can they pull off a repeat?

While I refuse to write them off, here's a bad omen- since 1994, everytime a conference regular season #1 seed has been upset in round 1, the lower seed has gotten either a split or gone up 2-0.

So far, it's been all Sharks vs the Kings. Although we know their inevitable collapse isn't a matter of if, but when.

Much like the 3rd Period of Game 1, the Kings are kicking back, waiting for the Sharks to do themselves in as they typically do. So far, it's been anything BUT that.

This thread is so quiet when there's no Blues/Blackhawks/Ducks games going on

Indeed

I'm sure people said the same thing in 2014, but this appears to be a vastly different Sharks team.  If they can pull off the win tonight, watch out.

Jamie Benn is glaring disapprovingly at a mox-buncher.

Between last night's Blues game and the first goal in Stars/Wild, I have no idea what a goal is in this league.

But oh hey, Sharks are 2-0. Man, that sure makes me sleep better at night! 

Yeah, I'll believe it when they close out win #4. 

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

BJuOrOe.jpg

7 hours ago, the admiral said:

I'm assuming that Jamie Benn is going to be this post season's Dustin Brown. 

While I'm not a jersey snob or get my knickers all bunched up over it but I do find when people do this amusing:

CgPwXPDUMAA9uM7.jpg 

As much as I like the current Stars uniforms, I do miss the All Star Game rip off set. 

12 hours ago, Alex Houston said:

Between last night's Blues game and the first goal in Stars/Wild, I have no idea what a goal is in this league.

But oh hey, Sharks are 2-0. Man, that sure makes me sleep better at night! 

I can see how they'd call it a goal when the net was/wasn't all the way off, but the fact that Rousell kicked the puck, AND says he kicked it, means Toronto messed up big time... 

On April 16, 2016 at 10:55 PM, Alex Houston said:

Unless the Blues can sneak one out of the UC - and it isn't going to happen Sunday, I can tell you that - then this series is as good as dead.

That's why they play the games.

I don't get the Blackhawks.  So indecisive leaving neutral ice & terribly sloppy the whole way.  I get it, their defensive depth chart is hilariously bad after the top two, but they're still stingy with allowing goals.  Simply need to tap that Blackhawks magic and bury the clutch goals.  Hard to do that when you can barely cross the blue line.  Credit to the Blues, they're an annoying bunch of losers, but as they say, the truth will out.  If the Blues can flummox the Blackhawks, all the more power to them, but these gift goals are gonna dry up. 

On April 14, 2016 at 11:11 PM, DDR said:

First playoff win in Chicago in almost 15 years. Wow. 

DDR, I don't know why it quoted you but I'm on mobile and I can't erase it for some reason. 

4 hours ago, Heitert said:

First playoff win in Chicago in almost 15 years. Wow. 

DDR, I don't know why it quoted you but I'm on mobile and I can't erase it for some reason. 

If you had previously aborted a post in a thread, the next time you come to said thread it'll have stored what you typed. Perhaps you aborted a post that quoted me.

Three Islander goals in the second period. Sounds to me like the first star of this game is gonna be Honky the Car.