Soccer Crests from Around the World (Blackpool added)

BigRed618

On May 17, 2016 at 7:58 AM, Asterix777 said:

Great Series, love these designs. would you mind doing either Arsenal or the Colorado Rapids next?

I actually did make a Rapids concept a while back, but I've made a few tweaks to my concept since then, so I'll post how it looks so far...

COLORADO RAPIDS 

Current crest

image.png

Concept crest

image.png

It's not that I don't like the Rapids' current logo, but my biggest complaint about it is it's a bit too wordy. It tells more than it shows, if that makes any sense. I figured an emblem based on the Rocky Mountain State's flag would be enough to convey that this is Colorado's team.

As for Arsenal, I guess I'll give it a shot, but it won't be easy to top what they have right now.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's an old concept I had for a new MLS logo, before they came up with their shield...

image.png

The rounded hexagon is inspired by the panels on a soccer ball. The groovy shapes inside is actually a highly stylized map of North America, the red part being Canada, the blue being the US sans Alaska and Hawaii. I showed this before, but it wasn't well received.

New England Revolution desperately needs an update.  I have seen some awesome concepts for them here, but would love to see your take on it.

mainescarf.png

Guest darkpiranha

Great idea and I love the stylization of North America. Agree about Dominoes.  But nothing says it has to be red and blue.  Make at least one of them a different color and I think the Dominoes comparison becomes moot.  

FC SANTA COLOMA

Current Crest

image.png

Concept Crest

image.png

FCSC is not a well known club, but in the short 30 years they've existed, they became the strongest club the tiny nation of Andorra has to offer. The dove is an important symbol of the club and the town in which they play, so the bird stayed. Everything else has been simplified. Yellow was taken out because they traditionally wear white primary kits, with red or blue alternates.

Sorry it took so long to come back to this. I've been busy with work the past couple months.

NEW ENGLAND REVOLUTION 

Current

image.gif

Concept

image.png

I came up with this one with a little help from one of our more famous Founding Fathers, Ben Franklin. It's semi-common knowledge that he was not pleased with the decision to use the eagle as our country's symbol, going on to state that the turkey, being a "more respectable bird" and a true "Native of America," was a more appropriate choice. Reading his words inspired me to create a sports identity with a patriotic theme with the turkey as the centerpiece, just to see how that would look.

Quite an interesting take on the Revs. I like the logo and use of the turkey but whenever I think turkeys and natives my mind goes to the pilgrims. I think this could work if the name wasn't "Revolution." I do like how the feathers look like they come off of the head though as it could be a nod to the tea party where the rebels dressed as natives. 20131017-the-boston-tea-party-luis-arcas-brauner.jpg

sigsgsg.png.dd2c63fee3388b4132af271cae3c34b5.png

I knew you'd get a kick out of that Revs concept. I'll fix it up later, but for now, I want to do one more MLS concept...

DC UNITED 

Current

image.png

Concept (2013 version)

image.png

I made this three years ago when DCU was still using that older logo from 1997. I just wanted something involving the DC flag. Recently the Red and Black came up with a new crest, which was an improvement over their old. I wanted to make yet another concept to try to beat it...

Concept (2016 version)

image.png

This is my newest DCU concept. Lately, I noticed, I've been drawing inspiration from other logos in other sports. This concept, for instance, might remind you of the American League logo, which also involves an eagle perched on a ball.

For my next concept, I go back to Italy!

UC SAMPDORIA 

Current

image.jpeg

Concept

image.png

Samp's current logo sort of puzzled me. The team plays in Genoa, a seafaring town, so the team uses a sailor's silhouette as their emblem. Trouble is, the sailor, who I've learned goes by the name of Baciccio, is rather scruffy looking, and is hard to make out with just a profile. I would've never guessed for myself what that shape was supposed to be. So I drew a new logo, adding a little more detail to Baciccio's head.

The next problem I try to solve is one a few other soccer teams have... Using more than one logo on the same shirt. In addition to their primary, Sampdoria wears the arms of Genoa, a white shield with a red cross, usually on the chest. Figuring this is an important symbol for the fans, I tried to fit the cross and the sailor on the same logo. I ended up with a sort of double-shield setup. What do you think?

1 hour ago, PaperThin said:

Baciccio looks a little too cartoonish, I feel like smoothing out the silhouette would make it just as easy to see as a sailor.

Yeah, I was going for a cartoony look, like Chief Wahoo or that Irishman on the Boston Celtics logo. Not sure what you mean by "smoothing out the silhouette." 

Lovin these concepts!! Here are some more Ideas

Ajax Amsterdam

Athletic Bilbao

Atletico Madrid

Blackpool FC

Bohemian FC (Ireland)

Celta de Vigo

FC Copenhagen

Deportivo la Coruna

SD Eibar (Spain)

Feyenoord

Glasgow Celtic

Glasgow Rangers

Hertha Berlin

KAA Gent

Melbourne Victory

Millwall

FC Porto

RCD Espanyol

Real Betis

RKC Waalwijk (Netherlands)

St Patrick's Athletic (Ireland)

Steaua Bucharest

Villarreal

I may come up with some more teams later!

Quite a list there. I can't promise that I'll fill the whole thing out, but I have a few ideas already on what to do with some of these teams. But first...

Jeunesse Sportive Kabylie

Current

image.png

Concept

image.png

Kabylie is a club operating in the city of Tizi Ouzou, Algeria. They are meant to represent the Kabyle people living in the area. Their main colors are green and gold. I added blue and red as a tie in to the Kabyle flag...

image.jpeg

The strange lettering on the blue bar is meant to spell out the team name, "JSKabylie," in the native Tifinagh alphabet. So yeah, a lot of story behind this one.

Archived