2016 NHL Playoffs, Rite of Spring: "You thought God was an architect"

ninersdd

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

When Vancouver finally took out the Blackhawks in that 7th game (instead of finishing them off in 4-5...probably the weakest Chicago team since their run started)

2011 was a garbage roster but still came to play in that series. If Canuck Kryptonite Dave Bolland had been healthy (he missed most of the series with a concussion), they probably knock Vancouver out in six, garbage roster notwithstanding. 2012's team lost Toews down the stretch and was just a big dud. Other than the '09 Red Wings in season zero of the dynasty, the Coyotes were the only team to knock the Hawks out before Game 7 sudden death.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Roommate is furious with me because I would rather watch game 7 of this series than Game of Thrones.  I have officially delayed viewing GoT for 2 days, and thus am a terrible friend.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

4 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Roommate is furious with me because I would rather watch game 7 of this series than Game of Thrones.  I have officially delayed viewing GoT for 2 days, and thus am a terrible friend.

Sounds like your roommate has some messed up priorities. 

BB52Big.jpg

The Jekkyl/Hyde nature of these Blackhawks tonight doesn't make me feel good about the outcome, but I've been wrong a billion times.  Feel like 3-2 is your final.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

6 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Blues - Blackhawks is the Bengals-Steelers of the NHL. The Blues could have a lead, a better team, home crowd. They will find a way to blow it. 

Pretty much. The Blues taking the lead just makes the inevitable collapse that much worse. If I were a Blues fan, I think I'd prefer just giving up the go ahead goal at 2-2 over losing a 3rd period lead. On BASS, I predicted that the final score in this one would be 5-3 Hawks with the 5th goal being an empty netter. Looks like everything is right on course. 

BB52Big.jpg

28 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Trying to figure out if the Blues are more like the Sharks or the Bengals...

Bengals. Sharks can actually win a playoff series. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

9 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Blues - Blackhawks is the Bengals-Steelers of the NHL. The Blues could have a lead, a better team, home crowd. They will find a way to blow it. 

Yknow this is a pretty good analogy. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

What playoff team has the least canadians in their roster? USA will never win a gold medal in the Winter Olympics, but it's likely that hicktowns like Nashville, OR other US Cities will most likely win the Cup. I'm not happy about posting this though.....

Archived