2016 NHL Playoffs, Rite of Spring: "You thought God was an architect"

ninersdd

11 hours ago, Heitert said:

Maybe I'm just biased, but I really can't see why anyone would outright hate this Blues team.

Your captain is David Backes.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Yeah, we should be okay with it.

Not okay with it, but these dopes on twitter getting the vapors over it are just putting on a show. I'm not impressed.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Andrew Shaw suspended for game 5, fined for flipping off the officials, forced to face the media and issue a statement today, and must undergo sensitivity training.  I'd say that's appropriate.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

3 hours ago, Heitert said:

And I've said it before... I don't see the hate for him. Not when Chicago has the likes of Seabrook, Kane, and Shaw. 

We're hateable in a different way.  Kind of like a Gregg Williams-coached defense.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

6 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Andrew Shaw suspended for game 5, fined for flipping off the officials, forced to face the media and issue a statement today, and must undergo sensitivity training.  I'd say that's appropriate.

People weren't this mad when Rajon Rondo called an actual gay ref gay, but then I guess the Sacramento Kings aren't big-time enough to have their own Sam Fels/Tim Baffoe/Casey Rathunde/Julie DiCaro/Jen Lute Costella patrolling their every move. It's a tradeoff I'll ultimately take.

31 minutes ago, CS85 said:

I agree with you, and the moment with the press had a whole different tone than what went down in South Bend. Shaw seemed genuinely upset, and whether that's because he realized what he did on his own or someone informed him of it, that's good. Because as anyone who's watched local TV knows, Shaw ain't much of an actor. He personally apologized to Chris Hine (Hawks beat writer who came out last month) after the scrum, too. Hopefully he learns and doesn't tap this particular vein of stupidity again wherever he's playing next season.

Don't worry, admiral, you can still use the homophobic slurs you hold dear as much as you like. Use them en masse on this board, in fact. Don't let the SJW mods infringe on your right to retrograde bro culture. Because other people do it, so we shouldn't talk about it being unacceptable.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

6 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Don't worry, admiral, you can still use the homophobic slurs you hold dear as much as you like. Use them en masse on this board, in fact. Don't let the SJW mods infringe on your right to retrograde bro culture. Because other people do it, so we shouldn't talk about it being unacceptable.

When did I say I "held them dear"? When have I ever been a bro? Aren't you just woke as f-ck! Don't make these bad-faith arguments with me. I get enough Committed Indian from the actual Committed Indian.

1 minute ago, Sodboy13 said:

I agree with you, and the moment with the press had a whole different tone than what went down in South Bend. Shaw seemed genuinely upset, and whether that's because he realized what he did on his own or someone informed him of it, that's good. Because as anyone who's watched local TV knows, Shaw ain't much of an actor. He personally apologized to Chris Hine (Hawks beat writer who came out last month) after the scrum, too. Hopefully he learns and doesn't tap this particular vein of stupidity again wherever he's playing next season.

Hine did a really nice interview on WSCR this morning that rode on the tails of this really great piece he did w/ the Tribune.  Shaw maybe realized that while he's a very poor man's Dave Bolland/Adam Burish lovechild, he's certainly not Patrick Kane, and acting like such a brazen, outward jackass is a great way to play out the rest of your career on teams that don't regularly make the playoffs, much less have decorated stars surrounding him to pad his stat sheet.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

What I don't understand is the fact that they took action on this word. They don't care about any other swear word, and they wouldn't. Does anyone else find that odd? 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

No, it looks bad when they tried to be the league most in front on fighting homophobia, and abuse of officials is generally frowned upon. Still, from the way the performatives acted last night/this morning, you'd think Shaw strung up a body Laramie-style. I mean what is this, really:

"Well, here we are again. Me staring at you, wondering if this is finally the time you’ll do the right thing. You think you’re sick of it…"

To think you're actually staring anyone down over this, come on. The high horses some of these people are on, it's ridiculous.

Flyers got one back. Caps didn't play too terribly well tonight but Michal Neuvirth looked other-worldly in goal. 

3-1 heading to Verizon Center on Friday. 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

What I don't understand is the fact that they took action on this word. They don't care about any other swear word, and they wouldn't. Does anyone else find that odd? 

They took action and suspended Krys Barch when he used a racial slur in reference to PK Subban. Homophobia and racism both have no place in sports, no matter what the bible thumpers think.

6 hours ago, Morgo said:

I guess social justice warriors are now expert lip readers :rolleyes:.  Where's the audio of the alleged slur?

...are you serious? That doesn't take an expert to read his lips. You can clearly tell what he's saying.

Well, in any case, it's possible that we have seen Shaw in a Blackhawks uniform for the last time. I'd hate for his time with the team to end under these circumstances, especially if the team is eliminated by the :censored:ing Blues, but that kind of language has no place in the game. Sure, I'm sure players use it (and worse) all the time when the cameras and mics aren't on them, but he should know better when the game is on.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived