2016 NHL Playoffs, Rite of Spring: "You thought God was an architect"

ninersdd

Tavares can thank the refs for TWO non-tripping no-calls when the net was empty.

Coach's challenges, a rare OT power play, and those no trip calls-  I hope they go another 20 years before winning in the playoffs.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Tavares can thank the refs for TWO non-tripping no-calls when the net was empty.

Coach's challenges, a rare OT power play, and those no trip calls-  I hope they go another 20 years before winning in the playoffs.

I hope the Sabres never see the playoffs again.

Love,

NYI fans 

1 minute ago, SabresRule7361 said:

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The only downside of this for me is that Capuano (and maybe the backup goalie GM) won't be fired at the end of the playoffs.  Right now, that's a downside I'm perfectly willing to accept.

20 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I know the good-sportsmanship thing to say here is "don't worry, Panthers fans, you're gonna get there really soon!", and they very well may, but it probably won't be with Roberto Luongo or Jaromir Jagr. Luongo had a good year and a terrific series, don't get me wrong, but Greiss still outplayed him, and heading into an age 39 season, you can't count on him to keep delivering the same results. And how much of their production this year was a function of Jagr? That's not even counting oldsters like Mitchell, Campbell, and Jokinen dropping off. But what a core.

Yeah, but it's warm there, Good Canadian Boys can go grocery shopping without being asked about the power play, they have a decent team, and there's no state income tax, so maybe they can attract some free agents to fill those holes.

5 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

The Islanders have a chance to beat Tampa.

Sure everybody has a chance at beating anyone, but considering the NYI-FLA was the worst series of these playoffs so far, I doubt they stand a chance. Neither New York or Florida looked good at all. 

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

4 minutes ago, TRoyConcepts said:

Sure everybody has a chance at beating anyone, but considering the NYI-FLA was the worst series of these playoffs so far, I doubt they stand a chance. Neither New York or Florida looked good at all. 

I just don't know how far Tampa could go without Stamkos.

2 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

I just don't know how far Tampa could go without Stamkos.

I'm sorry, but did you watch any of the TBL-DET series? Stamkos didn't even lead the team and points this year, it was Kucherov and boy has he showed up these playoffs. Bishop has been solid and their defence has been great without Stralman. The Isles don't even have their starter against one of the most offensive teams remaining. The Isles are done.

18 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

The Islanders have a chance to beat Tampa.

I second that. If the Isles can shut down Tampa's top line and can get a few by Bishop in the process, they could win this. Otherwise I see the Bolts wining.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

40 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I know the good-sportsmanship thing to say here is "don't worry, Panthers fans, you're gonna get there really soon!", and they very well may, but it probably won't be with Roberto Luongo or Jaromir Jagr. Luongo had a good year and a terrific series, don't get me wrong, but Greiss still outplayed him, and heading into an age 39 season, you can't count on him to keep delivering the same results. And how much of their production this year was a function of Jagr? That's not even counting oldsters like Mitchell, Campbell, and Jokinen dropping off. But what a core.

Montoya is a good 'Cat too.

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, TRoyConcepts said:

I'm sorry, but did you watch any of the TBL-DET series? Stamkos didn't even lead the team and points this year, it was Kucherov and boy has he showed up these playoffs. Bishop has been solid and their defence has been great without Stralman. The Isles don't even have their starter against one of the most offensive teams remaining. The Isles are done.

Newsflash...Bishop had a 4.41 GAA and .842 Save percentage against the Isles this season while Thomas Greiss, yes that back-up goalie of ours has 2 wins against Tampa Bay this season but don't let those facts get in the way of your biases.  The Isles have a chance.  It's not going to be pretty, it'll probably be high scoring but the Isles have a better chance than you want to give them credit for.

1 hour ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Only you could find something to hate about this.

59 minutes ago, TRoyConcepts said:

Three OT games? Two in Double OT? Series tied twice? 5 of 6 games decided by one goal? John Tavares? Honky the Car? OK.

And of course, its you too! You'd both be great at parties. Jeez.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

25 minutes ago, tp49 said:

Newsflash...Bishop had a 4.41 GAA and .842 Save percentage against the Isles this season while Thomas Greiss, yes that back-up goalie of ours has 2 wins against Tampa Bay this season but don't let those facts get in the way of your biases.  The Isles have a chance.  It's not going to be pretty, it'll probably be high scoring but the Isles have a better chance than you want to give them credit for.

Season series means nothing in the playoffs, how bout focus on how the teams were playing this past round. And how am I being biased? I'm not even a Bolts fan, then again it doesn't mean that much coming from a Islanders fan. I'll leave it at that.

10 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Only you could find something to hate about this.

Um, what? Three OT games? Two in Double OT? Series tied twice? 5 of 6 games decided by one goal? John Tavares? Honky the Car? OK.

And of course, its you too! You'd both be great at parties. Jeez.

Skill and competitiveness-wise, it was the worst. Didn't seem like playoff hockey at all. 

Those teams are dripping with skill! Tavares, Okposo, Nelson, Leddy, Barkov, Ekblad, Huberdeau, Smith, JAGR. You're a roasted pumpkin seed: totally and forever out of your gourd.

Luongo went 49/51 in a double-overtime loss. That's competitive!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

32 minutes ago, TRoyConcepts said:

Season series means nothing in the playoffs, how bout focus on how the teams were playing this past round. And how am I being biased? I'm not even a Bolts fan, then again it doesn't mean that much coming from a Islanders fan. I'll leave it at that.

And of course, Winnipeggers know ALL about playoff hockey.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

51 minutes ago, TRoyConcepts said:

It's at the very least a benchmark and a lot more evidence then you brought to the debate.  Based upon me actually using evidence and facts and you deciding to argue like a two year old you really should just leave the debate to the adults.  The kiddie table is over there in the corner.  Have a nice day.

Archived