Cosmic

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/10/2016 at 5:07 PM, TorinK92 said:

CsB9PJuUAAET1AM.jpg:large

It was almost fair enough to have the banners with the old team's logo. Now this is just sad.

At least it's not that horrific vinyl anymore.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

On 9/12/2016 at 10:16 AM, Magnus said:

This is going to sound heartless, but this policy will make parents more likely to get a sitter and leave kids at home.

A couple of seasons ago, I did a 12 game flex pack. My seat was right in front of a pair of STH who brought their newborn to every game, except one. The kid screamed and cried through at least two full periods all 11 games they had it there.

I tried to move my seats, but was unable to find four open seats without moving to a less expensive section, and not getting compensated for the price difference. 

I'm not sure if this is part of the intent, or if it's just a cash grab, but I'm ok with it. I have nothing against kids at games, but when your baby is ruining the experience for those around you regularly, and not just having a rough night, don't bring them.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

I don't think you should take a six-month-old to a hockey game, but if you have to, you shouldn't have to pay for his or her ticket.

"BABY MUST PAY" turns out to be very fun to say.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I went to Consol Energy Center for the first time on Sunday. I was very tempted to wipe a booger on this Stanley Cup champions sign, but I decided I've grown too old for such shenanigans any more. 

Nice Arena, but being as objective as I can and trying to look at both from an unbiased perspective I still like Nationwide Arena better. Nationwide's seating is visually more interesting. The concourses are wider, more ceiling height, and it's more clear how to get around to the different levels. The one thing I like better about Pittsburgh's is what would be the view of the playing surface is visible from anywhere in the upper deck concourse and not walled off, which means there's no upper deck tunnels. You start at the top of the bowl and walk down which means you don't have goober knuckleheads walking out of the tunnel and standing in front of you while they look upwards, mouth agape, searching for their seats. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Carey Price coming back will make the Habs much better, but the improvement in going from AHL goalie to arguable best goalie in the world will still be attributed to Shea Weber's dressing-room presence.

10 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

This is going to sound heartless, but this policy will make parents more likely to get a sitter and leave kids at home.

A couple of seasons ago, I did a 12 game flex pack. My seat was right in front of a pair of STH who brought their newborn to every game, except one. The kid screamed and cried through at least two full periods all 11 games they had it there.

I tried to move my seats, but was unable to find four open seats without moving to a less expensive section, and not getting compensated for the price difference. 

I'm not sure if this is part of the intent, or if it's just a cash grab, but I'm ok with it. I have nothing against kids at games, but when your baby is ruining the experience for those around you regularly, and not just having a rough night, don't bring them.

It's probably not a new policy. The outdoor games are run by the NHL, not by the teams. The teams probably all have their individual policies still.

13 hours ago, McCarthy said:

"Man PK looks weird in those preds uniforms"

Yeah, don't nobody look good in a yellow hockey helmet. 

I'm a die-hard Predators fan, so I give them a little bit of leeway on a lot of things, but I can't even begin to defend those ugly helmets.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

I wonder if we're going to have any Kaepernicks in the 300 section when the Hawks do their whole anthem cheering bit. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Not likely, but I'd expect a Committed Indian rant about how terrible Hawks fans are for cheering through the anthem, or standing quietly through the anthem, or existing through the anthem.

On 13/09/2016 at 11:26 AM, BeerGuyJordan said:

I'm kind of wondering how people can commit to season tickets with a newborn, myself. Priorities, man. 

I've always wondered if people had to buy a ticket for the baby. 

In all the sports I think I'd only take a baby to a baseball game and that's if it's a sparsely attended day game in the middle of the season. I'm not carrying my infant around game 5 of the NLDS. I'd wait until the kid is 4 or 5 for hockey. I wouldn't take anyone under the age of 16 to an NFL game. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

40 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I've always wondered if people had to buy a ticket for the baby. 

In all the sports I think I'd only take a baby to a baseball game and that's if it's a sparsely attended day game in the middle of the season. I'm not carrying my infant around game 5 of the NLDS. I'd wait until the kid is 4 or 5 for hockey. I wouldn't take anyone under the age of 16 to an NFL game. 

"Aw, how cute!  They brought their baby to - IS THAT A CHARGERS ONESIE!?"

*stabs infant repeatedly*

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

2 hours ago, Magnus said:

I'm kind of wondering how people can commit to season tickets with a newborn, myself. Priorities, man. 

As someone who doesn't ever want kids, I struggle more with how people can commit to a kid when they have season tickets.

On 14/09/2016 at 6:29 PM, BeerGuyJordan said:

As someone who doesn't ever want kids, I struggle more with how people can commit to a kid when they have season tickets.

True, some of us have different priorities. All I was saying was that if you've made the decision to be a parent, the kid's needs should come first.

Archived