2016 NHL Playoffs, Rite of Spring: "You thought God was an architect"

ninersdd

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, the admiral said:

wah wah wah no not Minnesota they can't beat chicAAAAHHHgo I need my inked-up f-ckboy Tyler Seguin

HURRAY MINNY'S OUT SO WE CAN SEE SOMEONE ELSE!!!!

And how many of those people were happy to see LA win twice, and Chicago 3 times in 5 years. Another MIN-CHI series would have been the best one yet. Chicago wouldn't want to lose to us after going 0-4-1 this year, and Minnesota would have really gunning to beat Chicago in a series. It would be a lot better than a CHI-DAL series. (Dallas destroyed Chicago all year.) 

And I'm only going to say this once. If Minnesota ever wins a Cup (In the NEAR future) and doesn't have to play Chicago in a series, everyone will say that it was because we didn't lose the Chicago. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

5 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

HURRAY MINNY'S OUT SO WE CAN SEE SOMEONE ELSE!!!!

And how many of those people were happy to see LA win twice, and Chicago 3 times in 5 years. Another MIN-CHI series would have been the best one yet. Chicago wouldn't want to lose to us after going 0-4-1 this year, and Minnesota would have really gunning to beat Chicago in a series. It would be a lot better than a CHI-DAL series. (Dallas destroyed Chicago all year.) 

And I'm only going to say this once. If Minnesota ever wins a Cup (In the NEAR future) and doesn't have to play Chicago in a series, everyone will say that it was because we didn't lose the Chicago. 

I don't see Dallas beating Chicago.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

He won't get the opportunity.  They're committed to Mason... 

... I think.

I feel like the Penguins have the same goalie situation right now. Murray has a small sample size, but he's been insanely good when he has played. Fleury has been out for some time, but when he gets healthy, do you ride with experience or with the hot hand? i don't wanna know how they deal with the goalie situation at season's end either. Some tough decisions are going to be made. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

How about John Tavares scoring with under a minute on the clock to force overtime. HONK HONK BITCHES

Double overtime up next. This series has been the best one outside of Hawks-Blues. So much talent on both rosters.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

21 hours ago, LMU said:

That there is the issue.  If Martinez isn't the other top defender alongside Doughty then who is?  Muzzin?  Old Man Scuderi?  Schenn?  McNabb/Bain?  Greene was out all year.  Do any of those other guys scream top line?  Hell, I hate to say it, but they were really missing the wife beater.  It also didn't help matters that when the Kings started to flounder at the end of the regular season it was right when Gaborik and later Martinez got hurt.  They tried to reinsert Gabby in Game 2 but it was a desperation move since the lines didn't have any time to mesh.

The bottom line in the Sharks series was that the Kings didn't have the defense, the penalty kill wet the bed, and the Sharks had two years of pent up frustration that they finally had the chance to rid.  It wasn't a choke job at all.

Muzzin?

You guys are looking WAY too much into this joke

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

37 minutes ago, Coast2CoastAM2006 said:

I don't see Dallas beating Chicago.

Despite their vulnerabilities becoming apparent in their lackluster ending to the Minnesota series, they went a surprising 4-1 in the head-to-head against Chicago, scoring twenty goals over five games. I mean, they could lay a fat one on the ice in that series, but they've made their case at getting the best odds. 

And damn, I was hoping for a civil war in Florida. Oh well, go Bolts. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

I was 6 months old when the Isles last won a playoff series, so this is basically my first experience of winning a playoff series.

It's damned great.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

I know the good-sportsmanship thing to say here is "don't worry, Panthers fans, you're gonna get there really soon!", and they very well may, but it probably won't be with Roberto Luongo or Jaromir Jagr. Luongo had a good year and a terrific series, don't get me wrong, but Greiss still outplayed him, and heading into an age 39 season, you can't count on him to keep delivering the same results. And how much of their production this year was a function of Jagr? That's not even counting oldsters like Mitchell, Campbell, and Jokinen dropping off. But what a core.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 4/8/2016 at 9:57 PM, Kramerica Industries said:

In fairness, with [NYI's] injuries, you ain't beating Florida either. 

Erm...welp, there's a misfire.

Who's playing the Islanders next, anyway?

*checks*

oh jeezus. I don't even particularly find the matchup impossible, by any means, but Tampa hasn't won a game at the Islanders in five and a half years, so they pretty much have to be perfect on home ice otherwise.

Game on, Isles fans.

(in my defense, I'm pretty sure that post was written when it was still unknown if/when Hamonic would return. Travis Hamonic is kind of a big deal for the Islanders as far as them being successful goes, after all.)

spacer.png

Archived