Cosmic

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping to hear about the Oilers trading Nail Yakupov to the Blackhawks for Desjardins, Tootoo, or some AHLers. Come on, Chiarelli, I know you have one more good-dressing-room-guy trade left in you. Come on, send us a first-overall in exchange for crap no one cares about, you know how badly you want to.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

A meh pick and a meh prospect. I wonder if there was really that little interest?

The Hawks were supposedly offering Mark McNeill (1st round pick in 2011, appears to be a AAAA forward) and/or Ville Pokka (projects to be an NHL d-man), but wanted the Oilers to retain some salary. The Oilers decided they would rather take a 22-year-old ECHLer than pay Yakupov to play somewhere else. Morons.

13 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The Hawks were supposedly offering Mark McNeill (1st round pick in 2011, appears to be a AAAA forward) and/or Ville Pokka (projects to be an NHL d-man), but wanted the Oilers to retain some salary. The Oilers decided they would rather take a 22-year-old ECHLer than pay Yakupov to play somewhere else. Morons.

My friends are somehow happy with this trade. Chiarelli sucks.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Your friends might actually be Peter Chiarelli, or remote-controlled drones of his, like Reeve and the Cait Siths in Final Fantasy VII.

I hope Yakupov handles this trade the way Taylor Hall did where he gives an interview every week like "hey guys, guys? Guys. Still mad about the Oilers trade, everyone!"

I hope Edmonton enjoys Chiarelli falling in love with this newly acquired prospect and Chiarelli giving him $3.5 million over 4 years with a NMC because why the :censored: not.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The prospect isn't even good enough for the AHL! Honestly, rather than have to explain that they flipped Yakupov for an ECHL skater, not even goalie but skater, they would have been better off waiving him and issuing a press release that simply read:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
EDMONTON OILERS PLACE NAIL YAKUPOV ON WAIVERS

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

###

I love that the bar is so low.  15 goals?  That's a pretty damning number.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Hey, the Islanders won't be on NPR this year! 30 games will be on WFAN (they also have the Devils and Nets) , the other 52 will be on WNYM which apparently exists and airs right-wing talk radio and Syracuse football. Hofstra radio will still be simulcasting in Nassau, as will WRCN in Suffolk.

Weren't they on WCBS in the playoffs? That would have been a good regular-season home for them. It's a clear channel, and CBS has two newsers in the market so even with the Isles playing on winter evenings there would still be news on 1010 WINS. 

Nighttime coverage for WNYM doesn't look great inasmuch as it doesn't reliably reach Suffolk County but don't lots of east-coast AM stations necessarily have spotty nighttime coverage? There would be so many signals bumping into one another otherwise.

Archived