2016 NHL Playoffs, Rite of Spring: "You thought God was an architect"

ninersdd

My thoughts on the Flyers/Caps game 1...the Flyers were not aggressive enough. The offense was mostly non existent and they had some dumb penalties. They looked like an eighth seed last night. That being said, they were in the game most of the night because the Capitals didn't particularly play well either. They got stronger as the game went on but still not an A game for them. I can potentially see that team being dominant like the Red Wings of the 90s. They are physical and have a lot of talent. But I say potentially because they still have a lot to prove.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, DaRadniz29 said:

That was a great playoff hockey game. Good road win by the Sharks to take 1-0 Series lead.  I think I almost passed out in that mayhem that was the last 45 seconds.  

Shoot, I just de-clenched now. 

Awesome performance by the boys. Kings looked very beatable last night and if we continue getting contributions from the depth, I could see this team sneaking back into the WCF.

Or self-destructing in a ball of flames, y'know, whatever works. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

See, here's what I don't get. The league starts Hawks/Blues, an intriguing, bitter divisional contest featuring the defending champs at 8:40 on a Wednesday, yet start the Friday game at 7? I saw the score come up on the ticker and I'm like, "Wait, huh?"

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

GG, Blues.  2-0 lead.

OK, I'm despairing and calling the series over, so it's officially a playoffs thread.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

2 minutes ago, CS85 said:

GG, Blues.  2-0 lead.

OK, I'm despairing and calling the series over, so it's officially a playoffs thread.

Blues won game 2 in 2013 and 2014 too.

#TheTraditionLives

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I find the local play by play guy for Chicago that's currently being broadcast on NBCSN as impossibly annoying. Worse than Joe Beninati IMO. 

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

I find the local play by play guy for Chicago that's currently being broadcast on NBCSN as impossibly annoying. Worse than Joe Beninati IMO. 

I'm sorry you don't enjoy good broadcasting.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Was this really what the goal of the offsides review was supposed to be?

Obviously we as fans want all the calls to be correct, but on these types of plays where it's simply a matter of a toe being in the air or not I don't think grinding the game to a halt is the way to go. I see this as a lot different than the Duchene laugher that occurred to help bring this about. 

As I type, no goal. I wonder how many goals over the years wouldn't have counted under this system, might have been some pretty big ones. 

Maybe I'm biased but screw the coache's challenge. It slows the game down too much. The element of human error is why refs exist in the first place. What, is it just a matter of time before we have a bunch of bots on the ice with heat sensor lazors at the blue lines?

Just now, Heitert said:

Maybe I'm biased but screw the coache's challenge. It slows the game down too much. The element of human error is why refs exist in the first place. What, is it just a matter of time before we have a bunch of bots on the ice with heat sensor lazors at the blue lines?

Well I think it's necessary for goal reviews and goalie issues. Although there's a ton of kinks to work out there. 

On plays like the offside in question, I am torn between wanting 100%accuracy and saying that the inch doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Even worse are the ones where a team cycles around for a good bit of possession before a goal and it then eventually gets called off well after the fact. 

2 minutes ago, Heitert said:

And people said the Blues got lucky in Game 1. Hopefully this will light a fire under their bellies and be prepared to go for Game 3 on Sunday. At least they can't blow a 2-0 lead this year. 

Well, it was a "lucky" or "fluke" goal but it wasn't like the Blues didn't deserve to win and I didn't see any Hawks fans saying the Blues got lucky. Maybe you did. All I saw was lots of people saying "you haven't won anything yet."

I said it in a Blues gameday thread earlier, they're playing Chicago the wrong way. You can't beat them down from a physical angle. They're too good and have too much finesse to fall into that trap. Unless the Blues can sneak one out of the UC - and it isn't going to happen Sunday, I can tell you that - then this series is as good as dead. Another talented Blues team who let's emotion take their attention. 

Anyways, Andrew Shaw has a punchable face and sorry Andy, Foley blows. His cadence makes me envious of Helen Keller.

Archived