2016 NHL Playoffs, Rite of Spring: "You thought God was an architect"

ninersdd

THE TRADITION IS ON TEMPORARY HIATUS!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CS85 said:

St. Louis fans are waiting around the building for the cup to be brought out, but somebody should probably let them know there's more of these.  Way more.  

Anyway, I've got an NFL team to worry about for the draft this Thursday, so if you'll excuse me.

Andy's gonna be doing the Super Bowl shuffle, hoping da Bears get more than 6 wins this year. 

1 minute ago, Heitert said:

Andy's gonna be watching his city's franchise play football in that city, because fans actually go to those games.  Also my micropenis doesn't make me any less of a man.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Hey, I'll gladly switch spots with you Andy. Believe me.

Anyways, Blues/Stars should be a fun one to watch. I hope for a freaking black and blue seven games there, while San Jose outlasts those pesky Ducks in six. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Just now, Alex Houston said:

Hey, I'll gladly switch spots with you Andy. Believe me.

Anyways, Blues/Stars should be a fun one to watch. I hope for a freaking black and blue seven games there, while San Jose outlasts those pesky Ducks in six. 

I'm totally on the Stars/Sharks/Bolts bandwagons.  It's honestly going to be kind of nice to take a couple months where I have no insane stress weighing me down night in and night out.  My scheduled has opened up immensely.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Initial emotions aside: Man what a helluva series. Double post late in the 3rd, the second time this series that that's happened to the 'Hawks, and the GWG by a falling Troy Brouwer. 

Honestly, I was ready to throw in the towel after the horrendous 2nd period. The only redeeming factor of said period was about the last five minutes or so. Even still the Blues had too many chances that they didn't capitalize on. 

This series should have been done in 5 but of course the Blackhawks were resilient as always. It really is a shame that this was a first round series. Obviously these are two teams that have the stamina to go deep into the playoffs. 

I'm ready for Dallas, though. It's gonna be a great series. And a damn good-looking one. Can we just take a moment to appreciate how good this series is going to look aesthetically? The Stars and Blues hit grand slams with their redesigns. Two of the best in the league, IMO. 

8 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Andy's gonna be watching his city's franchise play football in that city, because fans actually go to those games.  Also my micropenis doesn't make me any less of a man.

What the in blue fxxk?? :lol:

C'mon now, fellas. This is was an ice hockey thread.

6uXNWAo.png

13 minutes ago, CS85 said:

13 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Crappy ownership will do that to a city. Don't blame me, I had season tickets for over 15 years. 

St. Louis was just used as a pawn to get football back to L.A. 

But it were talking about hockey now and St. Louis still has a team. A good one, at that!

Leave it to Andy to whip out his (apparently small) penis voluntarily. 

On 4/5/2016 at 8:08 PM, TRoyConcepts said:

Am I the only one who thinks St. Louis would beat Chicago? (Other than rams)

On 4/5/2016 at 8:31 PM, FGM13 said:

Yup

On 4/5/2016 at 9:30 PM, Morgo said:

As Mr Mcmahon's theme music would say... They got no chance in hell.

On 4/5/2016 at 2:06 AM, BayouJim said:

After seeing the Blackhawks play the last couple weeks, no, you and Rams are not the only two who think the Blues can beat Chicago.

oh what was that.gif

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

On April 26, 2016 at 8:36 PM, Heitert said:

Initial emotions aside: Man what a helluva series. Double post late in the 3rd, the second time this series that that's happened to the 'Hawks, and the GWG by a falling Troy Brouwer. 

Honestly, I was ready to throw in the towel after the horrendous 2nd period. The only redeeming factor of said period was about the last five minutes or so. Even still the Blues had too many chances that they didn't capitalize on. 

This series should have been done in 5 but of course the Blackhawks were resilient as always. It really is a shame that this was a first round series. Obviously these are two teams that have the stamina to go deep into the playoffs. 

