2016 NHL Playoffs, Rite of Spring: "You thought God was an architect"

ninersdd

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And anybody from St. Louis shouldn't be angry about anything. You guys have Seoul Taco, for Christ's sake!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

7 minutes ago, Brass said:

And anybody from St. Louis shouldn't be angry about anything. You guys have Seoul Taco, for Christ's sake!

I had to look that up. Born and raised in St. Louis and I've never heard of it until now. It makes sense, though, I never spent much time in The Delmar Loop. 

6 minutes ago, Heitert said:

Dammit, I've found myself liking two posts of good ol' Andy tonight. It's just so funny to see him worked up. 

Hey, it's a good series. The Blues still need one more. I'm not comfortable yet. 

I get riled up in the heat of the moment, but it's basically tradition. 

I wish there was video of Quenneville beating the piss out of Shaw in the locker room.  Granted Ladd & Keith's penalties blew the game & killed momentum before Shaw degenerated into a white trash cartoon character, but it's clear that this team is struggling with the same things it has all season.  Lack of identity and almost exclusively relying on the Bread/Kane line to generate offense is a really poor way to win hockey games, much less with the bottom 2 pairs of defensemen that are either too old, too bad, or too green. 

I predicted earlier today that the Blackhawks would lose tonight, win the next two and lose in OT in game 7, just like the 2011 Vancouver series sorta, where the Canucks celebrated their win like they had just discovered the cure for cancer & achieved world peace.  Thankfully things would be set right a few weeks later when the Bruins cuckolded them right back, precipitating the Great 2011 Butthurt Vancouver Riot of 2011. 

This Blues team, while not featuring the outright scum of Burrows, Torres, & the "I wipe my ass with a silk napkin" Sedins, feels in a way a lot like that team.  I'm hoping for similar results, riot and all.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Just like that, the good ol' Freeway Series suddenly has life.

In the other West bracket, St. Louis vs Dallas seems inevitable now. Welp.

The Minnesota Wild never say die against teams not named Chicago.

Shaw played this whole game acting like a complete goon. It was actually the most entertaining aspect of the entire 'Hawks display tonight. 

Elliott's just been rock solid in goal. The Blues almost blew the game after taking their feet off the gas after that unassisted Steen goal. They just looked flat. As if they were playing the game with a 4 goal lead in the regular season. 

While I don't think the Blackhawks will go away quietly. I'd really like to see the Blues win the series at home, preferably in Game 5; I don't know if my heart can take a seven-game series against a team such as the Blackhawks. I mean, if not for superb goaltending by Elliott, this series may be 3-1 in favor of the 'Hawks. 

Maybe I'm just biased, but I really can't see why anyone would outright hate this Blues team. They've got some of the most exciting young players in the league and it's not like they have the Stanley Cup victories to make everyone else in the league jealous. 

Bad enough watching the Hawks get smacked around wire to wire, now we have to deal with the virtue-signalling prigs yet again, pretending that dumb jocks still don't call each other homos all the time. Cool.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So... The Ducks got back into the series. Andersen pitched a shutout, so fans are quick to overreact with "GIBSON SUX. ANDERSEN >>>> GIBSON!" However, I maintain neither goalie would've won with the Ducks' effort in front of them in Game 1/2. And the defense and board play was so much better in Game 3. Helped Andersen a lot.

Just much better overall controlled game from the Ducks. One more time and we'll be clean slate. Let's go.

----

Again back to the eternal Chicago/St. Louis pissfest.

My lone contribution: I'll agree and claim Shaw is human garbage.

Good day! Continue...

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

6 hours ago, the admiral said:

Bad enough watching the Hawks get smacked around wire to wire, now we have to deal with the virtue-signalling prigs yet again, pretending that dumb jocks still don't call each other homos all the time. Cool.

Yeah, we should be okay with it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

7 hours ago, Heitert said:

I had to look that up. Born and raised in St. Louis and I've never heard of it until now. It makes sense, though, I never spent much time in The Delmar Loop. 

My best buddy moved to St. Louis a few years back. I fly out to visit every 6 months or so. The two places I need to get to when I'm there are Schlafly and Seoul Taco. I need both in my life a hell of a lot more.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived