2016 NHL Playoffs, Rite of Spring: "You thought God was an architect"

ninersdd

4 minutes ago, Cujo said:

The only difference is it wasn't "their team" in 2007. Getzlaf was just coming into his own and Perry was still just a rookie or sophomore in the league.

This Ducks team that has choked four years straight, THAT is "their team".

That's what I was saying.

IEI5Tg1.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cujo said:

There's your problem. Anaheim's two core players -- the Thornton/Marleau of SoCal.

Objection: Joe and Patrick actually won two game sevens on home ice ('08 versus the Flames, '11 versus the Wings.)

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

The Ducks have given up 2 goals in each first period of those 4 game 7's, which is pretty telling. I watched the first period and I couldn't believe how flat and out of sync they looked. Speaking of juice, there was no juice on the Anaheim side last night. And they live in Orange County. Ironic. 

7 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

I'm just really annoyed Sharks/Ducks, like Rangers/Islanders, was too good to be true.

I mean, god forbid I root for a series with juice to it. Nashville/San Jose just doesn't have it.

The last time juice was near Orange County, it lead to some very bad results...

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

9 hours ago, hbgoo1975 said:

Oh they will, they will next week. 

Team with reputation to choke in postseason will choke in postseason, says the Goo?

Bold prediction, Cotton. 

9 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Sigh...

I'm sorry for all the mean things I've ever said about the Sharks. If this is how you all felt, I am terribly sorry. Rooting for a group of choking dogs... It's... It's awful.

Just... Just... :censored: ing damn it. How? How do they come out this way? They know their history. They know the stakes. They know how close they were a year ago. How well they played this season. And to come out with that? I just... :censored: ing hell...

I hope the Sharks shove a stick so far up James Neal's ass that it comes out of his mouth.

... :censored:

Yup. It's a crummy existence when you see your team constantly have it on paper to go deep into the playoffs, yet year after year can't find a way to win in clutch moments. Maybe the Kings figured out the antidote, I don't know.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

14 minutes ago, Alex Houston said:

Objection: Joe and Patrick actually won two game sevens on home ice ('08 versus the Flames, '11 versus the Wings.)..

Yea, but...

2008 Sharks: Dallas blew SJ out of the water in the next round.

2011 Sharks: Held on to win Game 7 vs. Detroit after blowing a 3-0 series lead.

6uXNWAo.png

6 minutes ago, Cujo said:

2008 Sharks: Dallas blew SJ out of the water in the next round.

2011 Sharks: Held on to win Game 7 vs. Detroit after blowing a 3-0 series lead.

The subsequent series in '08 doesn't disprove the home ice point. 

Just now, Alex Houston said:

The subsequent series in '08 doesn't disprove the home ice point. 

Sure. Let's talk about home ice... How many times have the Sharks won their division but failed to win the conference? I've lost count.

6uXNWAo.png

Just now, Cujo said:

Sure. Let's talk about home ice... How many times have the Sharks won their division but failed to win the conference? I've lost count.

Your original point was referring to how the Sharks couldn't win Game 7's on home ice, which I countered. I'm not arguing they don't deserve the choke label. They clearly do until they win a cup. But the Sharks other history of choking is something different than what you quoted 'monkeypower' on. Two separate areas of chokery.

33 minutes ago, Cujo said:

If you added up every Conference Final victory, in team history, it still wouldn't earn them a trip to the finals.

Maybe this is the year where expectations are low and they're able to come through when they don't put that pressure on themselves just because they were "regular season champions". I can picture a very real reality where we're watching the Sharks in the final for the first time. 

Of the 4 teams left in the west the Stars have the most recent Finals appearance and that was 2000 so I'm pretty much good with anybody. If Pittsburgh can go ahead and lose the next 4 I'll have a nice time with the rest of the playoffs. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

No Ducks, No Hawks and no Kings, talk about the year of the upset.  As far as the Preds/Sharks series goes, I wouldn't be so quick to write off Nashville.  The Sharks haven't erased their choker status by any means... not yet anyways.  Only a finals appearance will accomplish that goal.

16 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Maybe this is the year where expectations are low and they're able to come through when they don't put that pressure on themselves just because they were "regular season champions". I can picture a very real reality where we're watching the Sharks in the final for the first time. 

Of the 4 teams left in the west the Stars have the most recent Finals appearance and that was 2000 so I'm pretty much good with anybody. If Pittsburgh can go ahead and lose the next 4 I'll have a nice time with the rest of the playoffs. 

I like to see different teams win, because it gives me the illusion that life is fair and I'll get my turn eventually. Only nine Stanley Cups (and four of them from the not-so-threatening Islanders) between the eight teams left in the playoffs makes me happy.

11 hours ago, Cosmic said:

the not-so-threatening Islanders

They already broke serve in the series and their opponent is missing two key players. They have a better chance of getting through to the conference final than the cupless wonder Perds do.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

They already broke serve in the series and their opponent is missing two key players. They have a better chance of getting through to the conference final than the cupless wonder Perds do.

Meh. Even if they get through this series, I'd pick either the Pens or Caps over them in a short series in the next round.

I'm just excited that half of the teams left have never won the Cup. Don't poop on my parade... reality will do that eventually.

This series almost worries me more than the Blackhawks series because it seems as though everyone is picking the Blues to win. 

That being said, it's been a great game so far. Really good pace. The Blues need to fix that problem of being outshot though. Especially in the second period. 

Archived