I'm ready for Dallas, though. It's gonna be a great series. And a damn good-looking one. Can we just take a moment to appreciate how good this series is going to look aesthetically? The Stars and Blues hit grand slams with their redesigns. Two of the best in the league, IMO. 

MOD EDIT  nonsense from you to actually address hockey thoughts:

• The Blackhawks in periods 1 and 3 were dismal, resuming their absolute inability to escape the annoying stickwork and physicality of the Blues.  You would've thought that they'd clearly shaken that over the last two, but obviously it wasn't happening.
  • David Rundblad is an abhorrent disgrace of an NHL defenseman, and I hope Q has a chloroform rag over his face right now, letting the light fade out of his eyes as he leaves hockey for the sweet easy grace of 1000 hockey hells.
  • Petroangelo is perhaps the most annoying player that I can't find a reason to hate.  He played a hell of a damn series and was obnoxious with his play the entire time.  Damn him.  DAMN THAT MAN.
  • The Blues players aren't going to spoil their Stanley Cup dreams. Their dumbass coach is.  You can count on that, so enjoy the moment.
  • Corey Crawford is an amazing goaltender.  People in Chicago seem to hate him a LOT (mostly dumbass callers to the various radio stations), but the guy is incredible.  
  • Not sure where Jonathan Toews left his scoring touch, but if he could find it before the 2017 playoffs, that'd be great.  

twitter

4 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Is this the part where I remind Rams80 that Winnipeg's not in the US?

Damnit.

Broader point stands.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So I guess we're going to go ahead and start the 2nd Round before the 1st Round is over. Tampa/Islanders Game 1 leads into Ducks/Perds Game 7. The NHL never does that.

I understand there's some arena availability in play here (Tampa has events Friday/Sunday, and Brooklyn has a Biebs concert next Wednesday/Thursday), but still, bad form I think. Oh well.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

On April 26, 2016 at 8:45 PM, CS85 said:

MOD EDIT nonsense from you to actually address hockey thoughts:

• The Blues players aren't going to spoil their Stanley Cup dreams. Their dumbass coach is.  You can count on that, so enjoy the moment.
  • Corey Crawford is an amazing goaltender.  People in Chicago seem to hate him a LOT (mostly dumbass callers to the various radio stations), but the guy is incredible.  
  • Not sure where Jonathan Toews left his scoring touch, but if he could find it before the 2017 playoffs, that'd be great. 

MOD EDIT

• I absolutely believe Hitchcock is going to be the Blues downfall. From what I've heard, he's a giant prick and the players don't like playing for him. Anything short of the Stanley Cup and I'd give him the boot. 

•I've always liked Corey Crawford. He's always been a real stand-up guy to compliment his amazing goaltending. Unlike that asshat Jonathan Quick. Good goalie, but I can't stand him and his dumb face. 

•The Blues had Toews' number, among others, all series. For the most part they came ready to play. The only reason the series was as close as it was is because the Blues were out coached. 

On April 26, 2016 at 8:59 PM, Heitert said:

MOD EDIT

• I absolutely believe Hitchcock is going to be the Blues downfall. From what I've heard, he's a giant prick and the players don't like playing for him. Anything short of the Stanley Cup and I'd give him the boot. 

•I've always liked Corey Crawford. He's always been a real stand-up guy to compliment his amazing goaltending. Unlike that asshat Jonathan Quick. Good goalie, but I can't stand him and his dumb face. 

•The Blues had Toews' number, among others, all series. For the most part they came ready to play. The only reason the series was as close as it was is because the Blues were out coached. 

We agree that the Los Angeles Kings and their fans are generally MOD EDIT

Toews just wasn't being the usual dynamic guy he typically is, and I personally think fatigue took it's toll.  The season was long and horribly uninteresting, and by the time Toews had to wake the mojo, there was none to be found.  Whole team needs a long break and, well, they earned one.

twitter

Archived