Michigan Wolverine Logo

hettinger_rl

Back in 2010 I created a Michigan Wolverines logo and it looked pretty good for my skill-set at that time. But, now I've been constantly seeing flaws. So I've gone back and re-tooled it! Let me know if I upgraded or downgraded it and any other C&C.

2010:

Wolvy_3.png

2016:

Wolvy.png

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

upgrade in some areas downgrades in others. the fuzz below the ears is a little to sharp, and i kind of liked the helmet decal forehead on the first one. other than that it looks much more ferocious than the first one. Love it!

I have to say that I prefer the styling of the older one. I love the snarl on the face and the more rugged, wild look of the fur. It feels more collegiate, if that makes sense.

However, I do like what you've done with the the second one. It's well done in its own right but might be just a little too slick, for my taste,in the context that it is for Michigan. 

That's just my 2 pennies. Love seeing your work on here by the way

17 hours ago, llfhockey said:

upgrade in some areas downgrades in others. the fuzz below the ears is a little to sharp, and i kind of liked the helmet decal forehead on the first one. other than that it looks much more ferocious than the first one. Love it!

When I posted the first one in 2010 there was a comment that the helmet striping looked like a buckeye or weed leaf so that was why I sleeked that up on the new one.

15 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

I have to say that I prefer the styling of the older one. I love the snarl on the face and the more rugged, wild look of the fur. It feels more collegiate, if that makes sense.

However, I do like what you've done with the the second one. It's well done in its own right but might be just a little too slick, for my taste,in the context that it is for Michigan. 

That's just my 2 pennies. Love seeing your work on here by the way

Thanks for your input!

12 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

I agree with what's been said by those two ^ The new one isn't bad, but the older one looked like a crazier, Wilder collegiate mascot. The new looks a little new and sharp for my taste

Interesting! I went sleeker/sharp to give the idea of danger. I thought the old one seemed too "cuddly." Thanks for the comments.

Here's a look at the new one on a bit of Michigan gear:

Untitled.jpg.9bba9d20be90000e0e230d11397

I've come back around to a wolverine logo again. I've put together 2 looks, let me know which one is a better upgrade:

Last update 04/2016

Wolverine.png

New update A:                                                                                New Update B:

WolverineA.png WolverineB.png

I let go of the "helmet stipes on the wolverine" idea and it has really freed the shapes up.

2 hours ago, bucknut42 said:

I think update A is much better. The B has the feel of a bat face, idk maybe that's just me. But I like A better. 

1 hour ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Update A. Awesome job!

25 minutes ago, Broncoboy7 said:

Update A is my favorite. It just looks better in terms of style

Ok, does it have something to do with the amount of dark space? I made "B" because I though "A" was too "chunky" under the chin. Would something like this help:

A

WolverineA.png

B

WolverineB.png

C

WolverineB2.png

D

WolverineB1.png

I think A is still the best of all of them. The thing about A is that it looks more like an actual wolverine does. Wolverines have more of a rounded and full look to them anyways, kind like this guy:

Image result for wolverine animal

Of the new ones though, D is the best, but A is still the overall favorite. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, bucknut42 said:

I think A is still the best of all of them. The thing about A is that it looks more like an actual wolverine does. Wolverines have more of a rounded and full look to them anyways, kind like this guy:

Image result for wolverine animal

Of the new ones though, D is the best, but A is still the overall favorite. 

Yeah, I totally see what you're seeing. These were my references:

WolverineA.jpgWolverineB.jpg

I think if you took the most recent update and rounded off the cheek corners it would be perfect. I see the resemblance between your references and the latest logo, but the real wolverines have rounder cheeks. So if you try that, I think you've got your perfect logo. 

spacer.png

16 hours ago, JTswag187 said:

A has a much better head shape. I love the subtle M at the top of the head. Maybe it's me but the eyes seem a bit small for a logo.

Well the eyes are meant to be dark, so what we see in the concept is more like the shine from the eye.

2 hours ago, bucknut42 said:

I think if you took the most recent update and rounded off the cheek corners it would be perfect. I see the resemblance between your references and the latest logo, but the real wolverines have rounder cheeks. So if you try that, I think you've got your perfect logo. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I think it works well.

WolverineB4.png

As a die-hard Sparty fan, I want to hate it just out of spite............ but I can't. Your work here is amazing. The last one that you just posted is the best (looks most like a Wolverine). Just fantastic.

XcryMwi.png

7 minutes ago, hettinger_rl said:

Well the eyes are meant to be dark, so what we see in the concept is more like the shine from the eye.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think it works well.

WolverineB4.png

Perfection. And yeah, I agree with @HRC4 except I'm an Ohio State fan. I cannot hate it no matter what team it is. The logo just looks too beautiful. 

spacer.png

Archived