2016 NHL Playoffs, Rite of Spring: "You thought God was an architect"

ninersdd

3 minutes ago, Brass said:

Did a bracket. Guess it didn't save or something. Oh, well, it's to be expected; the new NHL.com sucks anyway.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to share this sentiment. The whole "bracket challenge" process was very confusing, between choosing a league and saving your predictions. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Heitert said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one to share this sentiment. The whole "bracket challenge" process was very confusing, between choosing a league and saving your predictions. 

Agreed. I probably should have known if before hand, but even when the brackets were set, you had to wait until the schedule came out to pick your choices. I had to look all over for this explanation. God forbid they put it in the "How to Play" section...

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

On 4/11/2016 at 9:53 PM, Alex Houston said:

I think this one goes the difference, though I'm still feeling the better matchup would've been Anaheim. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something that makes me think the Ducks would be the easier out. Maybe it's been the Kings recent success, or the reverse sweep, but if they managed to knock out L.A., I do think the road for the Ducks and Hawks gets much easier. 

Anyways, here's what I see happening. 

Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 9.52.01 PM.png

Quoting own post again due to laziness. Surprised at how many folks have the Pens coming out of the East.

Not that I disagree, obviously, but I imagined more disagreement.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

My predictions from that bracket challenge:

Washington over Philadelphia in 5

Rangers over Pittsburgh in 6

Florida over Islanders in 6

Tampa Bay over Detroit in 7

Dallas over Minnesota in 6

Chicago over St. Louis in 6

Anaheim over Nashville in 6

Los Angeles over San Jose in 6

Washington over Rangers in 6

Florida over Tampa Bay in 5

Chicago over Dallas in 6

Los Angeles over Anaheim in 7

Washington over Florida in 6

Los Angeles over Chicago in 7

Los Angeles over Washington in 6

2 minutes ago, Heitert said:

Blues and Blackhawks in OT. Why would it be any other way?

Game One, Round One and I'm already stressed. 

Every time Tarasenko has the puck, I tense up.

The much-maligned Blackhawks defense (our leading "alternative" Hawks blog has blamed Trevor van Riemsdyk for everything short of Kane getting off) has actually been adequate tonight. Getting Keith back Friday should help out a lot.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just now, DDR said:

Every time Tarasenko has the puck, I tense up.

You're lucky he's not shooting. I get that he's trying to be selfless with the puck, but, I mean, he's a great shooter and he needs to try to rip one past Crawford.

At least 3 good chances and only one SOG. 

And human bag of excrement David Backes comes through with a lucky shot. Keith will return Friday though and Hawks will win four in a row, restoring order with the power of LOLHAWKSWIN.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

8 minutes ago, Alex Houston said:

And human bag of excrement David Backes comes through with a lucky shot. Keith will return Friday though and Hawks will win four in a row, restoring order with the power of LOLHAWKSWIN.

Ya know, I never got the Backes hate. He's a skilled player at his position. Hard hitter? Sure. But who isn't these days? At least he keeps his stick square to the ice and his other in his pants, unlike two other 'Hawks players that immediately spring to mind. 

Oh well...

1-0 Blues. 

Fell asleep after first period.  Not surprised to see Hawks lose, much less in OT, but reading Blues fans acting like the series is over is amusing. Kings fans seem to be enjoying this more then even they are.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Blues won game 1 in OT in 2013 and 2014 too.

#TheTraditionLives

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived