Cosmic

On 2016-09-28 at 11:43 AM, BeerGuyJordan said:

I wouldn't call Radulov a diamond in the rough, play-wise. He always had star, even superstar potential. He just had so many discipline and off-ice issues during his tenure with the Preds, he developed a reputation as being more trouble than he's worth. If he really has matured, like he claims, the Habs picked up a hell of a player.

Booing Shea Weber would be incredibly frustrating to see. He's still a great defenseman, and a great leader. Montreal picked up a player that's easy to love, from a fan's persepective. It'll suck if the fanbase doesn't give him a chance.

And they said Subban was trouble...that's why I'm worried that Radulov and Therrien are eventually going to clash and fans will again be revolted about top-tier player leaving. I wish they stopped trying to be conformists and value each player according to their abilities. Right now, the personal favorites of the head office are Max Pacioretty, David Desharnais, Carey Price, and now Shea Weber. Max and DD are good, but not the ones to build a team around. PK and Galchenyuk were more specular to watch and got louder ovations, when I went to the Bell Center.

All I'm going to say is that I'll understand if they boo him during his inaugural line-up announcement. They booed a (at the time) undevelopped Carey Price when he was thrown to the wolves by Habs former GM, during that year after they let go Halak, after he became the renowned playoff hero. Regardless of what happens during the intros, they'll give him a chance during the game. A lot of Canadiens fans send indirect messages to the front office, although I understand the flipside. The front office may have the power to do what they want, but the fans won't hesistate to express how sh :censored: tty they are, if there's a need to speak their mind.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

I'm just going to drop this little gem here:

IMG_7992.JPG

Translation: we're firing a few people in PR and slashing the ad budget so we need you to show up otherwise it'll be your fault when we head off to Seattle or Kansas City or Quebec City or Moose Jaw.  We're mailing it in.

VmWIn6B.png

This just reeks of desperation to get STH. One thing that baffles me is their STH payment options. If you're struggling, why is your most "flexible" payment option 7 months? I'm not sure how the rest of the league does it, but the Preds have a 12 month option.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

2 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

I'm just going to drop this little gem here:

IMG_7992.JPG

Essentially it reads as the following:

--------------------

We're sorry.

Sorry for ever trying with you people.

Sorry we tried so desperately to coerce you into showing up via trickery and dressing up a turd.  Sorry we asked you to support douchebags like Mike Smith and Shane Doan.  Sorry we couldn't win dick with Jeremy Roenick and Keith Tkachuk.  Sorry Wayne Gretzky couldn't dazzle fans wearing a suit and tie.  We get it.

We're sorry for the embarrassment we've cultivated, courtesy of hilarious city council meetings and dismal hockey headlines.  We're sorry for that one season where we made the Western Conference Finals yet still finished dead last in attendance.  Because of this, we're done branding.  We're done with the gimmicks and catchphrases and spinwords.  We're done manufacturing buzz.

We're the underdogs.  We're the scrappy pack that hunts together.  We're the insert dog-and/or-wolf-related phrase here team.

No excuses.

No attendance.

No point in any of this.

Coyotes 2000 X-Treme Dorito Edition

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm so confused by this Jim Rutherford story where he talks about how important it is to him that players are the right fit for the room and have the right heart and character and Stuff Quants Hate, considering his whole Carolina tenure consisted of impulsively trading for guys because they were fast and their numbers looked good (or they were somehow associated with the state of Michigan), thereby assembling teams that more often than not never did anything but get pushed around and give up more than they scored. That's to say nothing of building around Eric Staal, who opens every morning newspaper to read "BREAKING NEWS: YOU NEED A HEART TO LIVE" like in that one Itchy & Scratchy. He shades his own kid for proposing video game trades in real life, but if I didn't know better, I'd think he spent a good five or six years taking those proposals; why else would you think Alex Semin was anything other than a moody bitch who floats too much? Either he reinvented himself in Pittsburgh like Paul at Damascus or Son-Hating Pete was calling the shots all along.

Speaking of, I noticed that Rutherford is 67 with an 8-year-old son, so he must be on the Karmanos trophy wife plan.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The PPG Building is my favorite building in Pittsburgh and among the cooler skyscrapers in America. I'm guessing the arena isn't simply "PPG Center" to avoid any ambiguity.

So did Consol default on their payments or what? Coal isn't really a growth industry these days.

"PPG Igloo" would have been a ballsy but memorable choice, kind of a TD Gardenesque concession that everyone wants to call the new place the old place and your naming-rights investment is more about civic engagement than positively getting your name out there (what up, Guaranteed Rate Field), not unlike underwriting the arts in some way. Of course, penguins and igloos occur at opposite poles, but who cares? I don't even know where Aleppo is.

19 old McDavid youngest captain ever.  Oilers say they could've gone without a C for a couple years until he aged to a number 21 or 22, but decided the distraction of that over the kid's head, which was an inevitable decision, wasn't worth it.  Why keep wondering if he's coming along properly for his eventual title, when they could just put it to bed now.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

The Hawks are in a bit of a fix with Gustav Forsling and Alexandre Fortin distinguishing themselves in training camp while being all-or-nothing propositions for the team: Forsling would have to be returned to his Elitserien team, and Fortin to Rouyn-Noranda. I say break camp with them and see what happens. I'd rather risk burning an ELC year off a kid Stan Bowman found under a couch cushion than use the roster spot on someone like Jordin Tootoo, a known commodity who sucks.

Archived