2016 NHL Playoffs, Rite of Spring: "You thought God was an architect"

ninersdd

Question; how many damned turnovers did the Lightning give up last night? It seemed like they were coughing up the puck every fifteen seconds.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First Jake Arrieta, a former Oriole, throws his second no-no yesterday, and now Michal Neuvirth, a former Cap, is on track to give his team a win in Game 5. Through two periods, Philly has registered 9 shots on goal and scored on a fluke bounce. 

spacer.png

I don't think I've ever been more frustrated by a game of sports than tonight. 

You're not supposed to be able to win a hockey game on about 10-15 shots on goal. You're not supposed to be able to win a hockey game when literally the only thing you're doing well is relying on your goalie and blocking shots. 

Im so freaking mad right now it's not even funny. 

Flyers in 7 God dang games. 

spacer.png

I think that's 86 saves out of 87 shots on net for Michal Neuvirth in these past two games. This is rather quite cruel, and shades of what Jaro Halak did six years ago to the Capitals as well, albeit, on a much worse team than these Flyers are.

Yeah, this isn't gonna quell the fears of Capitals fans at all regardless of how well they've actually played in these two losses.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Crabcake47 said:

I don't think I've ever been more frustrated by a game of sports than tonight. 

You're not supposed to be able to win a hockey game on about 10-15 shots on goal. You're not supposed to be able to win a hockey game when literally the only thing you're doing well is relying on your goalie and blocking shots. 

Im so freaking mad right now it's not even funny. 

Flyers in 7 God dang games. 

I watched most of this game.  Only the second hockey game I watched all year.  I can't believe how much better the Capitals looked than the Flyers - it seemed like 50 minutes of the game were spent in Washington's offensive zone.  The Flyers goalie (not going to try to spell his name) was ridiculous, and their defensemen are probably all bruised up from taking so many shots.  It hink the shots were like 44-10 or something close to that.  May have been even more lopsided.  Oh well.. that's how it goes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I watched most of this game.  Only the second hockey game I watched all year.  I can't believe how much better the Capitals looked than the Flyers - it seemed like 50 minutes of the game were spent in Washington's offensive zone.  The Flyers goalie (not going to try to spell his name) was ridiculous, and their defensemen are probably all bruised up from taking so many shots.  It hink the shots were like 44-10 or something close to that.  May have been even more lopsided.  Oh well.. that's how it goes.

What makes this sting even more is that Neuvirth used to be a Cap. 

image.gif

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I think that's 86 saves out of 87 shots on net for Michal Neuvirth in these past two games. This is rather quite cruel, and shades of what Jaro Halak did six years ago to the Capitals as well, albeit, on a much worse team than these Flyers are.

Yeah, this isn't gonna quell the fears of Capitals fans at all regardless of how well they've actually played in these two losses.

If the Caps actually do choke this series away, not only will it be IMO the one of the worst chokes in hockey history, it will prove that the Capitals are eternally cursed and will never win a Stanley Cup in the franchise's history. 

spacer.png

Imo it's absolutely imperative for the Caps to get the lead in Game 6. They've gone behind in each of the last two losses, and tonight after their fluke goal, the Flyers essentially pulled a Chelsea and just dropped all 5 guys back into the zone. If the Caps can get the lead than they can prevent that bus from parking. 

spacer.png

I don't think that was the flyers strategy. They didn't drop back they were forced back. They tried to play offense they just weren't good enough. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Capitals have dominated every single game in the series and the Flyers have gotten very good goaltending in the last two. This isn't a case of LOL CAPS CHOCKE. I'll bet a Tub they take game 6 by two goals. Neuvirth can't face that many shots and not let a few in. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I don't think that was the flyers strategy. They didn't drop back they were forced back. They tried to play offense they just weren't good enough. 

Yeah, that could've been it. Idk, watching the game, it seemed deliberate, but that could've been my homerism. 

Anyway, Sunday will be tense around the house, there's no doubt of that. 

spacer.png

Nobody tries to get outshot 44-10.  That's just dumb. 

Archived