2016 NHL Playoffs, Rite of Spring: "You thought God was an architect"

ninersdd

1 minute ago, the admiral said:

Now If Kane keeps owning dudes like this in the next two games we'll be somewhere.

To be fair, he and Toews combined for 2 SOG through 3 periods and OT, so it wasn't until he decided to reinstall Kane.exe in the final OT that he put on a little razzle dazzle.  I guess there was the half-interested spinarama earlier, but I digress.

4 minutes ago, DDR said:

I have no clue what'll happen in Games 6 and 7 (if necessary), but you've been the ultimate Hawks pessimist for years now, and 3 out of the last 6 times it's ended in a Cup. So I guess what I'm saying, is carry on.

This is the way of things.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, what a ball-buster for the Blues. You get left for dead at the start of the 3rd and just need one more to finally put them away but alas, it's not meant to be. It'll be interesting to see how they respond on Saturday. Granted, I still say this is going seven, but hey, the Blues took two on the road. Who the hell knows where this is going.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

1 minute ago, CS85 said:

To be fair, he and Toews combined for 2 SOG through 3 periods and OT

Yeah, I really don't like that David Backes is outperforming Jonathan Toews considering I once compared Backes unfavorably to Bryan Bickell and I'd really prefer to stand by that assessment.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just now, the admiral said:

Yeah, I really don't like that David Backes is outperforming Jonathan Toews considering I once compared Backes unfavorably to Bryan Bickell and I'd really prefer to stand by that assessment.

I shuddered inwardly at this.  It is horrible all around, but posterity giveth & taketh away.

Also I found this on reddit and I'm still cackling:

IuWPUsm.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I also once said that Backes has a cartoonishly aggrieved derpface like he's always about to yell NEEEEEEERRRRRRDDSSSSSSS!!!!!, but at least that one has held up.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

And douche Milbury throws shade at Foley, saying that if that's the case then they should get a replacement so he can get a good nights sleep.

It would make sense if they were playing someone in the Pacific time zone but two teams from the Midwest getting nearly 9pm starts is pretty stupid. 

twitter

3 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

And douche Milbury throws shade at Foley, saying that if that's the case then they should get a replacement so he can get a good nights sleep.

If Foley says players and coaches don't like it, I'll take his word for it and assume he's spoken to players and coaches about the subject. And when Foley says fans don't like it, he's absolutely right. 

So what's the issue, Milbury?

Also of note: the home team in this series is 1-4. Not exactly what we'd expect but of course, you expect craziness in the playoffs.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

5 minutes ago, Alex Houston said:

Also of note: the home team in this series is 1-4. Not exactly what we'd expect but of course, you expect craziness in the playoffs.

Here's hoping we end up 2-5.

26 minutes ago, Alex Houston said:

Man, what a ball-buster for the Blues. You get left for dead at the start of the 3rd and just need one more to finally put them away but alas, it's not meant to be. It'll be interesting to see how they respond on Saturday. Granted, I still say this is going seven, but hey, the Blues took two on the road. Who the hell knows where this is going.

This would have been a real deflator for the Blues if they had the 3-1 3rd period lead instead of what happened.

The fact that they tied it (whereas in years past it's probably 4-1) might be pause for cause 

27 minutes ago, the admiral said:

1st star of the game: Pat Foley for telling everyone what crap it is that games in Central Time are starting at 8:40 and getting cut off national TV for his troubles:

2nd star of the game: Corey Crawford

3rd star of the game: Honky the Car sending good vibes from afar

Now that they've started selling Sparky dolls they should come out with a Honky one, too.

I'm perfectly fine with the Red Wings making the playoffs every year if it prevents them from ever going through a true rebuild and they always lose in the first round. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

8 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

This would have been a real deflator for the Blues if they had the 3-1 3rd period lead instead of what happened.

The fact that they tied it (whereas in years past it's probably 4-1) might be pause for cause 

If there's anything such as a 'productive' loss, I think last night's was definitely an example. Like I said, I'll be intrigued to see what their gameplan is for Saturday. I just can't see Chicago being winless on home ice this entire series, so if I were a betting man, I see this one going the distance. And I know Hawks fans would just be happy to be alive, but knowing that Dallas is likely waiting for you in the second round should they get through has got to damper that celebration just a tad. 

51 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I'm perfectly fine with the Red Wings making the playoffs every year if it prevents them from ever going through a true rebuild and they always lose in the first round. 

My thoughts exactly. Seems like they want to keep the playoff streak in tact at the expense of actually rebuilding. Until they address their glaring problems they will be a middle to lower of the pack team.

Hell, if you listen to Detroit sports talk radio all they have to do is trade Howard, the rights to Datsyuk, sign Stamkos, trade for Subban and some how get Yzerman and Nill out of their contracts in Tampa and Dallas and bring them back to Detroit.

Its that simple. 

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Archived