1990's CART/ Indycar Fauxbacks: 5/14 Jim Clark Update

dakotapalm

Like most folks, the time I learned and had my first exposure to racing tends to be the time I consider the "glory days." There are a lot of changes or other things which can be argued or discussed, but frankly, I just like the look and appearance of the mid-1990's Reynard chassis of the Indycars, or CART Champ Cars, following the split. In this series, I'll be posting some liveries of cars which I either admired at the time (replicated to the best of my ability), or modern-day liveries on that Reynard chassis.

To begin, my favorite paint scheme of the time, Tasman Motorsports, and Andre Ribero:

reynard Tasman Ribero.png

This next one might blow some minds, but it's a tribute to one of the greatest American drivers, even if he was in a different series- It would have been interesting if he can spent some time in Indycar as some others of his generation did- #3, and The Intimidator:

reynard Self Template Earnhardt.png

On 4/13/2016 at 5:38 PM, TheBigBuc said:

Since you did Dale Earnhardt, why not do tributes to Richard Petty, Jeff Gordon, and Tony Stewart? (NASCAR paint scheme not Indycar)

Thanks for the suggestion. I've already done Jeff Gordon, but I will make Richard Petty, as he's a legend. Tony Stewart would be an obvious crossover from Indycar, too.

Here's Gordon:

57102b9771b01_reynardSelfTemplateGordonJ

17 minutes ago, dakotapalm said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I've already done Jeff Gordon, but I will make Richard Petty, as he's a legend. Tony Stewart would be an obvious crossover from Indycar, too.

Here's Gordon:

57102b9771b01_reynardSelfTemplateGordonJ

That rainbow car brings back so many memories of my childhood. Probably my favorite livery yet! 

Richard, the King, Petty. Not knowing a lot of the NASCAR history, I had to research. Obviously the template is the same, but I wasn't sure which manufacture's decal to put on the car- I went with Pontiac, as I believe that was his final racer. I tried to model the paint after his 1979 Daytona winner.

5711511b88bcf_reynardSelfTemplateNASCARP

It's great to see motorsport concepts on the boards. Admittedly I know nothing about Indycar or even all US motorsport so can't comment on the actual concepts but I instantly recognised the Earnhardt design and think you did a great job on your Red Bull concept. I'd maybe prefer a yellow nose but that's about it.

I definitely agree about the "glory days" being associated with when the sport first captures your imagination.

If you're looking for any more ideas, how about something mega retro like Jim Clark or Graham Hill from the 1960s?

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

• 3 weeks later...

Archived