2016 NHL Playoffs, Rite of Spring: "You thought God was an architect"

ninersdd

54 minutes ago, the admiral said:

trophy case

Is this supposed to refute his history of having wonky game winners slip through? When Chicago loses these types of close games it's often on a soft-ish, preventable goal. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That goal was not Crawford's fault at all. There's nothing a goalie can do about redirections off the skates of their own defensemen. Mostly because goals scored in that fashion are not actual goal-scoring attempts, at all, by the player who gets credited with the goal. Usually, a cross-slot pass is to try and set up a backdoor one-timer. That's what Backes seemed to be attempting in this case. He wasn't aiming for van Riemsdyk's skate at all. It just so happened to come out that way.

Watch some videos from 2012 if you want Crawford giving up soft OT winners. Frankly, I'm still full of recollections of Crawford stopping 68/70 shots in the last three games of last season's Cup Final, and the two goals he did allow were one-timers he had no chance on earth of actually, realistically stopping. 

spacer.png

24 minutes ago, twi said:

Is this supposed to refute his history of having wonky game winners slip through? When Chicago loses these types of close games it's often on a soft-ish, preventable goal. 

That was not a soft goal. That was a fluky goal. Doesn't mean the win was a fluke. Doesn't take away from the Blues. But that was not really on Crawford. 

History of soft goals? Maybe. History of dropping F Bombs at Stanley Cup Victory Parades? Definitely.

Somewhere Babcock is talking through his 18th sandwich, explaining to his team that they actually have to win 3 more games to win the series.  Despondence is setting in.  Blackhawks have them right where they want them.

*drinks*

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Somewhere Babcock is talking through his 18th sandwich, explaining to his team that they actually have to win 3 more games to win the series.  Despondence is setting in.  Blackhawks have them right where they want them.

*drinks*

Hitchcock?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'm on 2 hours sleep. A :censored: is a :censored:. - Miley Cyrus

edit. Damned censor. To hell w it 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Least excited I've been for the playoffs since probably 2008. I watched the games last night and they were some pretty good games and I felt nothing. There's just only so many ways to enjoy it when your team's not in it. The Columbus Blue Jackets have broken me. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

0-0 in OT in the playoffs, that's one that can't go in. No ifs, ands, or buts. There were a few quirky deflection goals last night, but to slide five hole on a goalie already down and set? 

And that's not even the most compelling goalie topic in the series. Elliott tends to go on prolonged streaks of great play, how long can that last when his team gets thoroughly outplayed again? Maybe the spirit of first round Cujo resides in those pads and mask. 

A million bonus points for anyone who said Zatkoff/Jarry and Raanta/Hellberg would be the likely game 2 tandems in PIT-NYR. 

48 minutes ago, twi said:

Elliott tends to go on prolonged streaks of great play, how long can that last when his team gets thoroughly outplayed again? Maybe the spirit of first round Cujo resides in those pads and mask. 

Allen is close to being back. St. Louis is the last team anyone should be worried about goaltending.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

9 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Least excited I've been for the playoffs since probably 2008. I watched the games last night and they were some pretty good games and I felt nothing. There's just only so many ways to enjoy it when your team's not in it. The Columbus Blue Jackets have broken me. 

I feel ya, brother.

Beer-Toast.jpg

NBC is using the Flyers Comcast broadcast for Caps/Flyers and the Sharks Comcast broadcast for Kings/Sharks.

Wonderful... The only positive about this is Bill Clement back on a national broadcast. And not that I want to hear Joe Beninati ever, but the Captials are also on Comcast in DC. Could've used the home team's feeds. Probably one last dying promise to Ed Snider. Who knows.

5 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

NBC is using the Flyers Comcast broadcast for Caps/Flyers and the Sharks Comcast broadcast for Kings/Sharks.

Wonderful... The only positive about this is Bill Clement back on a national broadcast. And not that I want to hear Joe Beninati ever, but the Captials are also on Comcast in DC. Could've used the home team's feeds. Probably one last dying promise to Ed Snider. Who knows.

They've always done that with the Sharks, etc on the west coast so no surprise there. I thought for sure that they would do a national broadcast team for 2 big name teams from the East.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Maybe they'll pick up the Caps guys for the road games, like the NFL's NFC/AFC rules. Or maybe NBC doesn't want to subject America to the auditory dysentery that is Joe Beninati.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

15 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Nope, they've done it before. The Flyers-Wild game in Minnesota was broadcast on NBC, but used Philly's network. NBC is owned by Comcast, so it makes sense...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I know they do it. I was referencing using Philly over DC, because they're both Comcast. But overall, it's a yearly complaint of mine.

There is really no reason for a national sports network to pick up a a team's local broadcast with announcers paid by the team for a national broadcast. I'd rather a simulcast from Canada (like they have done before). Or there is 14 other team's broadcasters who aren't doing anything right now too. You just need to pay them for one round, because its only a problem in Round 1 as local broadcasts are still allowed.

Oh man, Florida... those empty seats in a playoff game. Hell, it's an 8 pm start, so its not like people couldn't get there.

Like I know Panthers/Islanders was probably the least sexy series, but c'mon now.

Archived