American Throwball Association: Cleveland Update

jmoe12

Another great concept. I check your website about Throwball (love how deep it goes), but I am curious about how the current season is going. Are you simulating it at all? Do you have a rough idea about what's going on? 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

Another great concept. I check your website about Throwball (love how deep it goes), but I am curious about how the current season is going. Are you simulating it at all? Do you have a rough idea about what's going on? 

I don't have the exact numbers, but I have a pretty good idea of what's been happening. I'll post standings when all concepts are complete.

17 hours ago, jmoe12 said:

I got another one done!

San Diego Vigilantes

Founded: 2009

Division: West

Union Cups: 0

Moelduer Shields: 0

The Vigilantes, have, to put it nicely, sucked for the entirety of their existence. Much like their expansion partners Indianapolis, San Diego has been stricken with poor fan support and a brutal on-field product. Many San Diego residents have chosen to spend their Throwball dollars on the LA Stars or even Mexican side Tijuana. Whenever relocation is mentioned, the Vigilantes are often the first team mentioned, and if they can't right the ship soon, a move may become unavoidable.

YfUTJMX.png

San Diego's city motto is Semper Vigilans, Latin for "Ever Vigilant." I used this as inspiration for the name. The logo is a skull in a vaquero's hat, a tribute to the days of the Wild West. I used a Mexican tapestry pattern as inspiration for the hat and uniform trim. San Diego is one of the few teams to feature shirts, shorts, and pads all different colors, which is generally frowned upon by boards such as these. But I think the Vigilantes pull it off quite well. 

C&C appreciated, two more teams to go!

Looks pretty good. I agree with the fact that San Diego can pull off shirts, shorts and pads in different colors. Can't wait to see what you have in store next.

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

• 2 months later...

It's baaack!!!!

San Francisco Condors

Founded: 1997

Moelduer Shields: 0

A strong regular season team, San Francisco has never been able to perform in the playoffs, earning the label of postseason chokers. Condors fans have been waiting patiently for the year their team finally puts it together, and it looks like this might be the one. Wing Elijah Tolliver has been on a tear all season, putting up MVP type numbers every night. Tolliver's fantastic play has put the Condors on top of the West, and they'll be hoping to top the division for the first time in their history.

tas6MHp.png

The Condors often switch between black and garnet home uniforms, but this year is all-black, with a garnet yoke and the Golden Gate Bridge sublimated into the shirt. The clash is a white version of the home, with the bridge making another appearance.

C&C appreciated, I'm hoping to get the last team up in the next few days.

And here it is, the last one!

Seattle Totems

Founded: 1971 (Relocated from Sioux Falls 1988)

Moelduer Shields: 1 (2003)

Seattle has cycled back and forth from mediocre to title-contenders for much of their history, peaking in the early 2000s, with one of the greatest squads to never win a Union Cup. During those years, the Totems would consistently have one of the best records in the league, only to trip up in the loaded West Division playoffs. A Moelduer Shield is the club's only silverware so far, and with the old guard finally moving on, it seems like the next championship push is still a few years off.

XeOkT0j.png

I've known what I wanted to do for this team for the longest time. The most challenging part was getting the colors to have enough contrast, but this is now one of my favorite schemes in the league. Overall, the kits are pretty simple with the iconic thunderbird wrapping around from the front to the back.

So, that's all the teams. C&C is still greatly appreciated on any of them, though. I'll be posting some compilation graphics over the next few days to wrap things up.

What a great way to end the series off. I love that the wings wrap around to the back of the jersey. This entire series was amazing and its sad to see that its finishing up. Hopefully we will be able to see more Throwball concepts in the near future. Great work as always.

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

15 hours ago, Spanna65 said:

How is this season going? Am interested to hear which teams are going well.

I'll be releasing the current standings by division. Here are the East and North, with 8 games left to play.

0xpVjfx.png?1          7zEJp3N.png?1

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like I've improved quite a bit over the course of this series. As a result, some of my earlier logos look pretty poor compared to some new ones. So I'm going back and updating a few identities. I'm not sure how many I'll get to, but here's the first one.

QdaVRNg.png

For reference, here's the progression the logo has gone through since I first attempted it a year ago.

fmTAltO.png

C&C appreciated! If you have a suggestion for a team that needs work, feel free!

• 1 month later...

I saw the standings were updated. Are we going to see playoffs?

Also, I love the logo update on Cleveland. Great work. I think you should go back and work on the Immigrants. Perhaps you could improve the face?

3 hours ago, ~Bear said:

I saw the standings were updated. Are we going to see playoffs?

Also, I love the logo update on Cleveland. Great work. I think you should go back and work on the Immigrants. Perhaps you could improve the face?

Yep! The Union Cup starts tomorrow. Cleveland, Atlanta, Empire, and San Francisco all won their division tournaments and advanced to the finals in Phoenix. I've been swamped studying for exams right now, but I'll get some graphics up soon.

I've been working on Long Island for a while, but I'm struggling a bit. They're definitely high on the list for a refresh though.

Archived