University of Buffalo

MC Buffalo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

That turf was laid down less than two years ago.

I wonder if they have a donor lined up to change it already.

Money that should go to the players will cover it.

Btw, their spirit mark looks a hell of a lot like a cleaned of version of the Chicago Bulls logo.

6uXNWAo.png

Other than the font (including that weird A) and the one color Chicago Bulls knockoff logo I actually like this look. That is to say, I like the UB still and the use of just blue and the move away from whatever they were trying to do before.

12 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Isn't it the University "at" Buffalo?

Officially it's the "State University of New York at Buffalo".

But around here people say either "UB" or the "University of Buffalo"

You hear that all up and down the State at the various SUNY schools. University of Rochester, University of Binghamton etc...

I wonder how soon they will get the football field redone. The current one had a Watermark of New York State taht looked nice, but then "NEW YORK" was superimposed and stretched almost from the 35 to the 35.... awful!

10 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Btw, their spirit mark looks a hell of a lot like a cleaned of version of the Chicago Bulls logo.

I was thinking that raising the "student athletic fee" would be the easiest way to get the funds since they already receive $8.1M in fees.

23 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Money shouldn't go to the players AT ALL.  They're being indirectly paid through free tuition, room/board, meals, marketing (if you're a good enough player), and etc. Another big thing is that even the athletes on the non-revenue teams can all graduate without mountains of student debt.

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

8 minutes ago, GoGamecocks29 said:

Money shouldn't go to the players AT ALL.

"Come put your body at risk for us. Make US money. And on top of that, you have to take classes and struggle to keep your grades up. What a deal, right?"

6uXNWAo.png

1 minute ago, Cujo said:

"Come put your body at risk for us. Make US money. And on top of that, you have to take classes and struggle to keep your grades up. What a deal, right?"

College student-athletes do know what they're getting into and are hopefully aware that :censored: can happen. 

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

4 minutes ago, GoGamecocks29 said:

College student-athletes do know what they're getting into and are hopefully aware that :censored: can happen. 

Early-stage CTE in exchange for having textbooks thrown at you. What a deal!

6uXNWAo.png

41 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Then why don't high school athletes get paid for playing sports too??? 

If you don't like NOT getting paid for playing sports, then don't play sports... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

44 minutes ago, Cujo said:

While we pay for you to live, eat and study for free, enjoy your free degree if you graduate!

1 hour ago, MC Buffalo said:

Officially it's the "State University of New York at Buffalo".

But around here people say either "UB" or the "University of Buffalo"

You hear that all up and down the State at the various SUNY schools. University of Rochester, University of Binghamton etc...

I wonder how soon they will get the football field redone. The current one had a Watermark of New York State taht looked nice, but then "NEW YORK" was superimposed and stretched almost from the 35 to the 35.... awful!

Rochester's private and usually I hear it referred to Binghamton University (as well as Stony Brook University here on LI). But it does apply for Buffalo and Albany among the D-1 SUNYs. 

That being said, the sooner that state outline that has Montauk Point on the 32 freakin' yard line disappears, the better

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

35 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

Is this still a part of their identity or not?  I've always thought this was a great logo.

2268_buffalo_bulls-alternate-2007.png

I agree with you, that was my favorite UB logo also.

It's no longer the primary logo ... It's the alternate/secondary logo.

The football helmet has the overlapping 'UB' script logo on it. Not a big fan of that one.

Having grown up in North Buffalo during my formative years they've always been referred to as merely 'UB'. That NCAA basketball jersey looked downright silly.

There's 2 UB campuses, one is in Northeast Buffalo, the other one is in the suburb of Amherst a few miles north of the city. That's where Rob Gronkowski is from.

I loved the old primary that is posted above, but I can see how it already feels just a smidge dated with these cleaner, more minimalist designs working their way into the NCAA... I love that they dropped the NY thing, the school should really push Buffalo as a unique branding tool, especially as their sports program starts to build some steam.

Archived